Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe H

Re: chemmicals
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2008, 11:01:26 am »
Derek, you are so right.
It is easy to clean the top of a carpet.
but to get at the dirt toward the bottom is a different story.
thats where higher pressure machines are better, but along with that you need to be able to extract as well. - 2 vac motor better the 1, 3 better then 2, TM better then 3 on a portable.

prespray important too, like you say, you dont want to get the carpet too wet - which is easy to do.
Best way to achieve that is just to presparay just enough and agitate so the fluid is able to get into the carpet and all around the fibres.  I use the Envirodri gold/white - not quite as soft as Dereks Gold but I find ok.

Dwell time is important too - if the manufacturer says dwell time needed then one would be an impatient fool not to. Some fluids need more time then others to break down sticky dirt.

And I agree Derek, if it seems a product is not working, first place to look is the operator and method used. And it does take time to for an operator to get some fluids to work.  When one cleaner says they are very happy using XYZ product, and another says its useless - somethings got to be wrong somewhere, and I usually go with the one thats making it work.

richie

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 11:51:03 am »
If you are cleaning a carpet then obviously you will choose a carpet cleaning chemical.  I have tried many different chemicals in the past 15 years or so.  i have tried everything from baby soft skin type chems to jack hammer chems.  All chems suited for carpet cleaning will clean however, some will clean better than others.  Depending on the level of soil & the situation i will choose from One Step MS - PC Pure Clean - PC Powerburst.  Generally for light soil i will use MS or Pure Clean,  medium to dirty id choose Pure Clean and then Dirty to the uncleanable id choose PC Powerburst.  Light aggitation for a pile brush is something i would not worry about but going the next move to electrical aggitation i do feel can cause problems.   

Richie.

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2008, 01:56:31 pm »
Richie

Are you saying the concept of ECO cleaning is whether a chem may cause fibre damage or not? ???

richie

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2008, 12:02:58 am »
No,  im saying that many of the chems that people r raving about that are on the ECO side are not upto the job in many cases without lots of aggitation.  Its the  aggitation that will cause the fibre damage.

Richie.