van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Alternative to Gardiner brushes
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2023, 05:40:55 pm »
My favourite brush by far is the blue nylon ultimate, can’t see me using any thing else atm

How 'soft' is that one Jonny? I'd like to know which is the softest Ultimate brush? I'd like a similar tension to a flocked Supreme. I'd also like 5mm longer bristles,  stock corners rounded off and more side splay.... but that's not for now.😁

I've got one. It's on my pole now. I do find that the splay is too much. It splays and leaves a gap in the middle of the brush when you're scrubbing. I'd like the old dual trim super lite to be brought back. I don't mind a bit more weight as long as I know the bristles are covering the whole area I'm scrubbing.

I think the Ultimate flocked would work much better if it was dual trim- I can't understand why it's not already. It would work even better with 5mm extra on the bristles and more end splay..... but can't see it happening!🙂
Comfortably Numb!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2023, 06:58:27 pm »
Put my name on 'ze lizt' for when they come out.  Or pre-production testing!

:)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2023, 07:00:49 pm »

hi alex many thanks for your reply its much appreciated and  my intention was not to have a dig at you.
i also feel the same about some of the replys to posts on here.
i always try and give a constructive reply to posts,and feel i have something to offer having gained fifteen years of expereince,not saying in know it all its just my experiences that i have  gained,and feel it would be helpful to to the new guys as previous posts were a lot of help to me and guided me in the right direction.
theres alway someone out there that wants to riducule you for what you have posted,and in my opinion that is the reason why this forum is not the place it used to be and will probably die because of that.
thats just my opinion,onwards and upwards

Hi Colin

I did not think you were having a dig, but I thought your comment was a good point for me to chip in :) it has been a  while since I had a posting session!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2023, 07:07:55 pm »

I think the Ultimate flocked would work much better if it was dual trim- I can't understand why it's not already. It would work even better with 5mm extra on the bristles and more end splay..... but can't see it happening!🙂

That brush then sounds a lot like the Super-Lite Flocked  :)

I do have another brush range which we do not sell in the UK - designed for the European and US market. It is slightly denser on bristles, bristle length between the Ultimate/Superlite, definite dual trim and a fraction heavier. I think it is a great brush, but currently do not really have space for it in the range.

Sounds like it might hit the spot for some. I will see if a limited production run for the UK would be feasible.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2023, 07:27:20 pm »

That brush then sounds a lot like the Super-Lite Flocked  :)

I do have another brush range which we do not sell in the UK - designed for the European and US market. It is slightly denser on bristles, bristle length between the Ultimate/Superlite, definite dual trim and a fraction heavier. I think it is a great brush, but currently do not really have space for it in the range.

Sounds like it might hit the spot for some. I will see if a limited production run for the UK would be feasible.

Is there any particular reason why a brush is made to a different spec' for another country Alex? Purely curiosity. 🙂
Comfortably Numb!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2023, 07:31:15 pm »
Is there any particular reason why a brush is made to a different spec' for another country Alex? Purely curiosity. 🙂

Other countries do not always prioritize low-weight as much as the UK does - also these are better suited to six-monthly or yearly clean frequencies.

However more often than not a product developed for another market ends up finding its way into the rest of the world - I just have to make space for it logistically.

zesty

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2023, 07:36:28 pm »
As Alex has said, it’s such a personal thing.

I have never, ever, needed anymore than an xtreme brush. I just Simply do not understand why people need anything more.

That’s how it is, we all have a certain brush that works for us.

the king

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2023, 07:55:17 pm »
I like the idea of the reach it brush with them pads in middle bronz wool ect but the 18 inch one is 600g and no pencil jet option if they could get the 14inch one down to max 200g idel for me would be 170 g with pencil jet option I would think that would be a fantastic brush

Viscount

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2023, 08:44:13 pm »
I like the idea of the reach it brush with them pads in middle bronz wool ect but the 18 inch one is 600g and no pencil jet option if they could get the 14inch one down to max 200g idel for me would be 170 g with pencil jet option I would think that would be a fantastic brush

Just drill two holes and put in two pencil jets... Then attach the hose to them rather than the rinse bar.... The light version is about 170g I think with non-scratch scrub pads.

I'm getting the normal radial version tomorrow. Will do a full review after a week with it.

Smudger

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2023, 10:31:01 pm »
It would be nice to see reviews and discussions on the reach it brushes - unfortunately as soon as they are mentioned the resident troll comes trip tracing along to hijack the thread  moaning about the time he brought a reach it BOAB  ::)roll

look forward to the review

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

the king

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2023, 08:22:39 am »
The trouble with the 170g one is no pad in centre looks a good brush tho I get lot of bee pollen on glass in a lot of areas so them pads look like a fantastic solution

windowswashed

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2023, 09:05:15 pm »
I have used many ranges of brushes, starting with the original Tucker brushes, Unger, Gardiner brushes, Ova and there are many pros and cons to all of them.

My favourite choice is the Reach-It brushes for a couple reasons. It's not because of the weight as they are heavier in general. The main reason is because the bristles retain their shape very well and don't fall out for example catching on the hinges and plastic trims on UPVC windows.  The most important reason I use their brushes is because I can use a greater flow of water which produces a higher amount of water along the top of the bristles which are so compact that it acts like a blade preventing the water from running between the bristles and also runs around the outside edge of the curvature of bristles which makes a massive difference to the water sheeting on the glass as it cascades down the panes, so even hydrophobic glass is much easier to clean without spotting after drying.  I prefer to use their lightest brushes with inside bristles or pads for maintenance cleans and their longer, heavier brushes which have longer bristles for initial first cleans which are best for cleaning the frames however dirty.

Gardiner range of brushes were always my go back to brush in the past, but, ever since Reach-it got their brushes near perfect I have remained with Reach-it as they have suited me perfectly.

I wish Alex the best of luck with his business and long may he continue to provide a reliable service for others.

Viscount

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2023, 09:48:28 pm »
So my 14 inch standard Reach-it Radial arrived tonight. I will do a video review. First impressions: the box and packaging and tools and brush seem fantastic. Like absolutely what I would expect for the flipping price, I might put the box on display it's so nice.

All the bristles are on metal runners which slide in and are all replaceable so it could last for years. Well, either through lack of use because it's naff or because there are so many spare parts. 

I stuck it on my SLX - there will be next to no gooseneck the way it connects, so at some point I'll need to sort that out. It was pretty much dark so I tried one window. I had the pump on 80.  Seemed to be amazing tbh. Super low friction, but the inner bristles are seriously stiff, the water cascades -normally with the pump on 80 water blasts out like a pressure washer, but not through this and it follows the brush as you go around the window.

Anyway, I'll give it a week before a full review see how I get on with it on an actual week's work. Cost an arm and a leg after VAT and delivery.

Oh, and I picked standard 10-14 day delivery and ordered it on Sunday evening. So it took only 4 days to get here from China.

windowswashed

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2023, 10:43:02 pm »
So my 14 inch standard Reach-it Radial arrived tonight. I will do a video review. First impressions: the box and packaging and tools and brush seem fantastic. Like absolutely what I would expect for the flipping price, I might put the box on display it's so nice.

All the bristles are on metal runners which slide in and are all replaceable so it could last for years. Well, either through lack of use because it's naff or because there are so many spare parts. 

I stuck it on my SLX - there will be next to no gooseneck the way it connects, so at some point I'll need to sort that out. It was pretty much dark so I tried one window. I had the pump on 80.  Seemed to be amazing tbh. Super low friction, but the inner bristles are seriously stiff, the water cascades -normally with the pump on 80 water blasts out like a pressure washer, but not through this and it follows the brush as you go around the window.

Anyway, I'll give it a week before a full review see how I get on with it on an actual week's work. Cost an arm and a leg after VAT and delivery.

Oh, and I picked standard 10-14 day delivery and ordered it on Sunday evening. So it took only 4 days to get here from China.

If you get the chance, change your pole hose to 8mm internal and 10mm external to benefit using the new brush in the way you would using a squeegie or using radials technique or a combination of both and you'll soon find easier ways to clean windows with the extra flow of water increase.
Best using low flow rinse bar here in the Uk as there are two versions of rinse bars, high and low.

Viscount

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2023, 07:24:20 am »

If you get the chance, change your pole hose to 8mm internal and 10mm external to benefit using the new brush in the way you would using a squeegie or using radials technique or a combination of both and you'll soon find easier ways to clean windows with the extra flow of water increase.
Best using low flow rinse bar here in the Uk as there are two versions of rinse bars, high and low.

I was told the low flow bar doesn't fit the standard Radial? Maybe it does, I'll see how I get on with it before spending any more money on it. There seemed to be plenty of water coming out of it with my 8mm hose, but again, I'll see how I get on with it.

trevor povey

« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2023, 04:07:03 am »
The range is just terrible, there's not really any other way of saying it, just being honest. Gardiners made some awesome brushes- some of which I still own and they are far, far superior in every way to the current offerings. So frustrating to see them go so far backwards!!
I'm going to try a  bog standard Xline flocked, it really can't be worse than this Gardiners one!!
The best Xtremes and Ultimates were the original ones, by a long way!!
If any supplier/manufacturer out there, including Gardiners, are genuinely interested in input into making the best wfp brush in the world, please get in touch. I'm sure it can't be that hard.
Put a review on his Web page about the extreme brush I did and he's asking fir some feedback fir future manufacture ..more bristles possibly a tad harder and stock a bit more harder wearing and we've had a great brush

dazmond

« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2023, 08:17:08 am »
The new xtreme stiff brushes have different material bristles on the edges of the brush.they are also softer than before which makes them splay out too much with hot water after a few days of use....not impressed.....the bristles need to be stiffer unless gardiners have sent me the wrong ones??

The best brush for hot water is still the stiff supreme IMO.

I'd try a reach it brush but I just know it's going to be too heavy.anything over 220g is just no good for me....
price higher/work harder!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2023, 07:35:12 pm »
The new xtreme stiff brushes have different material bristles on the edges of the brush.they are also softer than before which makes them splay out too much with hot water after a few days of use....not impressed.....the bristles need to be stiffer unless gardiners have sent me the wrong ones??

The best brush for hot water is still the stiff supreme IMO.

I'd try a reach it brush but I just know it's going to be too heavy.anything over 220g is just no good for me....

The reach-it brushes look hideous! I just can't see how they can be used on domestic windows with any reasonable outcome from what I've seen.

A good brush is a good brush, it's that simple. You don't need different brushes for different parts of the world. You could have maybe, three brushes that would suit almost everything and almost everybody imo!
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2023, 07:40:06 pm »
After a week of using both, the Ultimate is already beginning to curl on the edges but the Xline has Zero wear- none!
Fair comparison? You could argue not as the Xline is heavier but their bristles are superior, no doubt!
The Ultimate could definitely be improved imo but I would REALLY like to see more development with oval stocks- like the Supreme!!🙂👍
Comfortably Numb!

DJW

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2023, 08:16:40 pm »
Here’s one I prepared earlier.