֍Winp®oClean֍

Alternative to Gardiner brushes
« on: September 05, 2023, 12:06:05 pm »
Right, had enough of buying utter rubbish from Gardiners now regarding brushes. Have zero confidence in them anymore!
Looking for a nice, soft, flocked brush that has good splay. Has anyone got any experience with the Xline range? Not bothered if it weighs a few grams more as long as it does what it says on the tin and lasts longer than 3 weeks!🙂
Comfortably Numb!

Bungle

Re: Alternative to Gardiner brushes
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 12:25:21 pm »
I had an X-Line sill brush. It was massive and heavy. I sold it. I used to like the original dual trim from Gardiners but they started to make them with fewer bristles. I like lots of bristles as it gives you confidence that all of the glass is getting a scrub. I'm finding the new brushes are splaying too much and leaving a gap in the middle when scrubbing.
We look at them, they look through them.

DJW

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 12:47:21 pm »
Supremes no good either?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 01:22:44 pm »
Supremes no good either?

Supreme is the only brush that works for me, trouble is, it lasts about 6 weeks! Just tried a Ultimate flocked described as 'medium-soft'- it's as stiff as a board! After 3 days the outer-edge brustles are already starting to wear 'inwards' like the Xtremes rendering it useless within a week for getting spiders nests out of corners! Such a shame as these brushes 'could' be made great with a little effort but now are just terrible! Paying top dollar for duch poor products is beginning to annoy me! I'm jumping ship to try and find something that actually works as it should!!
Comfortably Numb!

zesty

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 01:37:51 pm »
I’m defo not a fan of the new xtreme with the stiff outer bristles, they mis shape in a few days, end up bending inwards. It also makes absolutely no difference to the scrubbing power.

Wish they’d go back to the old taper tec with normal bristles on the outside edges.

DJW

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 02:37:03 pm »
I’ve been using Xtremes for years, particularly sill brushes. Useless for spiders nests in sash windows. Flocked wear out pretty fast but the mixed I’m using at the moment has been very good. Everything else is just too cumbersome for me.
I have a Dupont in the garage of one of Gardiners range, not got round to using it.

DJW

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 02:42:53 pm »

Must have had well over six months out of this one. Was a prototype originally. Still going strong.

DJW

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 03:20:26 pm »
I reckon you need an oval Vikan!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2023, 04:25:17 pm »
Supremes no good either?

Supreme is the only brush that works for me, trouble is, it lasts about 6 weeks! Just tried a Ultimate flocked described as 'medium-soft'- it's as stiff as a board! After 3 days the outer-edge brustles are already starting to wear 'inwards' like the Xtremes rendering it useless within a week for getting spiders nests out of corners! Such a shame as these brushes 'could' be made great with a little effort but now are just terrible! Paying top dollar for duch poor products is beginning to annoy me! I'm jumping ship to try and find something that actually works as it should!!

I love the Supremes too. But yes they don’t last very long. Can’t go back to a Superlite now. I find them too heavy & the stock often bowed.

All brushes are expensive for what they are imo but i know it’s all the tooling/manufacturing etc.

Bungle

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2023, 05:34:10 pm »
I have a very good friend who owned a brush making company (yard brushes, dustpan brushes....) I asked him if he'd be interested in making WFP brushes. He wasn't interested unfortunately.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2023, 05:38:55 pm »
Right, had enough of buying utter rubbish from Gardiners now regarding brushes. Have zero confidence in them anymore!
Looking for a nice, soft, flocked brush that has good splay. Has anyone got any experience with the Xline range? Not bothered if it weighs a few grams more as long as it does what it says on the tin and lasts longer than 3 weeks!🙂

I tried an x line sill brush DuPont bristles destroyed it in less than a morning with 50 degrees water , x line assured me it would be fine , phoned them up and complained they didn’t want to know , also they are very heavy , we use Gardiner stiff supreame brushes for everything on my everyday pole they last around 12 weeks or so , not good but I have had a lot worse .

DJW

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2023, 06:29:57 pm »
I did wonder if an Xtreme version of this brush might work.
I have one of these but trimmed the white end bristles back to the blue ones as they didn’t seem to work very well. The blue is very stiff and should flick nests out. Bit bulky for me as it is so only gets used on conny roofs.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2023, 06:51:00 pm »
The range is just terrible, there's not really any other way of saying it, just being honest. Gardiners made some awesome brushes- some of which I still own and they are far, far superior in every way to the current offerings. So frustrating to see them go so far backwards!!
I'm going to try a  bog standard Xline flocked, it really can't be worse than this Gardiners one!!
The best Xtremes and Ultimates were the original ones, by a long way!!
If any supplier/manufacturer out there, including Gardiners, are genuinely interested in input into making the best wfp brush in the world, please get in touch. I'm sure it can't be that hard.
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2023, 06:52:05 pm »
I reckon you need an oval Vikan!

😂😂😂
Probably better than this one!!😲
Comfortably Numb!

High-Tower

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2023, 06:52:56 pm »
I did wonder if an Xtreme version of this brush might work.
I have one of these but trimmed the white end bristles back to the blue ones as they didn’t seem to work very well. The blue is very stiff and should flick nests out. Bit bulky for me as it is so only gets used on conny roofs.

They don’t come with the stiff blue bristles any more. I always come back to a sill brush. I find the efficiency of them is worth the extra weight.

richard connett

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2023, 07:54:25 pm »
Have you tried the supreme DuPont tapertec hybrid? They are pretty soft but last ages . I’ve got 2 in the van that get used daily that are at least 8 months old .Not sure how you’re only getting a few weeks from a supreme.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2023, 08:09:35 pm »
Have you tried the supreme DuPont tapertec hybrid? They are pretty soft but last ages . I’ve got 2 in the van that get used daily that are at least 8 months old .Not sure how you’re only getting a few weeks from a supreme.

I've had 2 dupont supremes from Gardiners and both were completely different to each other. One, the bristles were approx 30% longer than normal and the other was anything but soft- meduim to hard I would class it.  You never quite know what you're gonna get at times, the descriptions and consistency are seriously lacking here!🤔
Comfortably Numb!

DJW

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2023, 08:13:55 pm »
I went over to Xline for a while but the brush I had although very good was basically a different colour Supalight. Too heavy for me so sold it on.

NBwcs

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2023, 09:01:00 pm »
I absolutely love the xline sill with rinse bar, not used the flocked so cant comment but its by far the best ive used. Sadly i think im going to have to stop using them as im having alot of problems rsi wise with my shoulder and now been told  i have  osteoarthritis in it too which is a bit concerning given i need to be working at least another ten years so im using just supremes at the moment as much lighter. I do like the supremes but they're not a patch on the xline brushes imo, its just the weight issue.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2023, 09:11:36 pm »
I absolutely love the xline sill with rinse bar, not used the flocked so cant comment but its by far the best ive used. Sadly i think im going to have to stop using them as im having alot of problems rsi wise with my shoulder and now been told  i have  osteoarthritis in it too which is a bit concerning given i need to be working at least another ten years so im using just supremes at the moment as much lighter. I do like the supremes but they're not a patch on the xline brushes imo, its just the weight issue.

The sill brush looks huge and heavy. Personally, I have no requirement for a sill brush, I use a swivel and can do the sill with any brush. I wish someone would develop 'oval' brushes more. There used to be a guy on here that made them, Tecbuk I think they were called. I now kick myself for not buying them,  on reflection they were probably the best out there!
Comfortably Numb!

Bungle

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2023, 09:23:04 pm »

The sill brush looks huge and heavy. Personally, I have no requirement for a sill brush, I use a swivel and can do the sill with any brush. I wish someone would develop 'oval' brushes more. There used to be a guy on here that made them, Tecbuk I think they were called. I now kick myself for not buying them,  on reflection they were probably the best out there!

His name was Peter? Spruce will tell you who he was. He didn't take criticism very well at all 😂 but he was passionate about his brushes, I'll give him that.

DJW

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2023, 09:36:57 pm »
I think he made boars hair brushes. Bit of a pig apparently.
Pretty sure Gardiners produced some too for a while.

Viscount

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2023, 09:41:19 pm »
The kinda thread where reach-it radials get mentioned. They're a very different offering and the bristles themselves can be changed when they wear, so the brush could last years and years.

Heavy, but rinse on the glass, so...

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2023, 10:17:18 pm »

His name was Peter? Spruce will tell you who he was. He didn't take criticism very well at all 😂 but he was passionate about his brushes, I'll give him that.

I was thinking 'Richard'🤔
Comfortably Numb!

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2023, 12:30:32 am »
Fantastic Brushes - I had several they worked really well - bit smaller than the gardiners brush - so people constantly slagged them off - yes he couldn't take the heat of this forum

All my guys now have an x-line sill with rinse bar - much better coverage and scrub - mind you they all now have  CLX poles so they do bend a bit  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2023, 07:09:54 am »
For me the stiff supreme brush is a good brush,scrubs well and good for getting spider eggs out of the corners of frames and lasts me at least 6 months before replacing.its excellent with very hot water too.great for first cleans,larger properties and less frequent jobs.

I also use  xtreme stiff brushes for some awkward work or if I just want an easier working day.not great but they get the job done and usually ready for the bin within 2 months.

Personally I think it's ridiculous to use anything heavier than a supreme brush for any WFP work.no wonder some of you have RSI....shoulder problems,etc.

If you want to last in this game you need to wise up and reduce hours,use lighter poles and brushes and do
some resistance training in the gym on a regular basis.
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2023, 07:11:17 am »

I miss those in personation games he played, but he eventually got caught out.

I purchased one of those Aerial brushes. It was heavy. When I complained about the weight, he had a hissy fit and told me my scale was wrong. The weight on his scale for the same brush was much less than mine, so I was wrong.
His scales showed a weight similar to a Gardiner brush I had in stock. Just comparing the Aerial brush in one hand against the Gardiner in the other, his DIY brush was noticeably heavier.

He was very rude.
He came across as a well-balanced person, a man with a chip on each shoulder. He didn't take criticism well, as you said.

I tried to work with that brush and get used to the weight, but it lasted until lunchtime. I gave it to son-in-law to use, and he took it off after the first house. Told me to keep it! ;D

I did wonder what happened to him. His business was in Leicester, if memory serves me, so he would have been a window cleaner in that area (if he ever was a window cleaner.)

He ended up deleting every one of his posts he could find. The remnants on here are the ones he couldn't delete from when his posts were quoted by other posters.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

zesty

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2023, 07:19:28 am »
For me the stiff supreme brush is a good brush,scrubs well and good for getting spider eggs out of the corners of frames and lasts me at least 6 months before replacing.its excellent with very hot water too.great for first cleans,larger properties and less frequent jobs.

I also use  xtreme stiff brushes for some awkward work or if I just want an easier working day.not great but they get the job done and usually ready for the bin within 2 months.

Personally I think it's ridiculous to use anything heavier than a supreme brush for any WFP work.no wonder some of you have RSI....shoulder problems,etc.

If you want to last in this game you need to wise up and reduce hours,use lighter poles and brushes and do
some resistance training in the gym on a regular basis.

I never use anything other than xtreme brushes, I don’t see any benefit in heavier brushes. In fact I could clean with even less bristles, as regular work isn’t that dirty.

james peters

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2023, 07:33:34 am »

hi Richard... after trying out many...... this is now the brush we use.  Mine has lasted 6 months at least so far.
I like the extra splay length which is good for fascias and gutters, and even though it isnt a sill brush the longer splay covers upstairs sills .
great brush

Jonny 87

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2023, 08:34:29 am »
Gardiner supreme stiff brush for me. It’s the best I’ve found from any supplier.

Tecbuk used to be a favourite supplier but he stopped making them.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2023, 02:01:35 pm »

I've had 2 dupont supremes from Gardiners and both were completely different to each other. One, the bristles were approx 30% longer than normal and the other was anything but soft- meduim to hard I would class it.  You never quite know what you're gonna get at times, the descriptions and consistency are seriously lacking here!🤔

I'm now wondering if the second one I tried was a stiff and not dipont🤔 it was anything but soft! The first dupont I got  was definitely a ringer- the bristles were so long they bent under their own weight, even when dry!! This was my first supreme so didn't know any different. Subsequent flocked ones were a shorter bristle length.
Comfortably Numb!

Bungle

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2023, 06:01:24 pm »

That's him. I knew it was a nerdy kind of name.

Bungle

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2023, 06:06:18 pm »

I miss those in personation games he played, but he eventually got caught out.

I purchased one of those Aerial brushes. It was heavy. When I complained about the weight, he had a hissy fit and told me my scale was wrong. The weight on his scale for the same brush was much less than mine, so I was wrong.
His scales showed a weight similar to a Gardiner brush I had in stock. Just comparing the Aerial brush in one hand against the Gardiner in the other, his DIY brush was noticeably heavier.

He was very rude.
He came across as a well-balanced person, a man with a chip on each shoulder. He didn't take criticism well, as you said.

I tried to work with that brush and get used to the weight, but it lasted until lunchtime. I gave it to son-in-law to use, and he took it off after the first house. Told me to keep it! ;D

I did wonder what happened to him. His business was in Leicester, if memory serves me, so he would have been a window cleaner in that area (if he ever was a window cleaner.)

He ended up deleting every one of his posts he could find. The remnants on here are the ones he couldn't delete from when his posts were quoted by other posters.

I called him out on weight too. He told me my scales were wrong as well. I think he used to make his brushes in the scout hut  :D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2023, 08:52:35 am »
Yep, that stock was pretty brutal! Replace that stock with a Supreme stock and bingo!!!👌
Comfortably Numb!

Richy essex

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2023, 11:05:48 am »
Dazmond

Can I use the stiff supreme for cold water ?

Or should I stick with the soft im also trying to decide what brush to use ive dug my old supreme out and quite like it

Splash & dash

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2023, 05:07:33 pm »
Dazmond

Can I use the stiff supreme for cold water ?

Or should I stick with the soft im also trying to decide what brush to use ive dug my old supreme out and quite like it

You can use the stiff with cold water but a medium would probably be better

the king

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2023, 09:32:41 pm »
i get 6 months + out of my ultmate flocked brushes with hot water till they get worn but still use them till i kill them i like to get my moneys worth though  ;Di liked the supreme stiff but the bristles have splayed out a lot making it a pain to use i think if the bristles were shorter it be bang on  and last a lot longer  the the tecbuk length  was perfect shame richard was a prat and diden't listen

jonny thompson

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2023, 07:44:55 am »
Unfortunately there is much, just bought a Xline brush but have already gone back to ultimate

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2023, 10:15:54 am »
Unfortunately there is much, just bought a Xline brush but have already gone back to ultimate

I've just received an Xline flocked so will see how I get on with it this week. 🤔
Comfortably Numb!

jonny thompson

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2023, 11:49:56 am »
I’ve got the mono with built in rinse bar , open to offers

the king

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2023, 08:11:14 pm »
my xline stiff just splayd out in a very short time the bristles were not that stiff brush was heavy the flocked was much better but jets were wonky from day one and again heavy  the best brush for me was the ultmate stiff no longer in production

colin bird

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2023, 08:20:44 pm »
Thought Alex g  might have wanted to have some input on the comments being made on his brushes ! But  he hasn't so I'm assuming he's moved on from here and feels his work is done with us guys

Smudger

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2023, 10:21:46 pm »
Thought Alex g  might have wanted to have some input on the comments being made on his brushes ! But  he hasn't so I'm assuming he's moved on from here and feels his work is done with us guys

Absolutely - I doubt the half dozen posters on here would have any influence on his business
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2023, 11:31:00 pm »

Absolutely - I doubt the half dozen posters on here would have any influence on his business

Which is a shame, those half dozen posters could potentially provide experienced information that would considerably improve some products! More probable though is the fact that they sell 'as they are' is good enough. Stagnation is bad enough, but to go backwards is even worse. A few tweaks is all that's required really too. I personally think Gardiners have tried to cater for way too many preferences but sadly ended up losing their best brushes and keeping the worst!🤔 Instead of haveing two or three superb 'everyday' brushes that cover everything and everyone, they now have too many that may have one good attribute but to the detriment of every other! To be fair though, nobody else seems to be developing brushes any further either. We, as consumers are being sold short IMO!
Comfortably Numb!

DJW

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2023, 06:46:09 am »
I wouldn’t worry, Alex doesn’t miss much.
Gardiners have a massive range and have tried many bristle variations. The competition isn’t any better it would seem. There’s only so much you can do with a humble brush after all.
More bristles equals more weight whilst hot water brings it’s own problems.
I like flocked brushes but they wear down very fast. Dupont were supposed to be the bees knees but they seem no better than anything else. Boars hair seem to go matted. Everything else simply goes out of shape. Seems an Autumn brush is required just to combat the spiders and an anti snail trail brush for wet weather 😅

Viscount

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2023, 07:09:00 am »
I've been using an x-line Dupont sill brush with a rinse bar. It cleans really well apart from corners! I've had to roll the brush and now the bristles on the top corners are wearing down making it even harder to use.

Went back to Gardener super light, but it feels like there's no cleaning power after the X-line, so I went back in spite of the weight and worn bristles.

I've ordered a Reach-it Radial, the full sized one and it arrives tomorrow. Not going to be a YouTuber, but I'll make a video review of it. Most of the UK cleaners have reviewed the Lite version which doesn't have very long bristles, so I opted for the full version. I'm just in search of the perfect brush.

Back in the day, the Tucker brush was the best, but it's only Dupont bristles which are wearing down on my X-line, so why bother?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2023, 09:05:38 am »

Morning Colin (and all other posters)

I have read every single one of these posts as they have been posted and have my thoughts on many of them   :)
So, I have not moved on!

These days I try and keep my posts to a minimum as I do not want to appear to be ‘steering’ or ‘directing’ commentary or to get in way of free opinions (both good and bad).

I have learned that just because a vociferous poster has a strong opinion does not always mean it matches my opinion/experience or the majority of our client base - however they still have a right to their opinion and do not need a 'manufacturer' telling them they are wrong!

Brushes are such a personal experience and for every person that hates a brush another will attest it is their favourite and ‘go to’ brush. So when a strong negative (or positive) is expressed my job is to then weigh that against other comments received from customers on the same brushes and assess the overall response to a product – exactly as I have done with some of the posts in this thread.

I have in the past listened too much to one or two ‘knowledgeable posters’ and brought out brush variants that were commercially not viable as so few people bought them. I have learned lessons as to whom or what to listen to.
I have also had to change some brushes and bristles over the years as certain types of material have become unavailable with the changing chemicals market – this is frustrating when you have a favourite bristle density or feel. However, this is out of our control and we just have to work around this.

I do review feedback though at all times and many customers communicate directly with us – when their feedback matches my thinking and private testing then I will often make some tweaks and still have about 10-20 clients who actively test brushes for us.

I also still maintain a large window cleaning company and clean windows myself. This means I am well placed to have real world experience with which of our brushes works best for which type of work. Doesn’t mean we know everything, but it does mean we still have access to a large amount of on-glass current experience.

If I had unlimited warehouse space, then I probably would sell at least another 10-12 variants of our brushes – which may please a few more potential or past customers. However overall, it would probably not increase our brush sale levels so it is not worth getting more warehouse space just for this. It would also reduce profitability as we would be manufacturing more types in smaller quantities which would increase unit production costs. Production costs have been under a lot of inflationary pressures in the last two years – we have managed to shield the end buyer from most of this, but increasing variants would not help.

The other reason I do not post too often is that once I start typing I do not know when to stop and it results in a very long post such as this one!

Hope everyone has a good day out on the glass - although down here in Cornwall it is very wet and miserable  :(

AuRavelling79

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2023, 09:15:51 am »
Hi Alex, thanks for your input. Raining and miserable here in Bristol too.

A brush of yours I really like as it works fine, is the one with yellow bristles and red stock. Seems to last forever.

I'd love one with a tuft of hard bristles in each top corner to get those pesky spiders' nests out of deep corners.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Den68

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2023, 09:22:31 am »
Hello Alex,
Many thanks for the complete explanation I have one small question are you planning the blue nylon brush in an extreme sill version?
Have used your extreme brushes which I find all good  since testing the extreme DuPont and extreme medium sill brushes a few years ago for you.
Thanks
Den.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2023, 09:23:55 am »

A brush of yours I really like as it works fine, is the one with yellow bristles and red stock. Seems to last forever.

I'd love one with a tuft of hard bristles in each top corner to get those pesky spiders' nests out of deep corners.  ;D

Glad we're not alone!

Corner bristles are a 'tweak' area that we have been looking at recently, now that our brush manufacturing machines can cope with three bristle types in one brush (not possible just a few years ago). Thanks for the specific feedback.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2023, 09:25:04 am »
Hello Alex,
Many thanks for the complete explanation I have one small question are you planning the blue nylon brush in an extreme sill version?
Have used your extreme brushes which I find all good  since testing the extreme DuPont and extreme medium sill brushes a few years ago for you.
Thanks
Den.

Hi Den

Not at this time - this is an area where we could easily expand the range, but logistically it becomes difficult for us.

robbo333

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2023, 09:41:55 am »
I rented a van for a week (whilst mine was being welded) and I swapped the systems over.
Out of the 10 or so brushes I use, I decided to just keep 2 in the van to make it easy: Gardiners xtreme medium sill brush and an old Gardiners flocked supreme; these covered everything. Having refitted my own van, I still really only use these two brushes for 99 percent of my work. Having said that the Xline brush with the rinse bar is very good, not just at rinsing, but also getting into deep corners and for windows with deep profiles.
For annoying, hard to get to spiders nests in deep corners I made a tool. (I was bored!) I cut down and old brush really small and screwed two, 6 inch screws into it at an angle, so I just offer it up to the corner and use the long screw threads to carefully pull or scrape out the nest.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

AuRavelling79

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2023, 09:44:47 am »

Glad were not alone!

Corner bristles are a 'tweak' area that we have been looking at recently, now that our brush manufacturing machines can cope with three bristle types in one brush (not possible just a few years ago). Thank for the specific feedback.

Put my name on 'ze lizt' for when they come out.  Or pre-production testing!
It's a game of three halves!

Den68

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2023, 11:17:19 am »
Hello Alex,
Thanks
Den.

Hi Den

Not at this time - this is an area where we could easily expand the range, but logistically it becomes difficult for us.
Many thanks for the speedy answer 👍

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2023, 01:23:14 pm »
Well, the competition hasn't moved on either and are equally lacking! These rectangular brushes have insufficient side splay which (unless you squeeze the life out of it) results in the side bristles collapsing inwards when moving side to side on the glass. This results in the corner bristle clumps wearing 'inwards' instead of outwardly. This then results in the brush becoming worn/inefficient much earlier then a brush that wears outwardly.  It also (obviously) makes it much, much harder to get into corners- particularly on sash windows as the stock hits the side walls restricting an already restricted bristle spread! It's basic stuff and you may well think you are using a great brush but that brush is only grest because it's the greatest that you have used to that point- it's most probably not a great brush.
The Xline suffers the same issues as the Ultimate, it's not a bristle issue but more a design issue. After all, I've only been using wfp brushes 5 days a week for 20 years!!😁
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2023, 01:51:55 pm »
I also tested a brush for Gardiners about 8/9 years ago that has stiffer corner bristle clumps- it had very little to no affect. It may yield better results ifvthe angle of the clumps were altered too.
Comfortably Numb!

jonny thompson

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2023, 04:00:08 pm »
My favourite brush by far is the blue nylon ultimate, can’t see me using any thing else atm

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2023, 04:09:17 pm »
My favourite brush by far is the blue nylon ultimate, can’t see me using any thing else atm

How 'soft' is that one Jonny? I'd like to know which is the softest Ultimate brush? I'd like a similar tension to a flocked Supreme. I'd also like 5mm longer bristles,  stock corners rounded off and more side splay.... but that's not for now.😁
Comfortably Numb!

colin bird

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2023, 04:33:51 pm »

Morning Colin (and all other posters)

I have read every single one of these posts as they have been posted and have my thoughts on many of them   :)
So, I have not moved on!

These days I try and keep my posts to a minimum as I do not want to appear to be ‘steering’ or ‘directing’ commentary or to get in way of free opinions (both good and bad).

I have learned that just because a vociferous poster has a strong opinion does not always mean it matches my opinion/experience or the majority of our client base - however they still have a right to their opinion and do not need a 'manufacturer' telling them they are wrong!

Brushes are such a personal experience and for every person that hates a brush another will attest it is their favourite and ‘go to’ brush. So when a strong negative (or positive) is expressed my job is to then weigh that against other comments received from customers on the same brushes and assess the overall response to a product – exactly as I have done with some of the posts in this thread.

I have in the past listened too much to one or two ‘knowledgeable posters’ and brought out brush variants that were commercially not viable as so few people bought them. I have learned lessons as to whom or what to listen to.
I have also had to change some brushes and bristles over the years as certain types of material have become unavailable with the changing chemicals market – this is frustrating when you have a favourite bristle density or feel. However, this is out of our control and we just have to work around this.

I do review feedback though at all times and many customers communicate directly with us – when their feedback matches my thinking and private testing then I will often make some tweaks and still have about 10-20 clients who actively test brushes for us.

I also still maintain a large window cleaning company and clean windows myself. This means I am well placed to have real world experience with which of our brushes works best for which type of work. Doesn’t mean we know everything, but it does mean we still have access to a large amount of on-glass current experience.

If I had unlimited warehouse space, then I probably would sell at least another 10-12 variants of our brushes – which may please a few more potential or past customers. However overall, it would probably not increase our brush sale levels so it is not worth getting more warehouse space just for this. It would also reduce profitability as we would be manufacturing more types in smaller quantities which would increase unit production costs. Production costs have been under a lot of inflationary pressures in the last two years – we have managed to shield the end buyer from most of this, but increasing variants would not help.

The other reason I do not post too often is that once I start typing I do not know when to stop and it results in a very long post such as this one!

Hope everyone has a good day out on the glass - although down here in Cornwall it is very wet and miserable  :(

hi alex many thanks for your reply its much appreciated and  my intention was not to have a dig at you.
i also feel the same about some of the replys to posts on here.
i always try and give a constructive reply to posts,and feel i have something to offer having gained fifteen years of expereince,not saying in know it all its just my experiences that i have  gained,and feel it would be helpful to to the new guys as previous posts were a lot of help to me and guided me in the right direction.
theres alway someone out there that wants to riducule you for what you have posted,and in my opinion that is the reason why this forum is not the place it used to be and will probably die because of that.
thats just my opinion,onwards and upwards

Bungle

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2023, 05:15:37 pm »

How 'soft' is that one Jonny? I'd like to know which is the softest Ultimate brush? I'd like a similar tension to a flocked Supreme. I'd also like 5mm longer bristles,  stock corners rounded off and more side splay.... but that's not for now.😁

I've got one. It's on my pole now. I do find that the splay is too much. It splays and leaves a gap in the middle of the brush when you're scrubbing. I'd like the old dual trim super lite to be brought back. I don't mind a bit more weight as long as I know the bristles are covering the whole area I'm scrubbing.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2023, 05:40:55 pm »

I've got one. It's on my pole now. I do find that the splay is too much. It splays and leaves a gap in the middle of the brush when you're scrubbing. I'd like the old dual trim super lite to be brought back. I don't mind a bit more weight as long as I know the bristles are covering the whole area I'm scrubbing.

I think the Ultimate flocked would work much better if it was dual trim- I can't understand why it's not already. It would work even better with 5mm extra on the bristles and more end splay..... but can't see it happening!🙂
Comfortably Numb!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2023, 06:58:27 pm »
Put my name on 'ze lizt' for when they come out.  Or pre-production testing!

:)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2023, 07:00:49 pm »

hi alex many thanks for your reply its much appreciated and  my intention was not to have a dig at you.
i also feel the same about some of the replys to posts on here.
i always try and give a constructive reply to posts,and feel i have something to offer having gained fifteen years of expereince,not saying in know it all its just my experiences that i have  gained,and feel it would be helpful to to the new guys as previous posts were a lot of help to me and guided me in the right direction.
theres alway someone out there that wants to riducule you for what you have posted,and in my opinion that is the reason why this forum is not the place it used to be and will probably die because of that.
thats just my opinion,onwards and upwards

Hi Colin

I did not think you were having a dig, but I thought your comment was a good point for me to chip in :) it has been a  while since I had a posting session!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2023, 07:07:55 pm »

I think the Ultimate flocked would work much better if it was dual trim- I can't understand why it's not already. It would work even better with 5mm extra on the bristles and more end splay..... but can't see it happening!🙂

That brush then sounds a lot like the Super-Lite Flocked  :)

I do have another brush range which we do not sell in the UK - designed for the European and US market. It is slightly denser on bristles, bristle length between the Ultimate/Superlite, definite dual trim and a fraction heavier. I think it is a great brush, but currently do not really have space for it in the range.

Sounds like it might hit the spot for some. I will see if a limited production run for the UK would be feasible.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2023, 07:27:20 pm »

That brush then sounds a lot like the Super-Lite Flocked  :)

I do have another brush range which we do not sell in the UK - designed for the European and US market. It is slightly denser on bristles, bristle length between the Ultimate/Superlite, definite dual trim and a fraction heavier. I think it is a great brush, but currently do not really have space for it in the range.

Sounds like it might hit the spot for some. I will see if a limited production run for the UK would be feasible.

Is there any particular reason why a brush is made to a different spec' for another country Alex? Purely curiosity. 🙂
Comfortably Numb!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2023, 07:31:15 pm »
Is there any particular reason why a brush is made to a different spec' for another country Alex? Purely curiosity. 🙂

Other countries do not always prioritize low-weight as much as the UK does - also these are better suited to six-monthly or yearly clean frequencies.

However more often than not a product developed for another market ends up finding its way into the rest of the world - I just have to make space for it logistically.

zesty

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2023, 07:36:28 pm »
As Alex has said, it’s such a personal thing.

I have never, ever, needed anymore than an xtreme brush. I just Simply do not understand why people need anything more.

That’s how it is, we all have a certain brush that works for us.

the king

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2023, 07:55:17 pm »
I like the idea of the reach it brush with them pads in middle bronz wool ect but the 18 inch one is 600g and no pencil jet option if they could get the 14inch one down to max 200g idel for me would be 170 g with pencil jet option I would think that would be a fantastic brush

Viscount

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2023, 08:44:13 pm »
I like the idea of the reach it brush with them pads in middle bronz wool ect but the 18 inch one is 600g and no pencil jet option if they could get the 14inch one down to max 200g idel for me would be 170 g with pencil jet option I would think that would be a fantastic brush

Just drill two holes and put in two pencil jets... Then attach the hose to them rather than the rinse bar.... The light version is about 170g I think with non-scratch scrub pads.

I'm getting the normal radial version tomorrow. Will do a full review after a week with it.

Smudger

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2023, 10:31:01 pm »
It would be nice to see reviews and discussions on the reach it brushes - unfortunately as soon as they are mentioned the resident troll comes trip tracing along to hijack the thread  moaning about the time he brought a reach it BOAB  ::)roll

look forward to the review

the king

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2023, 08:22:39 am »
The trouble with the 170g one is no pad in centre looks a good brush tho I get lot of bee pollen on glass in a lot of areas so them pads look like a fantastic solution

windowswashed

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2023, 09:05:15 pm »
I have used many ranges of brushes, starting with the original Tucker brushes, Unger, Gardiner brushes, Ova and there are many pros and cons to all of them.

My favourite choice is the Reach-It brushes for a couple reasons. It's not because of the weight as they are heavier in general. The main reason is because the bristles retain their shape very well and don't fall out for example catching on the hinges and plastic trims on UPVC windows.  The most important reason I use their brushes is because I can use a greater flow of water which produces a higher amount of water along the top of the bristles which are so compact that it acts like a blade preventing the water from running between the bristles and also runs around the outside edge of the curvature of bristles which makes a massive difference to the water sheeting on the glass as it cascades down the panes, so even hydrophobic glass is much easier to clean without spotting after drying.  I prefer to use their lightest brushes with inside bristles or pads for maintenance cleans and their longer, heavier brushes which have longer bristles for initial first cleans which are best for cleaning the frames however dirty.

Gardiner range of brushes were always my go back to brush in the past, but, ever since Reach-it got their brushes near perfect I have remained with Reach-it as they have suited me perfectly.

I wish Alex the best of luck with his business and long may he continue to provide a reliable service for others.

Viscount

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2023, 09:48:28 pm »
So my 14 inch standard Reach-it Radial arrived tonight. I will do a video review. First impressions: the box and packaging and tools and brush seem fantastic. Like absolutely what I would expect for the flipping price, I might put the box on display it's so nice.

All the bristles are on metal runners which slide in and are all replaceable so it could last for years. Well, either through lack of use because it's naff or because there are so many spare parts. 

I stuck it on my SLX - there will be next to no gooseneck the way it connects, so at some point I'll need to sort that out. It was pretty much dark so I tried one window. I had the pump on 80.  Seemed to be amazing tbh. Super low friction, but the inner bristles are seriously stiff, the water cascades -normally with the pump on 80 water blasts out like a pressure washer, but not through this and it follows the brush as you go around the window.

Anyway, I'll give it a week before a full review see how I get on with it on an actual week's work. Cost an arm and a leg after VAT and delivery.

Oh, and I picked standard 10-14 day delivery and ordered it on Sunday evening. So it took only 4 days to get here from China.

windowswashed

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2023, 10:43:02 pm »
So my 14 inch standard Reach-it Radial arrived tonight. I will do a video review. First impressions: the box and packaging and tools and brush seem fantastic. Like absolutely what I would expect for the flipping price, I might put the box on display it's so nice.

All the bristles are on metal runners which slide in and are all replaceable so it could last for years. Well, either through lack of use because it's naff or because there are so many spare parts. 

I stuck it on my SLX - there will be next to no gooseneck the way it connects, so at some point I'll need to sort that out. It was pretty much dark so I tried one window. I had the pump on 80.  Seemed to be amazing tbh. Super low friction, but the inner bristles are seriously stiff, the water cascades -normally with the pump on 80 water blasts out like a pressure washer, but not through this and it follows the brush as you go around the window.

Anyway, I'll give it a week before a full review see how I get on with it on an actual week's work. Cost an arm and a leg after VAT and delivery.

Oh, and I picked standard 10-14 day delivery and ordered it on Sunday evening. So it took only 4 days to get here from China.

If you get the chance, change your pole hose to 8mm internal and 10mm external to benefit using the new brush in the way you would using a squeegie or using radials technique or a combination of both and you'll soon find easier ways to clean windows with the extra flow of water increase.
Best using low flow rinse bar here in the Uk as there are two versions of rinse bars, high and low.

Viscount

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2023, 07:24:20 am »

If you get the chance, change your pole hose to 8mm internal and 10mm external to benefit using the new brush in the way you would using a squeegie or using radials technique or a combination of both and you'll soon find easier ways to clean windows with the extra flow of water increase.
Best using low flow rinse bar here in the Uk as there are two versions of rinse bars, high and low.

I was told the low flow bar doesn't fit the standard Radial? Maybe it does, I'll see how I get on with it before spending any more money on it. There seemed to be plenty of water coming out of it with my 8mm hose, but again, I'll see how I get on with it.

trevor povey

« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2023, 04:07:03 am »
The range is just terrible, there's not really any other way of saying it, just being honest. Gardiners made some awesome brushes- some of which I still own and they are far, far superior in every way to the current offerings. So frustrating to see them go so far backwards!!
I'm going to try a  bog standard Xline flocked, it really can't be worse than this Gardiners one!!
The best Xtremes and Ultimates were the original ones, by a long way!!
If any supplier/manufacturer out there, including Gardiners, are genuinely interested in input into making the best wfp brush in the world, please get in touch. I'm sure it can't be that hard.
Put a review on his Web page about the extreme brush I did and he's asking fir some feedback fir future manufacture ..more bristles possibly a tad harder and stock a bit more harder wearing and we've had a great brush

dazmond

« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2023, 08:17:08 am »
The new xtreme stiff brushes have different material bristles on the edges of the brush.they are also softer than before which makes them splay out too much with hot water after a few days of use....not impressed.....the bristles need to be stiffer unless gardiners have sent me the wrong ones??

The best brush for hot water is still the stiff supreme IMO.

I'd try a reach it brush but I just know it's going to be too heavy.anything over 220g is just no good for me....
price higher/work harder!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2023, 07:35:12 pm »
The new xtreme stiff brushes have different material bristles on the edges of the brush.they are also softer than before which makes them splay out too much with hot water after a few days of use....not impressed.....the bristles need to be stiffer unless gardiners have sent me the wrong ones??

The best brush for hot water is still the stiff supreme IMO.

I'd try a reach it brush but I just know it's going to be too heavy.anything over 220g is just no good for me....

The reach-it brushes look hideous! I just can't see how they can be used on domestic windows with any reasonable outcome from what I've seen.

A good brush is a good brush, it's that simple. You don't need different brushes for different parts of the world. You could have maybe, three brushes that would suit almost everything and almost everybody imo!
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2023, 07:40:06 pm »
After a week of using both, the Ultimate is already beginning to curl on the edges but the Xline has Zero wear- none!
Fair comparison? You could argue not as the Xline is heavier but their bristles are superior, no doubt!
The Ultimate could definitely be improved imo but I would REALLY like to see more development with oval stocks- like the Supreme!!🙂👍
Comfortably Numb!

DJW

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2023, 08:16:40 pm »
Here’s one I prepared earlier.

the king

« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2023, 08:38:31 pm »
i had a vikan just like that one above was fantastic brush flocked hard wering but heavy

Viscount

« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2023, 09:07:52 pm »
I have used the Reach-it Radial standard for 2 weeks now. I will record a review at the weekend.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2023, 09:50:40 pm »
I have used the Reach-it Radial standard for 2 weeks now. I will record a review at the weekend.

Please do, I'm struggling to actually take them seriously- both in design and price!🤔🤔
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2023, 06:59:55 pm »

Any update??
Comfortably Numb!

Viscount

« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2023, 08:21:02 pm »
Ok, I didn't get around to filming it yet. Quick summary: Blinking brilliant. Saves me about an hour a day and paid for itself really quickly.

Obviously this is MY experience and any effect on speed etc are on my speed and related to my technique.

But yeah, the bristles are the limit of what are long enough - the light versions wouldn't stand a chance on a chunky uPVC window or an external hinge on a door, but this is fine. Biggest change physically is all the weight gone from my forearm due to not rinsing off, it's not a light brush at all, but totally, massively reduced the physical exertion.

I wouldn't recommend it - if you don't like it then you've bought yourself a £270 spare brush. But I don't not recommend it either. Totally cuts the rinse phase from cleaning.
Brilliant at corners with spider-webs. Crap on corners on first cleans (I'll explain in video why).
Uses tons of water - don't moan Reach-it are open about it.
Cleans amazingly.
No better on insect poo/pollen.
Fiddly on sills.
DO NOT use on leaded windows.

I couldn't go back. Makes my x-line and Gardiner brushes seem like cheapo amateur efforts.

Just my opinions. You might buy one and hate it.

Took a couple of days to get into the swing of it, so just having a go on one wouldn't really work.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2023, 08:45:49 pm »
Ok, I didn't get around to filming it yet. Quick summary: Blinking brilliant. Saves me about an hour a day and paid for itself really quickly.

Obviously this is MY experience and any effect on speed etc are on my speed and related to my technique.

But yeah, the bristles are the limit of what are long enough - the light versions wouldn't stand a chance on a chunky uPVC window or an external hinge on a door, but this is fine. Biggest change physically is all the weight gone from my forearm due to not rinsing off, it's not a light brush at all, but totally, massively reduced the physical exertion.

I wouldn't recommend it - if you don't like it then you've bought yourself a £270 spare brush. But I don't not recommend it either. Totally cuts the rinse phase from cleaning.
Brilliant at corners with spider-webs. Crap on corners on first cleans (I'll explain in video why).
Uses tons of water - don't moan Reach-it are open about it.
Cleans amazingly.
No better on insect poo/pollen.
Fiddly on sills.
DO NOT use on leaded windows.

I couldn't go back. Makes my x-line and Gardiner brushes seem like cheapo amateur efforts.

Just my opinions. You might buy one and hate it.

Took a couple of days to get into the swing of it, so just having a go on one wouldn't really work.

Thanks for the update but.... wow, that's a really confusing and contradictory post!!🤔😁.
You recommend but you don't? It's great but also rubbish?
Anyhow, I see some of your points- weight isn't always a negative, a slightly heavier brush, with better splay and cleaning ability can actually be quicker and easier to use than a toothbrush. I'm failing to make sense of anything else though!🤔
Comfortably Numb!

Viscount

« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2023, 09:01:03 pm »
Well, there are so many tastes - some people like fan jets, some hate them, some like rinse bars, some hate them.

How can I recommend something I love when it costs so much more and could end up a very expensive spare brush? All I'm saying is I love it and wouldn't go back to a 'normal' brush.

Not good in corners on a first clean (when they're proper mucky) is because the really aggressive bristles don't reach that far and the outer bristles are only good on standard dirt levels.

If you want a recommendation from my experience and how I found it and assuming you have at least 650 litres to work with then here it is: Buy it now and stop messing around with cheapo Gardiners/X-line rubbish. It paid for itself in a week easily.

My opinion based on my experience. Nothing more. Feel free to hate it and like 4 pencil jets or whatever.

Previous brushes I have used: Tucker brush (full Dupont), X-line sill brush (Dupont with rinse bar), Brodex, old time Gaz brush circa 2007 from this forum, ionics, Gardiner super light with pencils, fans, and tried their rinse bar. After a week of the Radial, it all feels like cheap crap. Not being condescending to it all, but that's how it feels.

Like, the Gardiner rinse bar which bolts on top of the brush, it juts out and catches the brickwork, it's made of soft plastic and the holes then close up or start spraying the wrong way. With the Radial, the rinse bar is integrated and tucked away so it doesn't catch. It's made of a strong plastic, if it does block they actually provide you a long pin thing on a dongle thing to use to unblock it.

Everything has just been thought through and engineered properly. Plus, it will be like Trigger's broom. Every part is replaceable, bristles, jets, the works. Could last years if they keep supporting it.

Smudger

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2023, 09:44:28 am »
Agree with win pro —a confusing review

It’s not about what you think others may or may not like - how does it perform

How good is the rinse ?
You say the bristles are too short - I thought you could change these ?

Etc etc

NBwcs

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2023, 11:33:21 am »
You say it's saving you an hour a day!!!, mainly because of rinsing on not off is that a correct interpretation? If so whats the difference between rinsing on with this and say several other cheaper brushes which say they allow you to rinse on? Genuine question, no hidden agenda, anything that saves an hour a day has to be investigated  properly even if it is an eye watering price.

Stoots

« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2023, 11:40:04 am »
Don't have to buy one to know its a complete waste of money. I think it sounds like you are struggling to justify it  ;D

You can rinse on with any brush a rinse bar doesn't  change anything.

Smudger

« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2023, 11:46:04 am »
My guys are loving the x-line sill with rinse bar

production is up but more importantly so is quality - only one query on quality in the last 6 weeks

Darran

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2023, 12:29:57 pm »
My guys are loving the x-line sill with rinse bar

production is up but more importantly so is quality - only one query on quality in the last 6 weeks

Darran

I'm using the Xline flocked ( not sill). Initially, I thought I wasn't going to like it, it seemed a bit heavy and bulky. But, I gave it a chance and allowed it to 'break in' along with a new flicked Ultimate. I'm now barely using the Ultimate at all, I'm just constantly drawn to the ease in which this brush cleans! The longer  bristles ger into corners much better and it just feels lovely on the glass. Yes  it's heavier than the Ultimate but it's actually more efficient in use. The Xline bristles are also FAR, FAR superior to Gardiners- there is zero wear on the Xline bristles and it's had some proper hammer. The Gardiners are already curling with less and lighter use.🤔 Gardiners close-coupled assembly is far better though. I going to try and fit gardiners jets to the Xline as 'push in' units.
Comfortably Numb!

Smudger

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2023, 12:49:28 pm »
Sounds good - let me know how you get on with the mod - done a few over the years so if needs be I could try and knock something up as well

Darran

Viscount

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2023, 09:31:08 pm »
How does rinsing on the glass make it quicker? The rinse is so good, you just do your scrub and go. There is no rinse phase. It's rinsed. As you scrub down, the brush pulls the dirt down (the bristles are packed together) and the water is flowing over the top.

To go back to a standard brush, I would have to add rinsing as a step to my clean. Imagine you've just cleaned the window and someone asks you to rinse it again and take just as long as you took the first time. Stupid thing to do right? Well, that's what would happen if I went back to a 'normal' brush. There is no rinse phase. It happens as you clean automatically. And very very well, no bits of grit or spider web left on the window.

I don't need to justify it. I've blown money on silly things in the past. A tucker pole (dual hose, soap rinse, aluminium pole with jubilee clamps back in 2005), L5 gas heater and various other things. I'm also not recommending it to anyone. I'm just saying I love it.

How do I know one hour specifically? The misses was having a scan and I had to wait with the other babies. She was with a consultant so it took an hour out of my work day. I did exactly the number of houses I normally would without rushing because I had written that hour off.

I will get around to the vid. I have a clip of me rinsing a window with an artex surround and no frame to speak of. You can control the way the jets flow by tilting the brush so they fall on the bristles and you can get right to the top of the window without touching the surroundings. Really neat trick.

I just wanted to provide more info.

By the bristles, you know how the really light Gardiner brushed have slightly shorter bristles that the Superlight brush and you wish you had an extra few mm when cleaning hinges or over vents? I meant that.

I love it and it has paid for itself, I'm just saying you might not. I hate fan jets, but loved the x-line rinse bar. Some people it's the other way around.

Another thing, the more that glass is part of the clean and the less the frame is - like on bifolding doors - the frame to glass ratio is very low, the quicker it is compared to rinsing normally. The smaller the pane and bigger the frame as part of the job, the less the difference. Basically, it's super fast on glass, just normal of frames.

windowswashed

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2023, 06:15:18 am »
On  a Reach-it brush the bristles are so compact which holds the water that disperses from the reach bar above the bristles. No other brushes perform this way as the bristles on other brushes are not compact enough to perform in the same way.

On Reach-it rinse bar the water disperses as one or two small arcs of water depending on the type of brush used. On other brushes the rinse bar disperses water in a straight line from the perforated holes in the rinse bars.

Reach-it has perfected the perfect rinse from their brushes with a combination of rinse arcs and compact bristles which trap the water above the bristles whilst the brush is held horizontally at the glass until tilted at an angle whereby the water runs around the curve of the brush thus allowing the flow of water to be more controlled owing to gravity. With practice the flow of water is more controlled for cleaning the top frames and top panes of glass unlike with other rinse brushes which push the water too far ahead of the brushes.

Hope this is more explanatory for those who find it hard to follow the honest, good, review Viscount is trying to explain.

Smudger

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2023, 07:40:59 am »
It is - and I think they are a great improvement over other brushes

However - many will disagree for various reasons from cost through to simply not understanding fluid dynamics

The same effects can jets - the usual argument is why use them the brush was supplied with pencil jets so these must be best ( no they were supplied for cheapness )

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2023, 07:50:53 am »
Personally, I'm not that interested in the 'rinse'. It's not a major factor  on domestic windows- beyond what is the norm. But the actual brush..... can it get into lower sash corners where the upper sash has horns? Can it get around deep frames, vents? Can also clean where touching the top frame isn't viable?etc. The shape of the brush and short bristles looks odd to me. Might be good at cleaning walls of glass, but is this brush an all day, every day brush or just good in specific areas?
Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2023, 06:23:16 pm »
Personally, I'm not that interested in the 'rinse'. It's not a major factor  on domestic windows- beyond what is the norm. But the actual brush..... can it get into lower sash corners where the upper sash has horns? Can it get around deep frames, vents? Can also clean where touching the top frame isn't viable?etc. The shape of the brush and short bristles looks odd to me. Might be good at cleaning walls of glass, but is this brush an all day, every day brush or just good in specific areas?

From what I have seen the answer is no , I would happily buy one the cost wouldn’t put me off but the weight and short bristles would I have used similar brushes and the stock hits the raised parts of the frame every time as for  corners of the windows the bristles aren’t any ware  near long enough to get into the corners I can see that clearly from the videos I have seen of it . If it worked I would buy one but had a look at one years ago at a show but never used it , if just doing  large pains of glass like big commercial then yes it would probably be ok .

Viscount

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2023, 09:11:14 pm »

From what I have seen the answer is no , I would happily buy one the cost wouldn’t put me off but the weight and short bristles would I have used similar brushes and the stock hits the raised parts of the frame every time as for  corners of the windows the bristles aren’t any ware  near long enough to get into the corners I can see that clearly from the videos I have seen of it . If it worked I would buy one but had a look at one years ago at a show but never used it , if just doing  large pains of glass like big commercial then yes it would probably be ok .

You looked at it but didn't use it. Thank-you for your well researched opinion.

The bristles get the corners well - apart from dirty first cleans. The bristles on the regular are just about long enough, but as I said, I'd like another two or three mm.

Not great for sash windows but useable. I have a different brush for those. X-line sill brush to be precise. I did use a Gardiner water through pad if there were several velux windows, but now I use the Radial, it's much better at them and sweeps the dirt off them -they are tricky to rinse with a normal brush.

Weight? You only lift between windows and I have never felt so fresh at the end of the day. The rinsing off the glass is what kills the forearm.

windowswashed

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2023, 10:06:38 pm »
Viscount ....... don't worry what the others think, you haven't got to persuade anyone that Reach-it brushes are good. Let them think what they want of it.  You haven't got to sell it to anyone. 

I have a 6, 8 for French panes. I have a 14 and 18 light and really light brush and one like you have plus an 18 rocker for solar panels.  I replaced one of the brushes with two inner rows of boars hair, picks up anything and everything and glides really quick on the glass.

I don't bother trying to sell these brushes to anyone. I would never ever use any other brush than these full stop with the exception of two bungalows that have art deco styled curved glass windows which are the exception.. These brushes are very good on leaded glass, I change my technique for leaded windows.

Using any other brush is pants putting it politely.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2023, 10:34:49 pm »
Viscount ....... don't worry what the others think, you haven't got to persuade anyone that Reach-it brushes are good. Let them think what they want of it.  You haven't got to sell it to anyone. 

I have a 6, 8 for French panes. I have a 14 and 18 light and really light brush and one like you have plus an 18 rocker for solar panels.  I replaced one of the brushes with two inner rows of boars hair, picks up anything and everything and glides really quick on the glass.

I don't bother trying to sell these brushes to anyone. I would never ever use any other brush than these full stop with the exception of two bungalows that have art deco styled curved glass windows which are the exception.. These brushes are very good on leaded glass, I change my technique for leaded windows.

Using any other brush is pants putting it politely.

Not sure who's trying to convince who here🤔😄
Comfortably Numb!

DJW

« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2023, 06:57:37 am »
Did I read somewhere they were just shy of £300 each? Or have I got that wrong?

windowswashed

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2023, 07:02:45 am »
Did I read somewhere they were just shy of £300 each? Or have I got that wrong?

I paid £115 Black Friday deals are the one to watch out for.

Smudger

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2023, 07:41:16 am »
Wouldn’t worry about the cost - this is a different type of brush to the others

A bit like comparing a gf pole to an extreme.. 

Worlds apart

DJW

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2023, 08:30:53 am »
I found their website ta.
Funny old world, I cycle for a hobby, looking at new shoes - £400 a pair. Mates riding £11,000 bicycles. Saddles £200
Not for me.
I’ll stick with Gardiners I think.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2023, 09:47:54 am »
Looking at thr videos, lack of comments, likes or reviews, I reckon they may be ok for commercial cleaning but not so much residential. The reach'it guy appears to think he's reinvented the wheel. Clearly doesn't fully understand the brief, doesn't seem to understand the application of a swivel either.🤔
Not convinced, and certainly not prepared to find out at that price- based on a seemingly lack of confidence within the trade.
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2023, 02:20:08 pm »
How does rinsing on the glass make it quicker? The rinse is so good, you just do your scrub and go. There is no rinse phase. It's rinsed. As you scrub down, the brush pulls the dirt down (the bristles are packed together) and the water is flowing over the top.

To go back to a standard brush, I would have to add rinsing as a step to my clean. Imagine you've just cleaned the window and someone asks you to rinse it again and take just as long as you took the first time. Stupid thing to do right? Well, that's what would happen if I went back to a 'normal' brush. There is no rinse phase. It happens as you clean automatically. And very very well, no bits of grit or spider web left on the window.

I don't need to justify it. I've blown money on silly things in the past. A tucker pole (dual hose, soap rinse, aluminium pole with jubilee clamps back in 2005), L5 gas heater and various other things. I'm also not recommending it to anyone. I'm just saying I love it.

How do I know one hour specifically? The misses was having a scan and I had to wait with the other babies. She was with a consultant so it took an hour out of my work day. I did exactly the number of houses I normally would without rushing because I had written that hour off.

I will get around to the vid. I have a clip of me rinsing a window with an artex surround and no frame to speak of. You can control the way the jets flow by tilting the brush so they fall on the bristles and you can get right to the top of the window without touching the surroundings. Really neat trick.

I just wanted to provide more info.

By the bristles, you know how the really light Gardiner brushed have slightly shorter bristles that the Superlight brush and you wish you had an extra few mm when cleaning hinges or over vents? I meant that.

I love it and it has paid for itself, I'm just saying you might not. I hate fan jets, but loved the x-line rinse bar. Some people it's the other way around.

Another thing, the more that glass is part of the clean and the less the frame is - like on bifolding doors - the frame to glass ratio is very low, the quicker it is compared to rinsing normally. The smaller the pane and bigger the frame as part of the job, the less the difference. Basically, it's super fast on glass, just normal of frames.

You can just scrub and go with a normal brush, high flow, no need for a rinse bar. I dont rinse as such apart from on a first clean.

Rinse bars are only working as they were intended using vertical strokes, so scrub up and down the window then the rinse is done as the brush comes back down. You can do exactly the same with a normal brush.

But the problem with rinse bars is that they can only really be used vertically to best effect on upstairs windows. On downstairs ones they offer nothing as scrubbing is generally done to the side or at 45 degrees. Scubbing vertically on downstairs windows is not a natural movement.

As for you saving an hour, i guess if you scrubbed then lifted off to rinse every single pane then you would indeed save time.

NBwcs

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2023, 03:10:21 pm »
The thing that really set the alarm bells ringing with me was when i checked out their website about 6 months ago. Its now been removed but slap bang on their home page they actually had what amounted to a disclaimer saying you had to use the brush as directed technique wise to achieve the results their marketing was suggesting. You would only resort to doing something like this if you were getting a lot of grief. Im a big fan of rinse bars and definitely had an upturn in productivity when i started using the xline one but do wonder if whacking up the flow to max and rinsing on the glass would likely achieve another big saving in time without forking out on a reach it one.  I also don't like the idea of rinse bars above the bristles, cant help thinking this is asking for trouble around vents. At £300 a pop i wont be testing one out but at £115 , and in a good mood its something to think about. Just goes to show what a mark up they're making!

Viscount

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2023, 09:12:51 pm »
What I find odd is that people seem to talk about £270 (what mine cost delivered) is like 2 grand or something. Mate, how many people have a pole they don't use sitting in the van which cost way more than that? How much have you wasted on all sorts of things which could never earn a return?

I just thought, well, if it makes me quicker then it's worth a try. I took a risk and it paid for itself quickly.

If it hadn't, then I would have put it on eBay or something. I've tried all sorts in the past and wasted more on a tucker pole from back in the day when you needed a tool to extend it and collapse it. What waste of like, £500 notes back in 2005.

But this was, for me the real deal. Loads of experts who haven't used it saying it won't work. The few who have seem to love them. Seriously, it ain't 2K and you can recoup a chunk of it on eBay. Really weird anti-risk attitude to a brush.

Smudger

« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2023, 10:08:17 pm »
I agree with the above - unfortunately there only appears to be 2 people to have used them  :-\

Stoots

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2023, 01:03:10 pm »
Only 2 people daft enough to have bought them that's why.

270 quid for a brush is like paying 2k for an slx .

It wouldn't be so bad if the chap defending them hadn't  compiled a list of cons to rival a Cat A prison.

;D

Smudger

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2023, 01:45:33 pm »
Pros and cons on virtually all products - it’s good the guy gave a balanced review (although waffly)

In theory I think the brushes would out perform everything else - esp as you can alternate bristles and centre sections.

For me as I don’t clean anymore I wouldn’t buy as it would be wasted on staff - and current brushes do what is required 99% of the time

p1w1

« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2023, 02:37:09 pm »
Most importantly though, as with most products by CIU members it paid for itself by lunchtime on the first day of use  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2023, 03:55:52 pm »
and of course they Bin off a customer to get 3 new ones within the hour!

DJW

« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2023, 04:05:22 pm »
I’ve got a brush that paid for itself, a pole that’s paid for itself, my van has paid for itself. I haven’t had to pay for anything!

Wish my tax bill would pay for itself.

harleyman

« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2023, 08:25:50 am »
Nip down to tesco get a bisel sweeping brush and covert only a couple of quid ;D

simon w

« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2023, 08:59:59 am »
Nip down to tesco get a bisel sweeping brush and covert only a couple of quid ;D

Bentley brushes from Tesco are good for this too, drill a few hundred holes through the plastic stock and it becomes a Superlite

windowswashed

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2023, 05:17:44 pm »
People knock the brushes but wouldn't question paying 2-3k to purchase a tank and have it fitted. I could take a tank out of one vehicle at the start of a morning and have it fitted in another van by the afternoon for fraction of the price,  crazy money to waste on a new tank. It's like people change their tanks for plush new ones, a tank is a tank, they all do the same job.  I bought a secondhand Ionic tank, fully insulated it and have used in three different vans now, all for under £500.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2023, 07:42:23 pm »
People knock the brushes but wouldn't question paying 2-3k to purchase a tank and have it fitted. I could take a tank out of one vehicle at the start of a morning and have it fitted in another van by the afternoon for fraction of the price,  crazy money to waste on a new tank. It's like people change their tanks for plush new ones, a tank is a tank, they all do the same job.  I bought a secondhand Ionic tank, fully insulated it and have used in three different vans now, all for under £500.

What has tanks got to do with it?🤔😄

If the Reach-it brush was worth the punt I'd pay it. But, from the lack of reviews, and the fact it doesn't even begin to look like a credible domestic brush it's a NO from me. This was further confirmed after watching the reach-it videos- it's pretty clear what the score is and it 'evidently' ain't convincing many it would seem! There's so many wrongs with these brushes that I can't really be bothered to discuss them, as they're not even in contention. But if it works for you.👍
Comfortably Numb!

the king

« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2023, 08:37:21 pm »
i think if your a cold water high flow cleaner it may be worth a punt  but hot water low flow it be 40 on flow controler its no good if it had a pencil jet option ide consider the one with pads in middle