Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ansar@amahmood6.or

chemmicals
« on: December 13, 2008, 08:00:06 pm »
hi i have been useing enzall from chemspec i find it a very good product but has and body used power burst from prochem is it good as enzall  ?

Ricky M

Re: chemmicals
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 08:24:55 pm »
Dont take this the wrong way but at a guess your of Asian Background , if this is the case its so weird
That you type how you would normally speak , Cool  8)

No used neither , used lots of others by Prochem in the past I now use MP + HD mostly , good value for £ and ace results

Ricky 
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 08:30:28 pm »
I love powerburst. Use it whenever possible, trouble is when you have to use something else you think your machines not working. ;D

sherco

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »
I use powerburst, its excellent stuff  ;D
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 08:39:06 pm »
I can't manage a whole pint though. :P

derek west

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 08:49:34 pm »
I can't manage a whole pint though. :P
i can ;D
derek

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 08:53:52 pm »
yes but you worked up to it Derek by drinking 20 bottles of Viking a day.

Never tried Enzall but I bet it doesnt arf clear you out. :o

clinton

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 11:33:00 pm »
20 cases more like it ;D

mark shannon

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 12:07:52 am »
Enzall is a Enzyme great on protein stains,
 Poweburst great on heavily soiled carpets.

derek west

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 12:47:16 am »
i'm slowly converting to micro splitters, pure clean concentrate.
been using powerburst for a while and highly rate it, but pure clean on wool is outstanding. still undecided which way to go.
derek

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 01:01:10 am »
i'm slowly converting to micro splitters, pure clean concentrate.

Strangely I've gone back the other way.
Gone from the full range of Prochem onto the m/s which I don't rate and now trying out the Chemspec range.
Haven't tried the Enzall yet but the other spotters are doing the job a lot quicker and easier than the m/s range.

derek west

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 11:06:28 am »
the problem with m/s is you have to agitate, i prespray, agitate with duo, then prespary then leave to dwell, just feel m/s gets a few more bits out than stuff like multi pro and pb but takes a bit longer, but at the same time when i'm using detergents i end up doing a few bits with m/s after clean to get a better result. still experimenting though, early days, either way i'm getting fantastic results.
derek

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 11:49:19 am »
To be honest, most chems perform well. The secret is knowing which fibre/construction/soiling responds to which chems.

In general terms, detergent technology is very advanced and, IMO, because of evermore restrictive H&S regulations, tend to be quite narrowly focused in their best use.

Relatively speaking, detergent free technology is in it's infancy. The ingredients are typically simpler and greener and , as highlighted by Derek because of the typical degree of agitation required, tend to work in a wider spectrum of soil/fibre types. Although detergents can often perform well with less or even no agitation, even the less agressive wool suitable products can perform on heavier soiling levels if agitation is used at a similar level to the detergent free products.

As much as it is about chemistry, it's also about physics, so always have in mind the C.H.A.T/T.A.C.T. cleaning pie.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Bob Robertson

Re: chemicals
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 05:36:41 pm »
Ken

I prefer to use the S.H.A.T.  ;D  Solution, Heat, Agitation, Time.

Bob

nevil

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 07:07:18 pm »
the problem with m/s is you have to agitate, i prespray, agitate with duo, then prespary then leave to dwell, just feel m/s gets a few more bits out than stuff like multi pro and pb but takes a bit longer, but at the same time when i'm using detergents i end up doing a few bits with m/s after clean to get a better result. still experimenting though, early days, either way i'm getting fantastic results.
derek

If you apply the same proceedure you use for MS to Power burst you will find the results far better than when using MS.

I was taken in by the Microsplitting thing but when I started using it I had made two changes. The first being the chemical, the second being the proceedure. I saw an improvement in results and thought it was down to the chemicals. Then I did a lot of side by side tests comparing MS to trad chems. The latter won hands down and that was before I discovered Powerburst.

stu_thomson

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 07:21:27 pm »
Ive recently done some trashed rental properties, half carpet presprayed and left to dwell with craftex champion very high ph! and other half with M/S. All carpet scrubbed with victor sprite and then extracted with CFR, and M/S side won hands down!!

will keep to my trusty M/S

the debate continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

nevil

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 07:33:47 pm »
Ive recently done some trashed rental properties, half carpet presprayed and left to dwell with craftex champion very high ph! and other half with M/S. All carpet scrubbed with victor sprite and then extracted with CFR, and M/S side won hands down!!

will keep to my trusty M/S

the debate continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stu

It's when I read something like that I start to doubt the validity of the experements I have done. Maybe I tested carpets and soil types that are best suited to trad chems.  Who knows.

Maybe someone that has a good knowledge of the chemistry could come and tell us what works best on what.

I know Ken touched on the subject earlier. Care to elaborate Ken?

Champion is the very one I was using for many of my tests. Every now and then I get the MS out the shed and give it another go but I have yet to see anything that changes my views.  I tend to always keep an open mind on these things but much the same as you, while I'm willing to learn I will continue to use what works for me until I discover something better.

Must be very confusing for newbies reading this.

Joe H

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 07:40:56 pm »
Nevil - I wonder when you say every so often you get MS out of the shed

1. how long you had them? do MS deterioate in time? I dont know - maybe somone can answer.

2.  Have MS progressed since you bought the one you have?.  - again I dont know.

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 08:31:30 pm »
What stuck in my mind is that someone like Simon Gerrard goes on some of the worlds most prestigious ships and dowses their wool carpets with Powerburst.

Got me thinking surely if there was ever a problem after doing it for years and years he'd be facing a massive law suit for damages by now.

ollie

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 07:57:03 am »
What stuck in my mind is that someone like Simon Gerrard goes on some of the worlds most prestigious ships and dowses their wool carpets with Powerburst.

Got me thinking surely if there was ever a problem after doing it for years and years he'd be facing a massive law suit for damages by now.

I use crystal green on my own white wool carpet, never had a problem, I do them every 6 months as a matter of course, never noticed rapid resoiling or any change in the wool, i do mist a little fibre and fabric rinse over at the end but thats about it.
ollie