Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

With the election looming, have you decided who your going to give your vote??

Labour
19.8%
20 (19.8%)
Conservatives
44.6%
45 (44.6%)
Lib dems
13.9%
14 (13.9%)
other
5.9%
6 (5.9%)
wont vote
15.8%
16 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: General Election
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2005, 10:59:22 pm »
Labour do put on the 'United Front' for the public though, but behind closed doors serious squabbling does go on, Gordon and Tony know that for them to reach their goals that Labour must retain power so the axe must firmly be buried while the campaigning is on but IT WILL rear it's ugly head again.

Shaun

paul@scc

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2005, 11:49:38 pm »
Problem with most people is they only see whats in front of them what labour dont want to tell you the next budget represents one of the biggest tax increases in the last ten years

This years budget was kept low just for the election

Plus within 2 years we will enter the euro market which will decrease our strong market

Unemployment hasnt gone down new deal courses class as employment

I think its about time they privatise the nhs and cut our taxes

Kill national insurance and make us sort our own pensions

Oh and what about the 1000 speed cams that are going up on the motorways where the money for that going

tony blairs pocket

Derek

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2005, 06:36:07 am »
Paul

Cameras.... don't forget congestion charges in London (going up)..possibly extending to other Towns and Cities near you...soon.

The recent one-off 'bribe' to the 'grey voters' of £200... to be picked up later on after the election... of course.

Europe...this was sold to Joe Public originally as a Trading deal.. that was Ted Heath of course... isn't it funny that once they get in Government all the politicians attitudes change, perhaps its when they set their eyes on the gravy train. Lets get out of Europe...we can do so much better on our own

As for Mr Tony B Liar..how can you trust a guy with more twist and turns than a curley whirley.

I think you can put me down as 'undecided'

Derek

paulchambers

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2005, 06:49:11 am »
Think a bet on a hung parliament would be a good bet   Paul

Karl Wildey

« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2005, 03:18:33 pm »
Paul,

I noticed all the mansions in the local council estate, and all the small two up and two downs in the 200 acres of land.

Poll tax has everything to do with the size of your house, band a are flats and small houses, band f are larger houses than band a and you pay more.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2005, 06:48:59 pm »
Shaun,

As you know I have no wish to quarell with you, but do you know of any organization where people agree 100 % although they agree about the General Direction they should be heading.

Where other people do not want the top job.

Indeed what kind of organization would it be if everyone agreed with the head man if no one was prepared to arque with him .

If no one else wanted his job and thought it was time for him to move on.

Hope to speak to you after Election ;D ;D

Regards

Ian

paul@ctcs

« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2005, 11:21:05 pm »
Blimey!!  Have you guys seen the Lib Dems manifesto?
There ideas on Tax are bad news, If you and the Mrs bring in over 38k pa then your tax will increase, this has to be nearly eveyone!!
If you earn over 80k which is where we should all be heading will result in 50% tax  :o :o :o

Paul

paul@scc

« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2005, 11:24:50 pm »
50% i cant live on £500,000 a year forget the libs im of to whee the imergrantes comming from loads of empty houses

John_Flynn

« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2005, 11:17:39 pm »
Did any of you listen to Jeramy Vine on Radio 2 today, when the phone in woman told Tony Blair to get hold of himself and get Into The Real World??
I get better looking each day!!

paul@scc

« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2005, 11:19:29 pm »
No but i bet theres a few on here who would like to get hold of him and shake him into the real world

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2005, 08:10:56 pm »
Although we cant vote over here in Northern Ireland I would be happy to see Labour re -elected. I would be quite ignorant regarding political issues, especially on the mainland, however "Peace time" in Northern Ireland is a far step away from the days of war that I grew up in and certainly do not want my two young children to experience the sometimes daily activities of both the police and the paramilitaries that I was subjected to growing up.

Personally I associate Tony Blair and Labour with Peace time in Northern Ireland

As far as our local elections go I dont vote because the representatives of the community from different parties could not agree on the colour of the sky and I believe spend more time talking b**ls trying to get one over each other than dealing with issues that could better the community.
At a rough estimate I would say 35% of candidates have been in jail. This is across both communities.

paul@scc

« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2005, 11:05:30 pm »
Neil im sorry to say this the only reason that labour pushed the peace protest was to stay on the side of bush. Who has intimadated this goverment since comming in to power they are his little puppets and to continue to let america push us around undermines every thing this country has every belived in. ie the only reasons that they wanted us in the gulf war was
They needed to send us in and sort all the c@&p out
also it would of sent america into the red causing a recession they needed our finance
now the only country to profit thru it was america
What this country needs is a goverment who can stand on its own 2 feet and tell the bullies to p**s off but at present we havent got that in any off the parties
this is my own opinion

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2005, 07:51:09 am »
Point fot you Conservitive people to remember.

Only one  Major Party was against war.

Conservitives would have us out of EU  and have stronger links with US.

Tax

Maggie Thatcher doubled National Insurance and VAT in 1979.

She then increased VAT yet again.

Companies pay less tax as % of profits under Labour.

You pay less Income Tax under Labour as a % of Earnings

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2005, 08:37:24 am »
paul@scc
God bless America

Doug Holloway

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2005, 10:05:59 am »
Ian,

Typical politicans use of stats ;)

In 1979 Vat was doubled to allow big cuts in income tax.

Top rate was reduced from 83%(marginal98%) to 40%, you may ask who would pay that higher rate , answer was not many as tax take actually went up as people stopped fiddling it!

Cheers,

Doug

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2005, 01:15:55 pm »
But she did not tell us she was going to do that. Plus all the shopkeepers took advantage and put their prices up. The fact is someone has got to pay for hospitals schools police etc but nobody wants too.

Including me . ;D ;D But if we did not have them an constantly wanting higher standards it would not be a very pleasant place to live.

Doug

Can I join the UK Carpet Cleaners

Please ;D ;D ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2005, 04:36:58 pm »
Ian,

You are welcome to join UK Carpet Cleaners , the cost is £500 per annum, of which 61 pence will be spent on admin and the rest on beer  :o

Cheers,

Doug

Derek

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2005, 05:09:08 pm »
Ian

The 'glorious' Scot Mr Gordon Brown has to all accounts increased taxation by more stealthy means...all ninety odd of 'em...just so that he can say he hasn't raised income tax...

Plus the five billion 'a year stolen' from the pension fund... yours too sunshine

Perhaps that's what they mean when they talk about a 'canny Scot'  ;)  I always wondered

They are all as bad as each other...only this lot are a bit worse methinks

Derek

woodman

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2005, 05:18:56 pm »
I am dissapointed that the   N.O.T.A.    party is not listed above.

Because thats how I will be voting;

NONE OF THE ABOVE

Not one of them is worth voting for the Tory's might have gained some ground if they had come out and said they will take us out of Europe after that fat liar Ted Heath took us in under false pretences.

But they won't do that, so its another 4 years of the TB & GB show despite that they lied about the war,lied in their own manifesto about university fees.lied about MG Rover,lied abour MRSA,lied about tax increases,lied about the european constitution and just about any thing else you can think of.
Fleeced every single motorist in the country and criminalised tens of thousands of other wise- law abiding citizens by imposing penalty points and fines when ever humanly possible. Fleeced house buyers & owners alike.

Only the arrogance of this goverment would put a women in charge of ministry for children (Patricia Hodge) a cronie who ignored for years when she was leader of Islington Borough Council (Tony's local) systematic child abuse in care homes by organised peodaphiles, despite being informed on numerous occasions of case after case, some of whom have since commited suicide

We get the goverment we deserve, if people boycoted the election then we might get some change in the system but it will never happen and come this time next year we will still be moaning about the goverment we/you elected ::)

dave401uk

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2005, 05:19:50 pm »
ready for this ::)

this country needs another maggie

we are going to pot and the plot has been lost

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.