van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

֍Winp®oClean֍

Alternative to Gardiner brushes
« on: September 05, 2023, 12:06:05 pm »
Right, had enough of buying utter rubbish from Gardiners now regarding brushes. Have zero confidence in them anymore!
Looking for a nice, soft, flocked brush that has good splay. Has anyone got any experience with the Xline range? Not bothered if it weighs a few grams more as long as it does what it says on the tin and lasts longer than 3 weeks!🙂
Comfortably Numb!

Bungle

Re: Alternative to Gardiner brushes
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 12:25:21 pm »
I had an X-Line sill brush. It was massive and heavy. I sold it. I used to like the original dual trim from Gardiners but they started to make them with fewer bristles. I like lots of bristles as it gives you confidence that all of the glass is getting a scrub. I'm finding the new brushes are splaying too much and leaving a gap in the middle when scrubbing.
We look at them, they look through them.

DJW

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 12:47:21 pm »
Supremes no good either?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 01:22:44 pm »
Supremes no good either?

Supreme is the only brush that works for me, trouble is, it lasts about 6 weeks! Just tried a Ultimate flocked described as 'medium-soft'- it's as stiff as a board! After 3 days the outer-edge brustles are already starting to wear 'inwards' like the Xtremes rendering it useless within a week for getting spiders nests out of corners! Such a shame as these brushes 'could' be made great with a little effort but now are just terrible! Paying top dollar for duch poor products is beginning to annoy me! I'm jumping ship to try and find something that actually works as it should!!
Comfortably Numb!

zesty

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 01:37:51 pm »
I’m defo not a fan of the new xtreme with the stiff outer bristles, they mis shape in a few days, end up bending inwards. It also makes absolutely no difference to the scrubbing power.

Wish they’d go back to the old taper tec with normal bristles on the outside edges.

DJW

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 02:37:03 pm »
I’ve been using Xtremes for years, particularly sill brushes. Useless for spiders nests in sash windows. Flocked wear out pretty fast but the mixed I’m using at the moment has been very good. Everything else is just too cumbersome for me.
I have a Dupont in the garage of one of Gardiners range, not got round to using it.

DJW

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 02:42:53 pm »

Must have had well over six months out of this one. Was a prototype originally. Still going strong.

DJW

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 03:20:26 pm »
I reckon you need an oval Vikan!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2023, 04:25:17 pm »
Supremes no good either?

Supreme is the only brush that works for me, trouble is, it lasts about 6 weeks! Just tried a Ultimate flocked described as 'medium-soft'- it's as stiff as a board! After 3 days the outer-edge brustles are already starting to wear 'inwards' like the Xtremes rendering it useless within a week for getting spiders nests out of corners! Such a shame as these brushes 'could' be made great with a little effort but now are just terrible! Paying top dollar for duch poor products is beginning to annoy me! I'm jumping ship to try and find something that actually works as it should!!

I love the Supremes too. But yes they don’t last very long. Can’t go back to a Superlite now. I find them too heavy & the stock often bowed.

All brushes are expensive for what they are imo but i know it’s all the tooling/manufacturing etc.

Bungle

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2023, 05:34:10 pm »
I have a very good friend who owned a brush making company (yard brushes, dustpan brushes....) I asked him if he'd be interested in making WFP brushes. He wasn't interested unfortunately.
We look at them, they look through them.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2023, 05:38:55 pm »
Right, had enough of buying utter rubbish from Gardiners now regarding brushes. Have zero confidence in them anymore!
Looking for a nice, soft, flocked brush that has good splay. Has anyone got any experience with the Xline range? Not bothered if it weighs a few grams more as long as it does what it says on the tin and lasts longer than 3 weeks!🙂

I tried an x line sill brush DuPont bristles destroyed it in less than a morning with 50 degrees water , x line assured me it would be fine , phoned them up and complained they didn’t want to know , also they are very heavy , we use Gardiner stiff supreame brushes for everything on my everyday pole they last around 12 weeks or so , not good but I have had a lot worse .

DJW

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2023, 06:29:57 pm »
I did wonder if an Xtreme version of this brush might work.
I have one of these but trimmed the white end bristles back to the blue ones as they didn’t seem to work very well. The blue is very stiff and should flick nests out. Bit bulky for me as it is so only gets used on conny roofs.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2023, 06:51:00 pm »
The range is just terrible, there's not really any other way of saying it, just being honest. Gardiners made some awesome brushes- some of which I still own and they are far, far superior in every way to the current offerings. So frustrating to see them go so far backwards!!
I'm going to try a  bog standard Xline flocked, it really can't be worse than this Gardiners one!!
The best Xtremes and Ultimates were the original ones, by a long way!!
If any supplier/manufacturer out there, including Gardiners, are genuinely interested in input into making the best wfp brush in the world, please get in touch. I'm sure it can't be that hard.
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2023, 06:52:05 pm »
I reckon you need an oval Vikan!

😂😂😂
Probably better than this one!!😲
Comfortably Numb!

High-Tower

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2023, 06:52:56 pm »
I did wonder if an Xtreme version of this brush might work.
I have one of these but trimmed the white end bristles back to the blue ones as they didn’t seem to work very well. The blue is very stiff and should flick nests out. Bit bulky for me as it is so only gets used on conny roofs.

They don’t come with the stiff blue bristles any more. I always come back to a sill brush. I find the efficiency of them is worth the extra weight.

richard connett

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2023, 07:54:25 pm »
Have you tried the supreme DuPont tapertec hybrid? They are pretty soft but last ages . I’ve got 2 in the van that get used daily that are at least 8 months old .Not sure how you’re only getting a few weeks from a supreme.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2023, 08:09:35 pm »
Have you tried the supreme DuPont tapertec hybrid? They are pretty soft but last ages . I’ve got 2 in the van that get used daily that are at least 8 months old .Not sure how you’re only getting a few weeks from a supreme.

I've had 2 dupont supremes from Gardiners and both were completely different to each other. One, the bristles were approx 30% longer than normal and the other was anything but soft- meduim to hard I would class it.  You never quite know what you're gonna get at times, the descriptions and consistency are seriously lacking here!🤔
Comfortably Numb!

DJW

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2023, 08:13:55 pm »
I went over to Xline for a while but the brush I had although very good was basically a different colour Supalight. Too heavy for me so sold it on.

NBwcs

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2023, 09:01:00 pm »
I absolutely love the xline sill with rinse bar, not used the flocked so cant comment but its by far the best ive used. Sadly i think im going to have to stop using them as im having alot of problems rsi wise with my shoulder and now been told  i have  osteoarthritis in it too which is a bit concerning given i need to be working at least another ten years so im using just supremes at the moment as much lighter. I do like the supremes but they're not a patch on the xline brushes imo, its just the weight issue.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2023, 09:11:36 pm »
I absolutely love the xline sill with rinse bar, not used the flocked so cant comment but its by far the best ive used. Sadly i think im going to have to stop using them as im having alot of problems rsi wise with my shoulder and now been told  i have  osteoarthritis in it too which is a bit concerning given i need to be working at least another ten years so im using just supremes at the moment as much lighter. I do like the supremes but they're not a patch on the xline brushes imo, its just the weight issue.

The sill brush looks huge and heavy. Personally, I have no requirement for a sill brush, I use a swivel and can do the sill with any brush. I wish someone would develop 'oval' brushes more. There used to be a guy on here that made them, Tecbuk I think they were called. I now kick myself for not buying them,  on reflection they were probably the best out there!
Comfortably Numb!