This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kate1

Re: Window cleaner pro will be no more!
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 05:49:18 pm »
It just depends on how you want to run your business - simples

wightsurf

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 05:50:51 pm »
The bit that naffs me is this lite version isn't even finished yet.
Mine still has a debt function that does nothing.

Can that at least be finished  or is it and it's just me  ???
To be honest i can not see me going for the new product, over priced for what i need.

Now if the WCP team sunk ,Do we get our license so we can still carry on with our software ?
What is the situation if you pull the plug on this ?????????

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 05:52:21 pm »
i can see george trying to develop a program for people to move over, and getting more custys wth out even trying

dave0123

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, 05:54:50 pm »
i can see george trying to develop a program for people to move over, and getting more custys wth out even trying

Hopefully mate.  I hope it puts alot of people off WCP  dont know whats going to happen next if this new program fails? as i cant see alot paying anywhere near 25-35 a monnth. George been around for years get more updates than WCP and its only £50 and i dont think paul makes much money out of it.
Dave.

chopsie

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, 05:55:25 pm »
from what i have read its no big deal (unless you just bought it maybe). I have  george so cannot comment on the features of wcp. But if George did the same as wcp I could continue using it in its present state. Wcp users can do the same, george does everything I need it to do at the moment (as I am sure wcp is the same) If some updates came out then its a bonus, but if it stayed how it is for the next 3 plus years I am sure i would still be happy with it. If some new ideas came out in the next few years from a different company that I really wanted then i would buy that software. But theoretically I could use george in its present state until the day i retire as you can with wcp. Wcp are developing something that will serve alot of uses, rather than just window cleaning. I doubt it would be worth the money for 180 (whatever it is) for one man band window cleaners, we could continue to buy/use george/wcp. But for bigger outfits like dave morris and bigger, especially multiple service providers like window cleaning, oven cleaning,office cleaning,pressure washing etc etc then i think it will be a godsend (if nothing like it exists) and £25-£35 per month would be considered a bargain for these types of companies. Just my humble opinion
chopsie

Steve CM

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 05:59:58 pm »
from what i have read its no big deal (unless you just bought it maybe). I have  george so cannot comment on the features of wcp. But if George did the same as wcp I could continue using it in its present state. Wcp users can do the same, george does everything I need it to do at the moment (as I am sure wcp is the same) If some updates came out then its a bonus, but if it stayed how it is for the next 3 plus years I am sure i would still be happy with it. If some new ideas came out in the next few years from a different company that I really wanted then i would buy that software. But theoretically I could use george in its present state until the day i retire as you can with wcp. Wcp are developing something that will serve alot of uses, rather than just window cleaning. I doubt it would be worth the money for 180 (whatever it is) for one man band window cleaners, we could continue to buy/use george/wcp. But for bigger outfits like dave morris and bigger, especially multiple service providers like window cleaning, oven cleaning,office cleaning,pressure washing etc etc then i think it will be a godsend (if nothing like it exists) and £25-£35 per month would be considered a bargain for these types of companies. Just my humble opinion

i don't think you've been reading. its about the promosises made and not being delivered.

Its like someone saying they will build an extension on your house then half way through saying we are now gonna build a different extension and want more money. either have a half built extension or pay to get the new one.

Its just not cricket!

dave0123

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2010, 06:00:17 pm »
have  george so cannot comment on the features of wcp. But if George did the same as wcp I could continue using it in its present state. Wcp users can do the same, george does everything I need it to do at the moment

Thing is George hasn't promised lots of new features and updates all the time like WCP did when it first come out and along the run right upto today. So now everyone has allready paid £180.00 PLUS MORE for support if they wanted it we now going to have to pay £25-£35 a month just for the features we were suposed to get in the software we bought.
Dave.

p1w1

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2010, 06:01:17 pm »
i dont think that the development of the new programe is the problem,  i think the problem is wc feel like they have been ripped off, as was promised loads and now it aint going to happen, 

you have hit the nail on the head
yep for sure...

p1w1

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 06:11:37 pm »
It just depends on how you want to run your business - simples

kate you don't get it..its nothing to do with progress new programs etc..a year ago wcp boys came on this forum promoting there new program saying it will be getting updates and new features will be added etc which has not happened as stated it still has the debts page on wcp lite which has not been finished the point is they have not done this instead they send an e-mail out saying they ae not going to bother doing that now and if you want the updates they promised you now have to pay 25-35 a month for its a complete p iss take
paul

wightsurf

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 06:19:32 pm »
once bitten twicw shy ,,,, springs to mind  ::)

kate1

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010, 06:21:41 pm »
Pw

I get it completely

As a software developer or a cloud developer, dont you think we get ask to to everything apart from cleaning the windows for you.  Its not a question of "can you do this, can you do that" Its costs for us developers IF YOU WANT CERTAIN THINGS go to a bespoke person, developers charge £50 pounds an hour, we WCP, Midas, George all try our best to fit in.  If you want a certain function IT COSTS MONEY

cozy

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 06:21:55 pm »
Lee, with all due respect, Im not allowed to advertise as admin knows, and I dont want to over step the mark.

I think you can advertise Kate, so long as you sort out a price with the owner and admin.

LWC

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 06:26:36 pm »
Im a massive fan of wcp, i really am. Would always stand by it, but if im honest a little dissaopinted about this.

I understand if its not making money then things had to be changed, end of day we wouldnt be cleaning windows for nothing. But maybe it could of been done in another way, i for one was looking forward to be able to email customers direct from program, invoice etc.

I do want to see WCP progress and will stick with using it. I would of been much happier to have received an email saying to improve software we need £x amount a month, £5 - £10 maybe and at a stretch £15. £25 is a bit much for me no offence and £35 is out of question. I pay my account £500 a year, to add £420 a year to that is not something i will be doing.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 06:27:12 pm »
Well although it's archaic these day, I am glad that I have stuck with making MSWorks database and spreadsheet jump through hoops.  A pain to set up but OK once done.  A bit high maintenance too.
Importantly though, it can be used on hard drive only if internet access isn't available temporarily.  Also, support is available free of charge from the nerdy end of the internet.
Maybe I'm getting left behind but the way I do this is fine for a sole trader who is reasonably OK at making software stretch itself.
I do wonder if WCPro support is still going to be there FOC for those who don't wish to migrate.
I do understand that software must move on though.  Otherwise I would still be using the Rocket spreadsheet and Locoscript on an Amstrad PCW.  Those things were so archaic you couldn't even get internety access unless you were a techie wizard who could mak a 300 bps modem talk to it through a parallel or serial port LOL (I wasn't  ;D ).  I even had to save my work records a few months at a time because there were no hard drives with them - just floppies.  Couldn't fit a whole year on a floppy.  My point is that software moves on fdor everyone's convenience.  I just hope Brad and Ian would still be prepared to help if someone doesn't want to migrate to the Compass cloud.
Although times have been tight, I do feel that it would be a nice present if they could make a routine that would save the data as .csv in case anyone wants to migrate elsewhere and doesn't want to type it all out.  Not that I've used WCPro.  Maybe that did get added in the end.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 06:28:48 pm »
Look guys, I have been a member of this forum for a while.  Lets get into IT shall we.  WCP they want to progess to cloud, weve been in cloud for many years.  Our programmer was on the panel for Palm for many years.  Same as George, WCP took the route of software, we took the route of cloud. now WCP are moving to cloud aswell.  Which is a montlhy subscription.

YOU HAVE to understand that technology dosent stay in the same place, we move to servers, more accurate data, better protection etc, instant upgrades, instant information, no sync, no updates, no software.

I am finding it so diffiucult about you lot keep going on about apps.  Shall we go and find a person that can develop an app, that works on Iphone, android, etc etc. ]

Please understand what you are entering in, and please understand what developers do.

There is a huge difference between a web app and a native app.  When using a mobile device in a poor service area ie no 3G then the webpage will take longer to update than it would to clean the property.  So I think that cloud based solutions need to be complimented with their relevant iPhone android or other os apps, as these can at least store some data and therefor run at speed, and then sync with the cloud in the background.

The problem is that to develop for all these different platforms requires what I imagine is a lot of man power.

Simon.

p1w1

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2010, 06:31:21 pm »
Pw

I get it completely

As a software developer or a cloud developer, dont you think we get ask to to everything apart from cleaning the windows for you.  Its not a question of "can you do this, can you do that" Its costs for us developers IF YOU WANT CERTAIN THINGS go to a bespoke person, developers charge £50 pounds an hour, we WCP, Midas, George all try our best to fit in.  If you want a certain function IT COSTS MONEY

obviously you dont get the point if someone says they are going to add features to a program then they should do it dont tell people these things to get them to buy your program and then dont add them.

dave0123

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2010, 06:34:02 pm »
obviously you dont get the point if someone says they are going to add features to a program then they should do it dont tell people these things to get them to buy your program and then dont add them.

Exactly... its not hard to know its not working over the last 5 or 6 months? but still they battered on saying updates are coming

infact the last 2 years only 2 updates i think  ???
Dave.

kate1

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2010, 06:34:16 pm »
Simon were are browser based not app based we would be forever if were developing a programme for every phone

kate1

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2010, 06:49:17 pm »
So Ian gets asked as much as Acacia does, can it do this can it do that, but nobody wants to pay for it to do it?  Its hard on us too mate as developers.  It takes time its not cheap coding etc

Dave Anderson

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2010, 06:58:35 pm »
I can cope with WCP not being updated anymore, it's a pity but thats life...My concern is in the event that my pc crashed which it has done in the past...what then?

If WCP has become a non profitable business leg it makes sense to cut it off...but at least enable us to continue using this software without having to tied to a wcp server/database for a new install in the event of a pc crash, theft, ect, etc.

Ian or Brad I would be intrested in knowing what could be actioned to prevent one of us being dead in the water.

I like WCP it does what I want and it does it well.....I just would like to continue using it without the need for WCP to do something there end in the event that I need to re-build...this is not asking too much I believe.

Cheers
Dave.
The more I know the less I know I know ...