This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

UBA1

Improvement needed?
« on: May 08, 2005, 05:46:23 pm »
Okay chaps, some people are sceptical about how many houses per hour or money i can earn...so if YOU want to earn more, and better your traditional technique, then feel free to spend a day with me, and i`ll not only shut the mouths of the sceptics on here, i`ll do my darnest to improve your wonga.

I don`t want payment from you, just want to help the enterprising ones out there, who feel they have not reached their full potential.

I`ve been shining since 1992, and selling rounds since 1996, so i know what i`m talking about.

There are many ways to improve your income by shining, and it would be nice if all window cleaners charge sensible pricing, so then you don`t get that old "my window cleaner used to charge this or that"

Regards

The Bear

Re: Improvement needed?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 08:53:56 pm »
Good idea for free labour ;D

Why don't you outline it in this thread?

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 09:34:41 pm »
Well, if UBA1 lived close to me, I'd probably take him up on his offer.  Obviously if he was making it up; it'd become apparant in an extremely short time (around twelve minutes).  He'd have to be mad to make an offer like this, if he had nothing to show.

It sounds like an honest offer to share some tips and techniques. 

Which area do you live in UBA1?  And would there be any terms and conditions to showing a prospective candidate your method?

And would any candidates, if they visit UBA1 publish their findings here?

Regards

Tosh.

UBA1

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 09:43:40 pm »
Recenetly moved near Ipswich. Another poster named REAH, whom bought a round back in October last year has been able to do £200+ per day for the last few months, so no, i don`t Bulls**t.

The Bear

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 09:53:38 pm »
Were all friends here, why not share it here?

dustycorner

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 07:53:28 pm »
Hi UBA,

I'm not far from Ipswich, i give a day with you a  whirl, always interested in making more money.

Cheers Mark.

UBA1

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 08:34:09 am »
Hi UBA,

I'm not far from Ipswich, i give a day with you a  whirl, always interested in making more money.

Cheers Mark.

No probs, leave me your number, and i`ll bell you soon fella.

gaza

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 09:03:49 am »
IM NOT A SCEPTIC:but is that on your own or with someone working for you?
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

UBA1

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 09:59:46 am »
IM NOT A SCEPTIC:but is that on your own or with someone working for you?

On my own

gaza

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 11:31:25 am »
hurry up your 10 o clock tea break is nearly over ;D re posting 9.59am ;D Ive just bin out bin cleaning going window cleaming now
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 12:20:46 pm »
I'm also be watching this thread with great interest.

UBA1

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 06:20:17 pm »

Well you would, at least it will shut your muggy trap

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 07:27:41 pm »

UBA1; sarcasm is Graham's and mine department!  Let's not have any flaming because the moderator's will end up locking what could be a very interesting thread.

I for one was also sceptical and thought you were making wild claims, just prior to selling some product.

I'm still a green window cleaner myself, but after work I had a couple of beers with an extremely experienced window cleaner whose employed dozens of lads over the years.  He told me that you do get a 'cheetah' now and again, but six houses per hour is really stretching the truth.  This is also my own opinion; since I only average three (and a bit) houses per hour :-\ (I don't use them pictures often), four tops!

I take it you don't scrim?  (I'm assuming you clean windows traditionally).

Go on UBA1, what's the secret?  We're all friends here, as Bear says (apart from me and VinceVGXYZ whose sending me copious amounts of hate mail).

Tell us!

UBA1

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 09:36:02 pm »

UBA1; sarcasm is Graham's and mine department!  Let's not have any flaming because the moderator's will end up locking what could be a very interesting thread.

I for one was also sceptical and thought you were making wild claims, just prior to selling some product.

I'm still a green window cleaner myself, but after work I had a couple of beers with an extremely experienced window cleaner whose employed dozens of lads over the years.  He told me that you do get a 'cheetah' now and again, but six houses per hour is really stretching the truth.  This is also my own opinion; since I only average three (and a bit) houses per hour :-\ (I don't use them pictures often), four tops!

I take it you don't scrim?  (I'm assuming you clean windows traditionally).

Go on UBA1, what's the secret?  We're all friends here, as Bear says (apart from me and VinceVGXYZ whose sending me copious amounts of hate mail).

Tell us!

I personally feel these are some of the factors...1)being very fit, which i am, 2) BE ORGANISED 3)work out a routine once you`ve been around your round a few times 4) Get the RIGHT technique, so you don`t ever detail. 5)practice on your own home time and again.

The old saying practise makes perfect.

Going back to no 1) Being very fit is essential. I would hate to do 6-8 hr days. GET FIT and bang it out in 4/5 hours (£150-£180) or 6/7 hours (£180/£200+)

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 09:53:53 pm »
They don't come much fitter than Wor Lass.  She runs for Chepstow Harriers, runs Marathons; ran London in 3hrs, 29 mins, runs and runs; running the Black Mountain Challenge; runs some more... a proper nutter.

When doing sit-ups she doesn't count.  Each differnet variation is done by minutes, but she'll do two-hundred in a sitting - after a running session. 

Not very good at push-ups though.

Really slow window cleaner too!

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 12:24:01 am »
Hi UBA1

Prove it and I'll appologise.

Don't prove it, and I'll constantly remind you.

I actually think you wont be able to.... but I'll admit I'm wrong if what you say is so.

Anyway, if you are so correct, why the insults?

Why not be diplomatic and write things a little more nicely or does that go with your image and avatar?

texas girl

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 03:58:49 am »
Hmmmmmmm..........................

Very Interesting I have to say. :o :-*
Debbie

UBA1

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2005, 08:02:01 am »
Hi UBA1

Prove it and I'll appologise.

Don't prove it, and I'll constantly remind you.

I actually think you wont be able to.... but I'll admit I'm wrong if what you say is so.

Anyway, if you are so correct, why the insults?

Why not be diplomatic and write things a little more nicely or does that go with your image and avatar?

I guess it must go with my image and avater, cheese me off, and yes i will be abusive. As for you, you`ll be eating humble pie...mug

Philip Hanson

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 08:56:28 am »
This thread is degenerating into a slagging match.  Do NOT use bad language on this forum, and keep the discussion professional.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

UBA1

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 04:00:16 pm »
I  start a cleaning related topic, offer to help individuals improve their income, and you get tits like Greame Gould and Rosskeeva, making sacastic comments.

My aim of the thread was to dispell their sceptism...and at the same time help and give insight to other shiners.

This forum is slowly going the pan...