van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

the king

Re: Alternative to Gardiner brushes
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2023, 08:38:31 pm »
i had a vikan just like that one above was fantastic brush flocked hard wering but heavy

Viscount

« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2023, 09:07:52 pm »
I have used the Reach-it Radial standard for 2 weeks now. I will record a review at the weekend.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2023, 09:50:40 pm »
I have used the Reach-it Radial standard for 2 weeks now. I will record a review at the weekend.

Please do, I'm struggling to actually take them seriously- both in design and price!🤔🤔
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2023, 06:59:55 pm »

Any update??
Comfortably Numb!

Viscount

« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2023, 08:21:02 pm »
Ok, I didn't get around to filming it yet. Quick summary: Blinking brilliant. Saves me about an hour a day and paid for itself really quickly.

Obviously this is MY experience and any effect on speed etc are on my speed and related to my technique.

But yeah, the bristles are the limit of what are long enough - the light versions wouldn't stand a chance on a chunky uPVC window or an external hinge on a door, but this is fine. Biggest change physically is all the weight gone from my forearm due to not rinsing off, it's not a light brush at all, but totally, massively reduced the physical exertion.

I wouldn't recommend it - if you don't like it then you've bought yourself a £270 spare brush. But I don't not recommend it either. Totally cuts the rinse phase from cleaning.
Brilliant at corners with spider-webs. Crap on corners on first cleans (I'll explain in video why).
Uses tons of water - don't moan Reach-it are open about it.
Cleans amazingly.
No better on insect poo/pollen.
Fiddly on sills.
DO NOT use on leaded windows.

I couldn't go back. Makes my x-line and Gardiner brushes seem like cheapo amateur efforts.

Just my opinions. You might buy one and hate it.

Took a couple of days to get into the swing of it, so just having a go on one wouldn't really work.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2023, 08:45:49 pm »
Ok, I didn't get around to filming it yet. Quick summary: Blinking brilliant. Saves me about an hour a day and paid for itself really quickly.

Obviously this is MY experience and any effect on speed etc are on my speed and related to my technique.

But yeah, the bristles are the limit of what are long enough - the light versions wouldn't stand a chance on a chunky uPVC window or an external hinge on a door, but this is fine. Biggest change physically is all the weight gone from my forearm due to not rinsing off, it's not a light brush at all, but totally, massively reduced the physical exertion.

I wouldn't recommend it - if you don't like it then you've bought yourself a £270 spare brush. But I don't not recommend it either. Totally cuts the rinse phase from cleaning.
Brilliant at corners with spider-webs. Crap on corners on first cleans (I'll explain in video why).
Uses tons of water - don't moan Reach-it are open about it.
Cleans amazingly.
No better on insect poo/pollen.
Fiddly on sills.
DO NOT use on leaded windows.

I couldn't go back. Makes my x-line and Gardiner brushes seem like cheapo amateur efforts.

Just my opinions. You might buy one and hate it.

Took a couple of days to get into the swing of it, so just having a go on one wouldn't really work.

Thanks for the update but.... wow, that's a really confusing and contradictory post!!🤔😁.
You recommend but you don't? It's great but also rubbish?
Anyhow, I see some of your points- weight isn't always a negative, a slightly heavier brush, with better splay and cleaning ability can actually be quicker and easier to use than a toothbrush. I'm failing to make sense of anything else though!🤔
Comfortably Numb!

Viscount

« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2023, 09:01:03 pm »
Well, there are so many tastes - some people like fan jets, some hate them, some like rinse bars, some hate them.

How can I recommend something I love when it costs so much more and could end up a very expensive spare brush? All I'm saying is I love it and wouldn't go back to a 'normal' brush.

Not good in corners on a first clean (when they're proper mucky) is because the really aggressive bristles don't reach that far and the outer bristles are only good on standard dirt levels.

If you want a recommendation from my experience and how I found it and assuming you have at least 650 litres to work with then here it is: Buy it now and stop messing around with cheapo Gardiners/X-line rubbish. It paid for itself in a week easily.

My opinion based on my experience. Nothing more. Feel free to hate it and like 4 pencil jets or whatever.

Previous brushes I have used: Tucker brush (full Dupont), X-line sill brush (Dupont with rinse bar), Brodex, old time Gaz brush circa 2007 from this forum, ionics, Gardiner super light with pencils, fans, and tried their rinse bar. After a week of the Radial, it all feels like cheap crap. Not being condescending to it all, but that's how it feels.

Like, the Gardiner rinse bar which bolts on top of the brush, it juts out and catches the brickwork, it's made of soft plastic and the holes then close up or start spraying the wrong way. With the Radial, the rinse bar is integrated and tucked away so it doesn't catch. It's made of a strong plastic, if it does block they actually provide you a long pin thing on a dongle thing to use to unblock it.

Everything has just been thought through and engineered properly. Plus, it will be like Trigger's broom. Every part is replaceable, bristles, jets, the works. Could last years if they keep supporting it.

Smudger

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2023, 09:44:28 am »
Agree with win pro —a confusing review

It’s not about what you think others may or may not like - how does it perform

How good is the rinse ?
You say the bristles are too short - I thought you could change these ?

Etc etc

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NBwcs

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2023, 11:33:21 am »
You say it's saving you an hour a day!!!, mainly because of rinsing on not off is that a correct interpretation? If so whats the difference between rinsing on with this and say several other cheaper brushes which say they allow you to rinse on? Genuine question, no hidden agenda, anything that saves an hour a day has to be investigated  properly even if it is an eye watering price.

Stoots

« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2023, 11:40:04 am »
Don't have to buy one to know its a complete waste of money. I think it sounds like you are struggling to justify it  ;D

You can rinse on with any brush a rinse bar doesn't  change anything.

Smudger

« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2023, 11:46:04 am »
My guys are loving the x-line sill with rinse bar

production is up but more importantly so is quality - only one query on quality in the last 6 weeks

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2023, 12:29:57 pm »
My guys are loving the x-line sill with rinse bar

production is up but more importantly so is quality - only one query on quality in the last 6 weeks

Darran

I'm using the Xline flocked ( not sill). Initially, I thought I wasn't going to like it, it seemed a bit heavy and bulky. But, I gave it a chance and allowed it to 'break in' along with a new flicked Ultimate. I'm now barely using the Ultimate at all, I'm just constantly drawn to the ease in which this brush cleans! The longer  bristles ger into corners much better and it just feels lovely on the glass. Yes  it's heavier than the Ultimate but it's actually more efficient in use. The Xline bristles are also FAR, FAR superior to Gardiners- there is zero wear on the Xline bristles and it's had some proper hammer. The Gardiners are already curling with less and lighter use.🤔 Gardiners close-coupled assembly is far better though. I going to try and fit gardiners jets to the Xline as 'push in' units.
Comfortably Numb!

Smudger

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2023, 12:49:28 pm »
Sounds good - let me know how you get on with the mod - done a few over the years so if needs be I could try and knock something up as well

Darran

Viscount

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2023, 09:31:08 pm »
How does rinsing on the glass make it quicker? The rinse is so good, you just do your scrub and go. There is no rinse phase. It's rinsed. As you scrub down, the brush pulls the dirt down (the bristles are packed together) and the water is flowing over the top.

To go back to a standard brush, I would have to add rinsing as a step to my clean. Imagine you've just cleaned the window and someone asks you to rinse it again and take just as long as you took the first time. Stupid thing to do right? Well, that's what would happen if I went back to a 'normal' brush. There is no rinse phase. It happens as you clean automatically. And very very well, no bits of grit or spider web left on the window.

I don't need to justify it. I've blown money on silly things in the past. A tucker pole (dual hose, soap rinse, aluminium pole with jubilee clamps back in 2005), L5 gas heater and various other things. I'm also not recommending it to anyone. I'm just saying I love it.

How do I know one hour specifically? The misses was having a scan and I had to wait with the other babies. She was with a consultant so it took an hour out of my work day. I did exactly the number of houses I normally would without rushing because I had written that hour off.

I will get around to the vid. I have a clip of me rinsing a window with an artex surround and no frame to speak of. You can control the way the jets flow by tilting the brush so they fall on the bristles and you can get right to the top of the window without touching the surroundings. Really neat trick.

I just wanted to provide more info.

By the bristles, you know how the really light Gardiner brushed have slightly shorter bristles that the Superlight brush and you wish you had an extra few mm when cleaning hinges or over vents? I meant that.

I love it and it has paid for itself, I'm just saying you might not. I hate fan jets, but loved the x-line rinse bar. Some people it's the other way around.

Another thing, the more that glass is part of the clean and the less the frame is - like on bifolding doors - the frame to glass ratio is very low, the quicker it is compared to rinsing normally. The smaller the pane and bigger the frame as part of the job, the less the difference. Basically, it's super fast on glass, just normal of frames.

windowswashed

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2023, 06:15:18 am »
On  a Reach-it brush the bristles are so compact which holds the water that disperses from the reach bar above the bristles. No other brushes perform this way as the bristles on other brushes are not compact enough to perform in the same way.

On Reach-it rinse bar the water disperses as one or two small arcs of water depending on the type of brush used. On other brushes the rinse bar disperses water in a straight line from the perforated holes in the rinse bars.

Reach-it has perfected the perfect rinse from their brushes with a combination of rinse arcs and compact bristles which trap the water above the bristles whilst the brush is held horizontally at the glass until tilted at an angle whereby the water runs around the curve of the brush thus allowing the flow of water to be more controlled owing to gravity. With practice the flow of water is more controlled for cleaning the top frames and top panes of glass unlike with other rinse brushes which push the water too far ahead of the brushes.

Hope this is more explanatory for those who find it hard to follow the honest, good, review Viscount is trying to explain.

Smudger

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2023, 07:40:59 am »
It is - and I think they are a great improvement over other brushes

However - many will disagree for various reasons from cost through to simply not understanding fluid dynamics

The same effects can jets - the usual argument is why use them the brush was supplied with pencil jets so these must be best ( no they were supplied for cheapness )

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2023, 07:50:53 am »
Personally, I'm not that interested in the 'rinse'. It's not a major factor  on domestic windows- beyond what is the norm. But the actual brush..... can it get into lower sash corners where the upper sash has horns? Can it get around deep frames, vents? Can also clean where touching the top frame isn't viable?etc. The shape of the brush and short bristles looks odd to me. Might be good at cleaning walls of glass, but is this brush an all day, every day brush or just good in specific areas?
Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2023, 06:23:16 pm »
Personally, I'm not that interested in the 'rinse'. It's not a major factor  on domestic windows- beyond what is the norm. But the actual brush..... can it get into lower sash corners where the upper sash has horns? Can it get around deep frames, vents? Can also clean where touching the top frame isn't viable?etc. The shape of the brush and short bristles looks odd to me. Might be good at cleaning walls of glass, but is this brush an all day, every day brush or just good in specific areas?

From what I have seen the answer is no , I would happily buy one the cost wouldn’t put me off but the weight and short bristles would I have used similar brushes and the stock hits the raised parts of the frame every time as for  corners of the windows the bristles aren’t any ware  near long enough to get into the corners I can see that clearly from the videos I have seen of it . If it worked I would buy one but had a look at one years ago at a show but never used it , if just doing  large pains of glass like big commercial then yes it would probably be ok .

Viscount

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2023, 09:11:14 pm »

From what I have seen the answer is no , I would happily buy one the cost wouldn’t put me off but the weight and short bristles would I have used similar brushes and the stock hits the raised parts of the frame every time as for  corners of the windows the bristles aren’t any ware  near long enough to get into the corners I can see that clearly from the videos I have seen of it . If it worked I would buy one but had a look at one years ago at a show but never used it , if just doing  large pains of glass like big commercial then yes it would probably be ok .

You looked at it but didn't use it. Thank-you for your well researched opinion.

The bristles get the corners well - apart from dirty first cleans. The bristles on the regular are just about long enough, but as I said, I'd like another two or three mm.

Not great for sash windows but useable. I have a different brush for those. X-line sill brush to be precise. I did use a Gardiner water through pad if there were several velux windows, but now I use the Radial, it's much better at them and sweeps the dirt off them -they are tricky to rinse with a normal brush.

Weight? You only lift between windows and I have never felt so fresh at the end of the day. The rinsing off the glass is what kills the forearm.

windowswashed

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2023, 10:06:38 pm »
Viscount ....... don't worry what the others think, you haven't got to persuade anyone that Reach-it brushes are good. Let them think what they want of it.  You haven't got to sell it to anyone. 

I have a 6, 8 for French panes. I have a 14 and 18 light and really light brush and one like you have plus an 18 rocker for solar panels.  I replaced one of the brushes with two inner rows of boars hair, picks up anything and everything and glides really quick on the glass.

I don't bother trying to sell these brushes to anyone. I would never ever use any other brush than these full stop with the exception of two bungalows that have art deco styled curved glass windows which are the exception.. These brushes are very good on leaded glass, I change my technique for leaded windows.

Using any other brush is pants putting it politely.