Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee13

Re: Window cleaner pro will be no more!
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 04:05:18 pm »
Already there Lee and have been for ages

What system are you talking about?

erithwc

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 04:06:17 pm »
I was looking a getting wcp within the next few weeks on the Pay by Installments option but im not sure if its worth it now if their aren't going to be any ongoing updates.  :'(

kate1

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 04:11:39 pm »
Lee, with all due respect, Im not allowed to advertise as admin knows, and I dont want to over step the mark.

supernova77

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 04:22:22 pm »
Same a "Steve CM" - I could see this coming a mile off.

That's why I stuck with George!

Andy

BradMonks

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 04:27:20 pm »
I was looking a getting wcp within the next few weeks on the Pay by Installments option but im not sure if its worth it now if their aren't going to be any ongoing updates.  :'(

WCP is not going to cease to exist!! It just cannot be developed any further as far as we can see, it may be a case that WCP gets revisited at some point in the future.

It is effectively an 'Out Of The Box' product at present.

BR's
Brad

concept

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 04:29:51 pm »
Just the other day I was thinking about the fact I have had WCP over a year, and not had an update for many many months.

I was sold the package on the promise of constant redevelopment and improvements being available, which simply have not been the case.

Now it all falls into place, and I have no objections to developing new software, and I am all for progress, however, the monthly fee sounds on the high side, and a kick in the teeth for those that have invested in WCP already.

I see there will be the ability to text customers through the system? Fantastic addition, but will texts be included or need to be bought?

Needs to be something VERY special for £25-35 a month.

concept

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 04:32:12 pm »

WCP is not going to cease to exist!! It just cannot be developed any further as far as we can see, it may be a case that WCP gets revisited at some point in the future.

BR's
Brad

So thanks for the money guys, and apologies for lack of developments, its just tough?!

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 04:38:03 pm »
from what i have read here,  wcp stated off as a hobby,  they thougth they could make money at it so started a business,  the business isnt making money so start a new one and charge 25-35 a month

why not just develop wcp more, and charge 5 perm month

Davie T

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 04:39:06 pm »
Brad,

Looking at a Doomsday scenario.

If WCP  ceases to be today,( which I know is not the case at present) all my data etc can be retained and worked with for the forseeable future.

If the Compass software ceases to be, lets say in 9 months time, will I still be able to access and use the software thereafter?

You mention a difficult trading year last year and what I do not want to do do is jump over to the new software and down the road in 9 months time you cease the programme for financial reasons leaving me high and dry with a programme that I cannot access for whatever reasons.

I am not sure what internet based means ! Could you please explain ?

Thanks

Davie

Sean Dyer

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 04:40:56 pm »
Just the other day I was thinking about the fact I have had WCP over a year, and not had an update for many many months.

I was sold the package on the promise of constant redevelopment and improvements being available, which simply have not been the case.

Now it all falls into place, and I have no objections to developing new software, and I am all for progress, however, the monthly fee sounds on the high side, and a kick in the teeth for those that have invested in WCP already.

I see there will be the ability to text customers through the system? Fantastic addition, but will texts be included or need to be bought?

Needs to be something VERY special for £25-35 a month.

i use my unlimited texts and the phones pc software to send texts to groups easy peasy so to pay out 25-35 a month for that addition to wcp is a bit much for me, i too feel a bit let down, george did what i wanted but i changed after paying out for both as i thought wcp would continue to grow as promised form day one, but nothing has really changed , only update i got just made my collecting print outs longer as it listed every clean instead of previous one listing and amount outstanding in total

, surely if theres a money issue you guys couldve convinced us to pay a small sub to wcp for added features, but its a bit of a let down to drop wcp for new programme so we all have no choice if we want those features...

wcp = £200 one off

new programme = 300-420 a year ,

big difference guys! i am a big fan of wcp and im not completely close minded to the software you;re developing but i think surely you foreseen the reaction of the guys who bought wcp and were reassured of updates to the features they wanted, it is a bit of a let down.
but i await future information .... and if the new programme appeals maybe we can get some kind of discount or similar, but still having to pay constantly and never own the software is not something many will want i doubt

p1w1

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 04:46:19 pm »
so does that mean all the added stuff that was said will be deleveped for wcp when you where launching it will now not happen like dept list for wcplite the ability to text customers from it etc if so have to say i feel a bit robbed as these are the reasons i purchased it a, for what it already did and b, for the promised updates.
or the bottom line will there ever be updates for wcp again
paul

During our end of year review Window Cleaner Pro made a loss ... it was financially supported by our other projects that we are involved with. Our FA advised us to cease trading which we expected would be the advise, we chose to look at another option which enabled us to support our existing client base.

This meant we had to change the business model to ensure a revenue stream to enable us to progress development rather than close the business and leave all WCP users with no support at all..

Developing WCP was not a cost effective option as the features required would have to be 'shoe-horned' into it, surely better to create a new, purpose built product that will satisfy a customers requirements??

If you are still using Windows 3.1 then i have no argument!! Software evolves and so must we as a company...or we cease to exist.

So basically what your saying is sorry people we know we promised loads of updates and features you asked for in wcp when we was on this forum non stop for a few weeks whilst promoting it but now your going to get nothing..

erithwc

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 04:52:13 pm »

BR's
Brad

WCP just won't be developed any time soon but WCP will become the old model and all older models of software cost alot less than when they were released so my question is when will the price be reduced to reflect that it won't be getting updated.

don't get me wrong i have tried the software on the trial and its great but if it won't be getting any updates and will become the older model the price can't stay the same.

kate1

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 05:08:10 pm »
So its cloud then Brad?

dave0123

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 05:13:52 pm »
Dont think your going to get many people paying 25 - 35 a month in this current climate and now you have just P**d everyone off!! no warning or anything.

To be fair i think you should at least make a programe so people can move there data away from WCP back into george or something at least you get updates with them  ::)

Funny how they never devloped the bit that would export data of customers to spread sheet either.

And as someone has allready said ... what happens in 12 months time and this new software isnt making money we all have to pay even more money for something else? what a joke
Dave.

Llaaww

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 05:25:26 pm »
How soon before we can log in and have a look.

Will it be compatible with wcp, as in if I migrate my business to compass 180, will I also be able to migrate back to wcp in the future??

if it is dirty it is fair game

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 05:38:23 pm »
i dont get how wcp is loosing money yet the other ones are making money,  if there is no development need then surely there is not running costs accept for web site, and send out the gear,  which should basically be all profit, as all teh hard work and expensie should be done when the program was developed

dave0123

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 05:42:18 pm »
I think something should be made so we can move our data elsewere if you do not want to contine to use WCP like to george?

They were fast enough to make software so people could move from george to WCP remember  ::)
Dave.

kate1

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 05:42:33 pm »
Look guys, I have been a member of this forum for a while.  Lets get into IT shall we.  WCP they want to progess to cloud, weve been in cloud for many years.  Our programmer was on the panel for Palm for many years.  Same as George, WCP took the route of software, we took the route of cloud. now WCP are moving to cloud aswell.  Which is a montlhy subscription.

YOU HAVE to understand that technology dosent stay in the same place, we move to servers, more accurate data, better protection etc, instant upgrades, instant information, no sync, no updates, no software.

I am finding it so diffiucult about you lot keep going on about apps.  Shall we go and find a person that can develop an app, that works on Iphone, android, etc etc. ]

Please understand what you are entering in, and please understand what developers do.

Its not so simple, as I want this, I want that. its time money and coding

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 05:47:11 pm »
i dont think that the development of the new programe is the problem,  i think the problem is wc feel like they have been ripped off, as was promised loads and now it aint going to happen,  prehaps if they launched it as a sister program and kept wcp going then, or an upgrade,

but i cant see a lot of wc paying 300+ a year just to keep records,

Steve CM

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 05:48:28 pm »
i dont think that the development of the new programe is the problem,  i think the problem is wc feel like they have been ripped off, as was promised loads and now it aint going to happen, 

you have hit the nail on the head