Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Freddie Eureka

Re: chemmicals
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 04:59:52 pm »
Dont take this the wrong way but at a guess your of Asian Background , if this is the case its so weird
That you type how you would normally speak , Cool  8)

No used neither , used lots of others by Prochem in the past I now use MP + HD mostly , good value for £ and ace results

Ricky 

LOL. I'm guessing that English is your first and only language, and if that is so that you haven't yet got to grips with the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. They are not inter-changeable!

Happy New Year!

Freddie
A Consistently Good Service

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 06:15:38 pm »
What stuck in my mind is that someone like Simon Gerrard goes on some of the worlds most prestigious ships and dowses their wool carpets with Powerburst.

Got me thinking surely if there was ever a problem after doing it for years and years he'd be facing a massive law suit for damages by now.

ive been doing a wool carpet (100% durham wool)  every year useing high ph and its never given us any problems and its had over 30 cleans ! this custy is a  friend of the family and i can rember going to clean this lovely puple carpet with great big yellow flowers from me being a nice little girl in pig tales  ;D

John Gregory

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 07:04:47 pm »
Susan , I know you fully endorse using hydramaster equipment are you saying you use blitz on most of your domestic work

John

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 07:10:45 pm »
Susan , I know you fully endorse using hydramaster equipment are you saying you use blitz on most of your domestic work

John
dont use blitz anymore i like power bust with cita boost mixed in with it  ;D

i do carry m.s for eco cleaning but thats for people that ask for it

Steve Chapman

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 07:24:09 pm »
its a no brainer really !

m/s works well with lots of agitation, power burst works well with no agitation !

i know which one i would choose  ;)

regards
steve

John Gregory

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 07:26:34 pm »
Thanks Susan a no nonsense answer. powerburst is my no1 prespray at the moment , extracting with high heat from chemspec

All the best  John

richie

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 11:31:05 am »
I have used Chemspec Enzall & Prochem Powerburst.  Both chemicals perform VERY well however, POWERBURST is the better of the 2.  Plus the fact i found that the Enzall gave me problems with my Asthma.  Prochem POWERBURST is a chemical that all carpet cleaners should carry on their van.  All to many of the ECO WARRIER carpet cleaners will give you a load of bla bla bla regarding products like Powerburst.  At the end of the day if it is used as directed via the label the only problem you will have is realising that you have not been cleaning carpets in the past as well as you would have if you had used Powerburst.  I have used it wool & wool mix carpets for ages & have NEVER had a problem.

Richie.

JandS

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 11:58:41 am »
Are these the eco warriors that drive to the jobs in large diesel or petrol vans then fire up a diesel truckmount and leave running even when they're not using them??

;D

Regards
           John

Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

clinton

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 12:20:00 pm »
So what do you guys use on suites then ???

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 03:57:14 pm »
Are these the eco warriors that drive to the jobs in large diesel or petrol vans then fire up a diesel truckmount and leave running even when they're not using them??

;D

Regards
           John

yes we do but when there running on bi fuel like me it doesnt count

JandS

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 06:52:10 pm »
What's bio fuel?
Never seen it at Tesco's, is it cheaper than normal diesel? My guess would be no but if it is!!

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 07:05:38 pm »
Enzall is the best for pub / resturant carpets
Powerburst for really dirty carpets ;)

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 07:17:23 pm »
What's bio fuel?
Never seen it at Tesco's, is it cheaper than normal diesel? My guess would be no but if it is!!

John

im lucky as hubbys best mate as aplant that makes the stuff for 50p a ltr made out of old cooking oil  ;D

clinton

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 07:28:11 pm »
Susan

Much cheaper than diesel as well for your truck mount :)

Wonder if i could use it on my gixer 600 ;)

PaulKing

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 09:38:32 pm »
hold on clinton, is that susan sister next to you ?
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 10:02:53 pm »
 :o
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

richie

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 11:46:13 pm »
i was referring to the eco warrior CCs that seem to endlessly slag of chems such as Powerburst, Blitz and the likes of.  Unless portys have changed from electric to some kind of eco fuel people should remember that ELECTRIC is not exactly ECO friendly. 
i  find it funny hearing people rant n rave about what they seem to think that chems such as Powerburst will damage wool & that porty users are quick to give TMs a ECO knock.  The aggitation that is required by ECO chems is far more likely to cause damage to wool carpets than higher Ph chems,  Portys not only use electric that adds to global warming via the way its made but they also create poor indoor air quality.

Richie.

Tony_Browning

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 08:11:40 am »
Good point made by Richie....

I've been using Microsplitters for some years, before that I used what I considered to be a safe, powdered, "self-neutralising" solution.

During this whole time I have always used a host CWB for aggitation, (in fact I was a little upset with the recent popularity of MS because more cleaners were using some form of aggitation.....used to be my big selling point etc etc.)

However, it has always been at the back of my mind that even if soft brushes are used......surely this must cause more damage to a textile than correctly using conventional chemicals without aggitation!..........

......the only thing is, I still haven't found a cleaning solution that will give the same results, (without aggitation), as a "mild" solution in conjunction with aggitation.

PS Chuffin cold outside.....next week colder...... :-\
Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire.
"A Local Company with a Passion for Exceeding Expectations"

clinton

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2008, 10:08:20 am »
Paul

;D

Derek_Walker

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2008, 10:14:11 am »
I think most carpets would benefit from some form of aggitation regardless of type of solution used. if using conventional detergents or coloids the idea is to get the solution to the soil, if this is deep down the pile then the best way to get it there is by aggitation. This will save having to use more solution to accomplish the same thing while at the same time helps prevent overwetting the carpet. With microsplitting obviously no dwell time is involved.
I use the gold brushes with the envirodri machine on most carpet types and these are very soft, there is no way you could damage any fibres with these brushes, it is just like taking your car to the car wash.
I do not believe one chemical will do every job, this is where experience comes into the equation to pick and choose which is best for the soil type and fibre.
I have used most of the chemicals over the years, Blitz, Powerburst, Enzal, Pure clean etc, looking for the ultimate chemical. The truth is you will be able to get good results from any of these chemicals when used the correct way, it is more down to the operator than the solutions if it does not work.