This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Alternative to Gardiner brushes
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2023, 10:34:49 pm »
Viscount ....... don't worry what the others think, you haven't got to persuade anyone that Reach-it brushes are good. Let them think what they want of it.  You haven't got to sell it to anyone. 

I have a 6, 8 for French panes. I have a 14 and 18 light and really light brush and one like you have plus an 18 rocker for solar panels.  I replaced one of the brushes with two inner rows of boars hair, picks up anything and everything and glides really quick on the glass.

I don't bother trying to sell these brushes to anyone. I would never ever use any other brush than these full stop with the exception of two bungalows that have art deco styled curved glass windows which are the exception.. These brushes are very good on leaded glass, I change my technique for leaded windows.

Using any other brush is pants putting it politely.

Not sure who's trying to convince who here🤔😄
Comfortably Numb!

DJW

« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2023, 06:57:37 am »
Did I read somewhere they were just shy of £300 each? Or have I got that wrong?

windowswashed

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2023, 07:02:45 am »
Did I read somewhere they were just shy of £300 each? Or have I got that wrong?

I paid £115 Black Friday deals are the one to watch out for.

Smudger

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2023, 07:41:16 am »
Wouldn’t worry about the cost - this is a different type of brush to the others

A bit like comparing a gf pole to an extreme.. 

Worlds apart
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

DJW

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2023, 08:30:53 am »
I found their website ta.
Funny old world, I cycle for a hobby, looking at new shoes - £400 a pair. Mates riding £11,000 bicycles. Saddles £200
Not for me.
I’ll stick with Gardiners I think.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2023, 09:47:54 am »
Looking at thr videos, lack of comments, likes or reviews, I reckon they may be ok for commercial cleaning but not so much residential. The reach'it guy appears to think he's reinvented the wheel. Clearly doesn't fully understand the brief, doesn't seem to understand the application of a swivel either.🤔
Not convinced, and certainly not prepared to find out at that price- based on a seemingly lack of confidence within the trade.
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2023, 02:20:08 pm »
How does rinsing on the glass make it quicker? The rinse is so good, you just do your scrub and go. There is no rinse phase. It's rinsed. As you scrub down, the brush pulls the dirt down (the bristles are packed together) and the water is flowing over the top.

To go back to a standard brush, I would have to add rinsing as a step to my clean. Imagine you've just cleaned the window and someone asks you to rinse it again and take just as long as you took the first time. Stupid thing to do right? Well, that's what would happen if I went back to a 'normal' brush. There is no rinse phase. It happens as you clean automatically. And very very well, no bits of grit or spider web left on the window.

I don't need to justify it. I've blown money on silly things in the past. A tucker pole (dual hose, soap rinse, aluminium pole with jubilee clamps back in 2005), L5 gas heater and various other things. I'm also not recommending it to anyone. I'm just saying I love it.

How do I know one hour specifically? The misses was having a scan and I had to wait with the other babies. She was with a consultant so it took an hour out of my work day. I did exactly the number of houses I normally would without rushing because I had written that hour off.

I will get around to the vid. I have a clip of me rinsing a window with an artex surround and no frame to speak of. You can control the way the jets flow by tilting the brush so they fall on the bristles and you can get right to the top of the window without touching the surroundings. Really neat trick.

I just wanted to provide more info.

By the bristles, you know how the really light Gardiner brushed have slightly shorter bristles that the Superlight brush and you wish you had an extra few mm when cleaning hinges or over vents? I meant that.

I love it and it has paid for itself, I'm just saying you might not. I hate fan jets, but loved the x-line rinse bar. Some people it's the other way around.

Another thing, the more that glass is part of the clean and the less the frame is - like on bifolding doors - the frame to glass ratio is very low, the quicker it is compared to rinsing normally. The smaller the pane and bigger the frame as part of the job, the less the difference. Basically, it's super fast on glass, just normal of frames.

You can just scrub and go with a normal brush, high flow, no need for a rinse bar. I dont rinse as such apart from on a first clean.

Rinse bars are only working as they were intended using vertical strokes, so scrub up and down the window then the rinse is done as the brush comes back down. You can do exactly the same with a normal brush.

But the problem with rinse bars is that they can only really be used vertically to best effect on upstairs windows. On downstairs ones they offer nothing as scrubbing is generally done to the side or at 45 degrees. Scubbing vertically on downstairs windows is not a natural movement.

As for you saving an hour, i guess if you scrubbed then lifted off to rinse every single pane then you would indeed save time.

NBwcs

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2023, 03:10:21 pm »
The thing that really set the alarm bells ringing with me was when i checked out their website about 6 months ago. Its now been removed but slap bang on their home page they actually had what amounted to a disclaimer saying you had to use the brush as directed technique wise to achieve the results their marketing was suggesting. You would only resort to doing something like this if you were getting a lot of grief. Im a big fan of rinse bars and definitely had an upturn in productivity when i started using the xline one but do wonder if whacking up the flow to max and rinsing on the glass would likely achieve another big saving in time without forking out on a reach it one.  I also don't like the idea of rinse bars above the bristles, cant help thinking this is asking for trouble around vents. At £300 a pop i wont be testing one out but at £115 , and in a good mood its something to think about. Just goes to show what a mark up they're making!

Viscount

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2023, 09:12:51 pm »
What I find odd is that people seem to talk about £270 (what mine cost delivered) is like 2 grand or something. Mate, how many people have a pole they don't use sitting in the van which cost way more than that? How much have you wasted on all sorts of things which could never earn a return?

I just thought, well, if it makes me quicker then it's worth a try. I took a risk and it paid for itself quickly.

If it hadn't, then I would have put it on eBay or something. I've tried all sorts in the past and wasted more on a tucker pole from back in the day when you needed a tool to extend it and collapse it. What waste of like, £500 notes back in 2005.

But this was, for me the real deal. Loads of experts who haven't used it saying it won't work. The few who have seem to love them. Seriously, it ain't 2K and you can recoup a chunk of it on eBay. Really weird anti-risk attitude to a brush.

Smudger

« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2023, 10:08:17 pm »
I agree with the above - unfortunately there only appears to be 2 people to have used them  :-\
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Stoots

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2023, 01:03:10 pm »
Only 2 people daft enough to have bought them that's why.

270 quid for a brush is like paying 2k for an slx .

It wouldn't be so bad if the chap defending them hadn't  compiled a list of cons to rival a Cat A prison.

;D

Smudger

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2023, 01:45:33 pm »
Pros and cons on virtually all products - it’s good the guy gave a balanced review (although waffly)

In theory I think the brushes would out perform everything else - esp as you can alternate bristles and centre sections.

For me as I don’t clean anymore I wouldn’t buy as it would be wasted on staff - and current brushes do what is required 99% of the time

p1w1

« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2023, 02:37:09 pm »
Most importantly though, as with most products by CIU members it paid for itself by lunchtime on the first day of use  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2023, 03:55:52 pm »
and of course they Bin off a customer to get 3 new ones within the hour!

DJW

« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2023, 04:05:22 pm »
I’ve got a brush that paid for itself, a pole that’s paid for itself, my van has paid for itself. I haven’t had to pay for anything!

Wish my tax bill would pay for itself.

harleyman

« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2023, 08:25:50 am »
Nip down to tesco get a bisel sweeping brush and covert only a couple of quid ;D

simon w

« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2023, 08:59:59 am »
Nip down to tesco get a bisel sweeping brush and covert only a couple of quid ;D

Bentley brushes from Tesco are good for this too, drill a few hundred holes through the plastic stock and it becomes a Superlite

windowswashed

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2023, 05:17:44 pm »
People knock the brushes but wouldn't question paying 2-3k to purchase a tank and have it fitted. I could take a tank out of one vehicle at the start of a morning and have it fitted in another van by the afternoon for fraction of the price,  crazy money to waste on a new tank. It's like people change their tanks for plush new ones, a tank is a tank, they all do the same job.  I bought a secondhand Ionic tank, fully insulated it and have used in three different vans now, all for under £500.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2023, 07:42:23 pm »
People knock the brushes but wouldn't question paying 2-3k to purchase a tank and have it fitted. I could take a tank out of one vehicle at the start of a morning and have it fitted in another van by the afternoon for fraction of the price,  crazy money to waste on a new tank. It's like people change their tanks for plush new ones, a tank is a tank, they all do the same job.  I bought a secondhand Ionic tank, fully insulated it and have used in three different vans now, all for under £500.

What has tanks got to do with it?🤔😄

If the Reach-it brush was worth the punt I'd pay it. But, from the lack of reviews, and the fact it doesn't even begin to look like a credible domestic brush it's a NO from me. This was further confirmed after watching the reach-it videos- it's pretty clear what the score is and it 'evidently' ain't convincing many it would seem! There's so many wrongs with these brushes that I can't really be bothered to discuss them, as they're not even in contention. But if it works for you.👍
Comfortably Numb!

the king

« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2023, 08:37:21 pm »
i think if your a cold water high flow cleaner it may be worth a punt  but hot water low flow it be 40 on flow controler its no good if it had a pencil jet option ide consider the one with pads in middle