Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

With the election looming, have you decided who your going to give your vote??

Labour
19.8%
20 (19.8%)
Conservatives
44.6%
45 (44.6%)
Lib dems
13.9%
14 (13.9%)
other
5.9%
6 (5.9%)
wont vote
15.8%
16 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 97

woodman

Re: General Election
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2005, 05:58:07 pm »
Please god........................ NO

paul@scc

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2005, 06:26:06 pm »
I gotta agree with dave we need someone whos got the bottle to tell the truth

paul@ctcs

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2005, 08:05:51 pm »
I agree I hate what this country has turned into >:( >:(
There are too many do gooders now and the decent british citizens who want to work for a living are the ones who pay the price  >:(
On the news today there is a story of fireman who whilst tackling fires which is dangerous enough are finding themselves targeted by youths throwing bricks and stones :o What is going on??!! These little bast@rds are and will always be the cancer of our country >:( >:(
They breed far more than decent folk aswell, so where will we be in ten or twenty years???

This kind of thing really gets me going, I would shoot the lot of them >:( >:(

If I thought there was a party that would get tough on these scum bags they would get my vote.

Paul

Len Gribble

« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2005, 09:31:20 pm »
Sir Ian Blair the met top honcho thinks ID cards are good, only problem here they know where the illegal reside, but cant & wont do anything about it! Something to do with cost! But they can spend a fortune on keeping the like of BIGGS in jail!

Also noticed driving though my local high street posters about neighbour hood watch, what ever that means?  :( :(

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Kevin_Gare

« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2005, 09:59:42 pm »
As soon as my numbers come up I'm off...

Regards Kevin
Kevin
South London Geezer/working City, south London, North Kent.

Derek

« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2005, 07:33:25 am »
If you read through all the posts with their diverse comments, there is a concensus of opinion there that some things are just not right... those of us whatever political persuasion have identified the areas badly needing attention.

If we can see it why can't the politicians?

They have the power to do something about it, so why don't they?

Is it that they are far too busy feathering their own nests?

Incidentally by most of the Country choosing not to vote will leave the odds and sods who do vote deciding for the rest of us...now that is frightening.

MAYBE VOTING SHOULD BE COMPULSORY?  :-\

Derek

ian richards

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2005, 08:08:13 am »

I met a man recently who has a nationwide overseas property company.
He told me that it is estimated that the amount of people moving abroard this year will be more than in the last 10 years ???

Doesnt that give you an idea of how fed up the real British public are feeling about living in this country!!  And yes i would have to agree that i think that most of us would be willing to move overseas if we scooped, but as the chances of that is about 13 million to 1 i think that we all have to grin and bear it :( :( :( 

All of these goverments will tell you anythink to get in to power, but i really dont think that any of them are any good.

What is really winding me up is the amount of immigrints that we are allowing in to this country at the moment, they are all coming in the one way and we are all going out the other way >:( >:(

Ian

Karl Wildey

« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2005, 08:55:06 am »
How can we complain about people moving into this country and yet we are moving abroad into other peoples countries.
I wonder if the forigners feel the same one about us.

As English we still have The Empire in the back of our minds and feel we can do as we please.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2005, 09:05:33 am »
Karl,

We dont move abroad to milk money from the French or Spanish state, we only emigrate when we can afford to do it at our own cost!!

Paul

ian richards

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2005, 09:25:54 am »

If anyone watched Crimewatch last week they would have seen the part where they are looking for sex offenders/ Rapists!!

Out of the 12 they were looking for 10 of them were immigrents >:(

I dont think that you will have the same problem with us Brits abroard!!

Yes there are always bad apples but that was ridiculous

Ian

paul@ctcs

« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2005, 04:37:27 pm »
Well guys,

The bookies have odds of 1-20 on the labour are re-elected :'(

It looks like another 4 years of a government who dont have a grip on any of the real problems that are increasingly becoming more and more serious :(

I think one of the reasons that Labour are set to continue is the lack of a party that stands out with policies that would make a real difference, so come on Len put your cabinet together for an assult next time around ;D

Paul

Derek

« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2005, 05:48:21 pm »
Now there's an idea Paul...we have National Coverage, we are self opinionated, couldn't do any worse  ;)  ;D

Derek

Len Gribble

« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2005, 07:41:33 pm »
Paul

Would love to but haven’t the time as building up the nest egg to clear off to the channel islands sorry to be selfish.

I see the latest Lord Cole and the other Muppets are giving free flights plus more and the right to stay for six months with out permits to Olympic competitors, not sure if this also covers the hangers on, any one would think we are Mexico and they need to acclimatise them selves, but the may need directions to you know what!

Karl

Very broad statement and unsupported by fact!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2005, 01:13:06 pm »
I was going to shut up but i am fed up with this utter anti foriegner rubbish.

The Brits do go and work abroad, they sleep in vans 20 to house etc just as Eastern European Workers are doing here.

Both Main Poltical parties are going to impose controls and increase boarder security.

I gather it is Ok for Brits to live and work abroad but no foriegn worker is welcome here.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2005, 01:38:01 pm »
Ian,

16000 foriegners coming in every year   :o

I bet there is a tiny fraction of this number of brits leaving.

Paul

« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2005, 02:24:07 pm »
Ian, The difference is that we return home  :o
You are probably referring to backpackers and students, they do not travel abroad to work and have generations of family in tow.
Retired people who move abroad have finance behind them and pay for the roof over their heads.
A deluded or naive man would compare the human traffic in both directions :-X
http://www.migrationwatchuk.org Something i like to check up on now and again..................just so i know what i am arguing about with the pc brigade  ;D

darrenlee

« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2005, 02:49:05 pm »
JUST HAD A LOOK AT THAT SITE VERY INTERESTING.
ONE GOOD THING POPULATION KEEPS GROWNING LIKE IT SAYS
MORE CARPETS TO CLEAN  ;D ONLY JOKING
WE SHOULD GET RID OF THEM ALL

Karl Wildey

« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2005, 03:54:53 pm »
Was about to reply to both len and paul posts, but I think Ian sum it up nicely.

Will add that it seems fine for us to go abroad and take advantage of their cheap living, but not fine for them to move to our country and take advantage of us.

Matt Read

« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2005, 04:20:59 pm »
Can we claim the equivelent of our income support in the majority of foreign countries like immigrants can here ? Have they got to find us homes to live in ?...if so it seems fair to let a proportion in but it does need to be capped as our population is getting bigger very quickly.Greater norwich has a population of 350,000 at present forcast to rise by about 10% over the next 10 years.
We don't have enough housing at the present time so more houses are being built everywhere,on the one hand people whinge about green field area's being built on on the other they want a welcoming society. Whats the alternative answer to a capping system ?
Matt

« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2005, 04:58:59 pm »
Karl, You should scroll through posts.
When Brits go abroad and take advantage of cheap living, they do so by paying for it  ::)
Unlike the assylum spongers who come here to live off us  :o
Deluded or naive ???