This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve_c

Re: Ionics, Brodex, Pure Freendom, Diy?
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 08:36:44 pm »
I run an Ionics Pro 6.I'm absolutely delighted with it. Water meters i wouldn't worry about it. To fill a 600 lt System pro6 is roughly about 2/3 baths full, if you want to look at it like that. If you want i can discuss the system with you in greater detail. Let me Know Steve.

Steve_c

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 08:41:56 pm »
Its really all down to choice and budget at the end of the day,  if your on a tight budget the d i y route is an option,  or pure freedom  but if you can afford it then I would highly recommend an Ionics system.

I bought a pro 5  650 LTR thermapure in August 06 and I love it as it performs brilliantly time after time,  and yes Ionics is more expensive but as in life what you get is what you pay for.

Ionics systems are fitted professionally and as pointed out they are crash tested so safety is taken very seriously,   filling becomes a formality after just a couple of fills and when I come a cross a really dirty job I just switch the hot on and it breezes through it.

Since August 06 I have changed the following

Carbon Filter ONCE
Water Softner ONCE
Resin Once and that was back in January this year and my water still goes out at 000
oh and a couple of months ago I changed the battery

but as I say its all down to personal choice and budget but I know when I buy a 2nd system it will be Ionics again although as smart as the new tanks look with the black casing I would prefer to see the tank to see exactly how much water is in it.
I have the black casing on top is a water gage no problem

lee k

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 09:00:13 pm »
Omnipole do a good hot water system  great service

bridger windows

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 10:59:31 pm »
Thanks for all you responses, I think I have decided to go with Ionics, it all tax deductible at the end of the day and you do get what you pay for, Pure freedom still havent sent me a quote a week on! I was nearly convinced.

Will be ordering pro 6 thermo pure, 1000l static single RO, booster pump. Comes with free 45ft carbon fiber and 24ft glider pole.

Now need to sort out long wheel base van!

bridger windows

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 07:37:25 pm »
Ps pure freedom still havent sent me a quote, you would think the current climate they would be bending over backwards to get my money! USELESS.

GWCS

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 07:44:13 pm »
Ps pure freedom still havent sent me a quote, you would think the current climate they would be bending over backwards to get my money! USELESS.

I sent a email to Brodex, Varitech, Concept and Pure Freedom regarding a quote for a van system over a week ago.

Only received ONE reply which was from Pure Freedom within 2 days.

matt

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 07:48:35 pm »

a little harsh

e.mails sometimes do not arrive

a phone call or send the e.mail again might have been a better option than coming on here and slagging them off

GWCS

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 08:15:11 pm »

a little harsh

e.mails sometimes do not arrive

a phone call or send the e.mail again might have been a better option than coming on here and slagging them off

I agree!

If your serious regarding a quote, you phone them.

Personally my quote isn't urgent and i wanted to know the type of price for my spec required.

When i am serious about having a quote i will phone them all..

bridger windows

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 04:54:25 pm »
I did call them a week later and he said it was on his to do list, still no quote another week later, USELESS. If they are that unhelpful before i part with my cash then what are they going to be like after. Im going with Ionics, they couldnt be more helpful

matt

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 07:48:29 pm »
I did call them a week later and he said it was on his to do list, still no quote another week later, USELESS. If they are that unhelpful before i part with my cash then what are they going to be like after. Im going with Ionics, they couldnt be more helpful

but you are also paying double ( if not more ) that the purefreedom unit

why ? ? ?  ? ? because they gave you a quote quicker or were more helpfull, they have a salesteam ready to take your money, thats why

GWCS

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 07:51:01 pm »

but you are also paying double ( if not more ) that the purefreedom unit

why ? ? ?  ? ? because they gave you a quote quicker or were more helpfull, they have a salesteam ready to take your money, thats why

yup, thats why your paying more for the sales team to deal with your "issue". and the vast amount of advertising they do  ;)

matt

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 08:18:11 pm »
of course the sales team as ironics is on the ball, thats what they do, they sell

purefreedom havent got that sales team in place

i cannot believe i am arguing the case for purefreedom , though to be fair, they have delivered and been good with the items i have purchased off them

Mr T

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 08:24:05 pm »
Ionics dint get back to Archer after 6 calls

hennessy window cl

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 09:33:02 pm »
purefreedom got back to me with a quote within 24 hours with exactly what I asked for unlike other companies that do not seem to read your emails properly,
                                            cheers,
                                                      Liam.
liam hennessy

ladders no more

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 12:22:30 am »
of course the sales team as ironics is on the ball, thats what they do, they sell

purefreedom havent got that sales team in place

i cannot believe i am arguing the case for purefreedom , though to be fair, they have delivered and been good with the items i have purchased off them

Reading your post mat you the Ambasader to DIY and if your happy with the parts you needed your views Gospel on here.
I am no DIY toatly usless so thats why I have always used them since getting a trolly from them.

They have always returned calls and always got resing and filters when needed.

But as in this trade you will aways get the un happy custy if you could please every body then you would get all the work

drwindows

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 09:37:00 am »
No offense matt but you are coming across as DESPERATE to try and turn him to anyone but ionics.  I have an ionics machine and I'm over the moon with it.

Have you bought an ionics system?  Have you ever been shown around their factory (as I have)?  If not, no offense but I don't think you're really the best person to give advice because unless you actually have done then you dont know what you're talking about.

Personally I would recommend ionics to anybody.  Qualitly gear from a quality outfit IMO.

JW1

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 11:32:46 am »
Don't mean to highjack the thread, but while we are on the subject I have found Purefreedon very easy to deal with so far.

They have recommended this;

1 x High volume 40 inch Reverse Osmosis System with automatic fill & shutoff.

2 x 20 inch Reverse Osmosis Prefilters

1 x 500 litre Baffled Tank

Full stainless steel securing cage.

2 x 100 psi Pumps & Strainers

2 x Flowmaster Digital Electronic Pump controller, one controller to incorporate a level fill relay and the other to have a built in split load relay wired to the vehicle to provide on board charging.

1 x 100 Ah Deep Cycle Leisure Battery

1 x 18x6" DI vessel complete with Deionisation resin

1 x Professional Metal Hose Reel with 100mtrs of 8mm Microbore Hose.

1 x Handheld Digital TDS Meter

1 x GXTEL 4S Fibre Glass pole c/w brush

1 x GXTEL 20S Fibre Glass pole c/w brush

1 x Protectacote kit to protect the back of the van from water spillage

External Ports for filling and working from the vehicle with it locked

All fixtures and fittings and a professional trouble free installation at our factory in one day, and if required training in the use of water fed poles can be arranged

The cost for the above will be £2422.73 including VAT

Does it sound like a good starter system?  They suggest 2 pumps (one for a back-up) even though I am a one man band, is that necessary?

Cost ok?  Poles ok?

Any advice gratefully received, cheers

matt

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 06:20:32 pm »
No offense matt but you are coming across as DESPERATE to try and turn him to anyone but ionics.  I have an ionics machine and I'm over the moon with it.

Have you bought an ionics system?  Have you ever been shown around their factory (as I have)?  If not, no offense but I don't think you're really the best person to give advice because unless you actually have done then you dont know what you're talking about.

no, i do not own a system from them, BUT i have seen the demo van ( with full sales pitch, you know the, the ionics logo means you will be offered the best commercial work and council contracts  ::)) , i have seen the system being used and i have been to the factory and been given a bit of a tour on how things are put together  ;) now i guess that has surprised you

Personally I would recommend ionics to anybody.  Qualitly gear from a quality outfit IMO.

yes they are quality, though nothing better than other makers ( inc purefreedom, who will use the same component  and as they are a engineering firm its a safe bet that purefreedom know how to make and fix a frame in a van ), we have been down this discussion many times, they use industry standard components which are available elsewhere without the hefty markup

from my point of view he is buying a system because the sales team got back to him and did a good job on the sales pitch, now thats all fine and dandy BUT here ( CIU ) we have loads ( and i mean loads ) of purefreedom happy customers, purefreedom charge a down-to-earth price and do a good job, nothing wrong in that, so just because they didnt reply to a email asking for a price they are not being used

matt

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 06:26:04 pm »
Don't mean to highjack the thread, but while we are on the subject I have found Purefreedon very easy to deal with so far.

They have recommended this;

1 x High volume 40 inch Reverse Osmosis System with automatic fill & shutoff.

2 x 20 inch Reverse Osmosis Prefilters

1 x 500 litre Baffled Tank

Full stainless steel securing cage.

2 x 100 psi Pumps & Strainers

2 x Flowmaster Digital Electronic Pump controller, one controller to incorporate a level fill relay and the other to have a built in split load relay wired to the vehicle to provide on board charging.

1 x 100 Ah Deep Cycle Leisure Battery

1 x 18x6" DI vessel complete with Deionisation resin

1 x Professional Metal Hose Reel with 100mtrs of 8mm Microbore Hose.

1 x Handheld Digital TDS Meter

1 x GXTEL 4S Fibre Glass pole c/w brush

1 x GXTEL 20S Fibre Glass pole c/w brush

1 x Protectacote kit to protect the back of the van from water spillage

External Ports for filling and working from the vehicle with it locked

All fixtures and fittings and a professional trouble free installation at our factory in one day, and if required training in the use of water fed poles can be arranged

The cost for the above will be £2422.73 including VAT

Does it sound like a good starter system?  They suggest 2 pumps (one for a back-up) even though I am a one man band, is that necessary?

Cost ok?  Poles ok?

Any advice gratefully received, cheers

not a bad setup

the spare pump board and controller is a fair call, as if 1 breaks you might be down from work for 2 or 3 days while a replacement is posted etc etc, take into account the lost income and it makes sense , i have a spare pump on my van, just ready to swap over if mine breaks, down time will be less that 10 mins

i wouldnt go with the poles as they will be heavy, but i use converted fishing poles for lightness, plenty use FG poles though and they are happy

i do wonder if the RO is overkill aswell, but then i allways think this, as i use 250 L a day

break down the costs for buying the parts in and building it yourself

elite mike

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 06:38:52 pm »
matt, a mates just bought the above system off pf

he is delighted with it, and they have made a damn good job of fitting it

given me some good ideas for my own setup   ;)