This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

easycleaner

Re: Ionics, Brodex, Pure Freendom, Diy?
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 09:20:26 pm »
Bridges have you checked you SPAM?????
Mart.

bridger windows

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 01:54:47 pm »
i finally received a quote which was the same as the first quote, I wanted it broken down but they just sent combined price. I know I have spent a lot more money than i could have but I want the security that the after sales support will be top notch. Tha guy on the phone made me fel like i was pestering him and he sounded like he was not interested. I know Ionics have good sales team, but they still have been the most helpful polite and interested company. This is a big step for me so I want good service and quality equipment behind me.

dd

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 03:12:22 pm »
Have you got your system yet then?

bridger windows

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 06:01:24 pm »
No I'm waiting for it to be built, should be ready by end of the month. I'm pooting it a bit, this is a big change and don't want to lose any customers!

dd

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2009, 06:34:28 pm »
You are going for a static system as I understand (in garage). Does it include an automatic water softener?

bridger windows

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2009, 06:51:20 pm »
Im getting a static 1000l in shed, there is a water softener as one of the 5 stages of filtration. 700l thermo delivery as i cant leave the van 10 hours to be filled. They are supplying me with a 50m inch hose to transfer to van. what system do you have

dd

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2009, 07:15:07 pm »
If possible go for an automatic water softener (the kind you would have in your house) as opposed to one where you have to do a salt backwash on each refill as it makes life easier and less hassle.

After purchasing an expensive RO system from Aquafactors which kept breaking down (problems with pump and solenoid valve on RO unit) I replaced the RO unit with a 300 gpd ro-man RO, which cost £250.

Water goes through softener then RO and into static  tank. I dont bother to use resin as water produced is around 004. Mains pressure is 50psi or just over so I don't need a booster pump.

I am sure the Ionics system will work well for you, but the important bit is how pure the water comes out the RO membrane, because their coloured resin tubes are expensive and you don't want to have to replace them too often.

josh

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 10:02:44 pm »
alex....brodex have crash tested there machine, i saw a video on there website, i had a demo from an ionics man,he didn't even seem interested in anything i asked, got a quote from brodex and pure freedom pure freedom are cheap and there systems look it.

i am in the predicament of what to buy at the moment and i think it will be brodex, lad has been very helpful with me from there.

drwindows

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 11:49:20 pm »
brodex so-called crash testing has a LOT of question marks over it as far as I'm concerned.  What was the speed?  I havent seen any evidence at all.  To me looks like its about 10mph.

The brodex bloke came on here before saying he was going to put the full mira report on the website blah blah blah...that was months ago and still nothing.  If i was brodex and had a successful 30mph crash test i'd be screaming it in great detail from the rooftops. 

Compare that to ionics website where they have a vast amount of detailed information and ALL of the test videos with speed data.

The fact that there is a distinct LACK of detail from brodex makes me think something is definately questionable.

Very suspicious if you ask me.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2009, 07:36:52 am »
alex....brodex have crash tested there machine, i saw a video on there website, i had a demo from an ionics man,he didn't even seem interested in anything i asked, got a quote from brodex and pure freedom pure freedom are cheap and there systems look it.

i am in the predicament of what to buy at the moment and i think it will be brodex, lad has been very helpful with me from there.

Brodex have crash tested one machine but this is not their largest model and each of their models are quite different in their design and structure.  Also, the model crash tested is fitted for the crash test the opposite way round to the way they are normally mounted.  In my mind this is not a proper crash test programme.  Ionics on the other hand have done a series of crash tests showing the difference between different design features and they have always crash tested their largest system which uses a very similar frame structure to all their other systems.  The only one I would feel confident sitting in front of is the Ionics.

Robin Ray

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2009, 04:50:37 pm »
Crash testing is nessesary as a ton hitting you in the back or the head will require more than a bag of frozen peas and a call to NHS direct.

A crash test programe is a good marketing tool but it is a very expensive marketing tool. The marketing message is clear "In the event of a crash (a dead stop at 30mph) your waterfedpole system won't kill you" Its a bit like buying a modern crash tested car, the car manufacturer is naturaly proud that their product is safe. The difference in the motor industry is safety is viewed as a standard, not a luxury.

bridger windows

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2009, 06:06:37 pm »
I think I am going for the best system (Ionics pro 6) it crash tested if only 30 mph, and it only rejects 20% of the water it filters compared to most others which are around 60% These systems already use loads of water so im happy to be buying the least wasteful (all bar the pro 7 which wastes 0 %). Cant wait to get it up and running!

dd

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 06:29:57 pm »
The less water it rejects the more filters it will go through. The waste water carries away the impurities. People typically run 4040 ro's at around a 50% waste ratio, but if you talk to someone like June at Gaps Water she will suggest running a much higher waste ratio.

In order to get 0% waste they simply run the remaining waste water through DI resin, which is what you are trying to save on by using an RO in the first place.

I am sure the ionics system will work well for you, just don't necessarily believe all their sales pitch..

drwindows

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2009, 06:48:21 pm »
In order to get 0% waste they simply run the remaining waste water through DI resin, which is what you are trying to save on by using an RO in the first place.

Totally wrong.

I have a pro-6 unit, but I looked at the pro-7, and that is not how it works at all.

IMO the pro-7 is way too expensive, so forget about it.

dd

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 06:57:50 pm »
How does it work then?

2 people who should know told me that is how it works.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 07:21:48 pm »
I did call them a week later and he said it was on his to do list, still no quote another week later, USELESS. If they are that unhelpful before i part with my cash then what are they going to be like after. Im going with Ionics, they couldnt be more helpful

at Purefreedom they are extremely busy, due to the fact MOST people want their system!
Ionics on the other hand are that OVER priced that they have alot of time on their hands, therefore can deal with your request almost instantly!!!
If you want to pay the most for a system, that in a lot of peoples eyes is no different to a system Purefreedom can offer.
then go for it.
But don't slag companies off before you get a full explanation for why they have taken so long!!

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2009, 07:29:58 pm »
its all very well going on about a crash test at 30mph!! have they tested a crash at 70mph? NO they havent.
why waste the money crash testing it at 30, why not have the test at 70mph, then if it passes that, it would be safe in a 30mph crash.
also do lorries have cages built on their trailers and bolt each and every pallet everytime they go on the road?
what about the couriers that carry over a tonne in weight on 2 pallets in the back. are they bolted down?

Matt

Steve CM

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2009, 07:35:43 pm »
I got a quote through yesterday from pure freedom. i think i asked for it on tuesday, mine included the hot and a van also. he can't be that busy ;)

Robin Ray

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2009, 08:17:23 pm »
Systems are tested at 30mph due to the fact that a dead stop any faster would kill the driver on impact without any load. Any test over this speed would be a waste of money as the driver would already be dead.

The couriers who carry over a tonne are in danger in the event of a crash, which is a good point. Maybe there is a gap in the market for some form of better restraint system for this application. ;D

The real point is at the end of the day everyone can make their choice of system, it all depends on their budget, priorities, and needs.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2009, 08:28:09 pm »
Systems are tested at 30mph due to the fact that a dead stop any faster would kill the driver on impact without any load. Any test over this speed would be a waste of money as the driver would already be dead.

The couriers who carry over a tonne are in danger in the event of a crash, which is a good point. Maybe there is a gap in the market for some form of better restraint system for this application. ;D

The real point is at the end of the day everyone can make their choice of system, it all depends on their budget, priorities, and needs.

so your saying that a head on collision of 2 vehicles travelling at 15mph would kill both drivers?
A 30mph sudden stop collision is exactly the same as a head on collision with 2 vehicles travelling at 15mph each.

Matt