Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lands

Re: CCDO - DATE & VENUE SET!
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2008, 07:19:30 pm »
Pete,

£35 for tea, coffee n a snack :o :o :o,     would it be ok if i bring a flask and my dr who sandwhich box? 

Richie.

For all that training you'd normally pay 3 times that.

Seriously though we have struck a deal with the venue to keep the cost down. Details will follow.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2008, 08:11:42 am »
Although it would be good to see everyone  if you got 300 unless you had continous seminars you would not see anything or  be able to ask questions.

I remember one at Milton Keynes  Nick was surronded by his Groupies ;D ;D ;D and all the samples went in about 5 minutes.

if I got one I might have been an Mpower or Aleg stop man ??? ???

Anyway I wish you well .

One day someone will do one in Peterborough

stevegunn

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2008, 08:19:31 am »
Although it would be good to see everyone  if you got 300 unless you had continous seminars you would not see anything or  be able to ask questions.

I remember one at Milton Keynes  Nick was surronded by his Groupies ;D ;D ;D and all the samples went in about 5 minutes.

if I got one I might have been an Mpower or Aleg stop man ??? ???

Anyway I wish you well .

One day someone will do one in Peterborough

Money well saved there 8)

Have you got a list of definite suppliers,talks etc etc?

lands

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2008, 09:30:00 am »
Ian

not looking at those sorts of numbers (far from it). The sessions will be duplicated to allow people to see everything if they want. You not up for it then?

Steve

The sessions thus far are as the beginning of the thread and suppliers have been contacted who have said yes in principle but I only contacted them yesterday (could'nt do before without a date) so should be able to confirm in next few days mate. Happy to tell you privately who those are but not in here without a definite yes from them.

Just had a yes from Furniture Clinic.

Also DP Print will have a table with literature and and a special offer on 10,000 leaftlets for visitors. Mark himself will not be there as he has just become a dad so I will make up his table.

Pete

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2008, 02:54:42 pm »
Pete,

Not saying that probably find a cheap travel lodge

Although I go up North alot the;Miidlands is a strange world to me  ;D ;D

lands

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2008, 03:02:15 pm »
There is a hotel close by Ian and will try to get a deal there once I have an idea of numbers.

Dave Roelants

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2008, 12:10:48 am »
I'm a bit confused here (nothing new about that) I've attended a few SDO's over the years, the original idea was that it was an opportunity to try various bits of kit without pressure from manufacturers and it all revolved around actually cleaning carpet, so if you wanted to try a Ninja you could, if you wanted to see whether a titanium wand was worth the money have a go with it, of course it needed a good spread of attendees with varying degrees of knowlege and equipment, it enabled Dry fusion to go head to head with a truckmount on the same carpet and soiling conditions without all the marketing hype. Ever tried 4 different upholstery tools on real seats in real condition? Here was your chance. The venue was given free in return for the cleaning of the carpet as were refreshments, lunch and drinks could be paid for if required, usually about £5 a head.When the manufacturers gave their support it added another dimension, we could for the first time test a Prochem machine(for instance) against a Hydramaster(for instance) in real field conditions. This event doesn't seem to do this, am I missing something here?
Best Regards, Dave,
Lakeland Carpet Cleaning, 1st in the UK with 4 to the door!

Doug Holloway

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2008, 08:10:15 am »
Hi Guys

Dave

The CCDO concept may have evolved, but doesn't everything.

This day should be much more wide ranging and potentially rewarding  and there will be a chance to compare machines etc in real life situations and also to learn from other real life CC's who maybe have a greater indepth knowledge.

I am looking forward to listening to/discussing with the likes of Paul, Dave and Chris.

As for cost I understand there is a charge per delegate but 35 Pounds, tax deductable is hardly going to break the bank !

For my part it is noticeable from the topics which repeatedly come up , that many would benefit from a more in depth technical knowledge unencumbered by the need to push a particular marketing line.

Stain removal is always useful, if a difficult one to pull off as anyone who hads ever tried will tell.

Cheers

Doug

stevegunn

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2008, 08:24:30 am »
I would imagine part of the £35 will be going to the speakers cannot see them doing it for nothing right or wrong, £35 is hardly going to break the bank if you at least pick up one thing which will make your business better.

Joe H

« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2008, 09:02:26 am »
What I would like to see is Restormates Prowler working along side Solutions UK 2008 Scorpion - to see how they compare in performance.
The Prowler because of its compactness and relatively low cost as a TM, and the Scorpion because of it (arguably) being the best portable currently available.
Although the Prowler is probably £2k (ish) dearer - I would like to see if any extra performance is worth the extra money bearing in mind loss of portability.

But it probably wont happen, will it. Shame.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2008, 09:42:51 am »
JOE you not tried a NINJA ?? arguably the best portie out their ha ha ha x ;D ;D ;D
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

*paul_moss

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2008, 01:16:42 pm »
For the record I will not be getting paid for my input on the day and having spoke to Dave Liahona also he is not. We have asked for some expenses to be taken into account for set up etc.
The costs for this I would not thought were great but I would guess there are hidden costs such as telephone costs, supply,petrol costs for travelling to and from the venue ( for checking it out and prior setting up visit) .
At the end of the day Pete and Jason have done the maths and they have a lot of pressure im sure sorting this type of day out and I for one would not expect them to do it for  free.

£35 as Doug says is not going to break the back, if people feel its too expensive then just dont go, easy.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

stevegunn

« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2008, 02:40:36 pm »
For the record I will not be getting paid for my input on the day and having spoke to Dave Liahona also he is not. We have asked for some expenses to be taken into account for set up etc.
The costs for this I would not thought were great but I would guess there are hidden costs such as telephone costs, supply,petrol costs for travelling to and from the venue ( for checking it out and prior setting up visit) .
At the end of the day Pete and Jason have done the maths and they have a lot of pressure im sure sorting this type of day out and I for one would not expect them to do it for  free.

£35 as Doug says is not going to break the back, if people feel its too expensive then just dont go, easy.

Not having a go Mossy, if I were travelling down to give a talk/demo I would expect my expenses to be taken into account.It makes me laugh people going on about the cost because 1 job that someone lands because of the techniques picked up on this day will more than pay for it.The NCCA charge for events so why not for this, some people want everything for nothing.

« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2008, 03:33:03 pm »
No fee involved for my small input either ......... certainly don't expect one  ::)

Cost of hire and refreshments is what fee will pay for.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2008, 04:07:25 pm »
Hi Guys

I suppose I better ad that I have also not asked for a fee, as by method of elimination some may deduce I'm going to make a killing  :o

Lets not get bogged down in pettiness and make this a really useful and fun day.

Cheers

Doug

stevegunn

« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2008, 04:24:01 pm »
Will a representative from the ncca be there?
Where is everyone staying?

Dougs round I believe ???

richie

« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2008, 04:38:04 pm »
The last SDO at that venue im sure was about £6 per head.

Richie.

garyj

« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2008, 04:39:19 pm »

Dougs round I believe ???

He is, but I think he is on a diet  :P

Joe H

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2008, 04:56:55 pm »
For the effort some people are putting in to organise this day I would EXPECT them to be reimbursed AT LEAST their expenses.
20 odd years ago I was on an organisation committee doing a few road safety events for motorcyclists and car drivers and I know what is required to set things up, weeks of planning.
For £35, which includes some grub, I sounds like excellant value for money.

liahona

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2008, 04:59:09 pm »
Lets try to not compare this day to any other that has happened before as I think this will be quite a unique day.

That said, if you are going to compare, there is a spot and stain removal course being put on by the N.C.C.A.  for just over £180:00 for the day.

Doug is just about to do the same or very similar for free.

Some people just want blood.  

I hope what I have to say and show will be worth, let me see, divided by everything that is going on at the same time, maybe 5 quid.  

I went on an apology of a day about Oriental rug cleaning, learned diddly squat and was shown how to clean a pet damaged rug with an upholstery tool.  What a joke and it cost me £75 if I remember correctly.

Anyway, most if not all will spend more than £35 on drink, food and odds and ends over the day.  So again, whats the beef?

Best, Dave.

P.S. as has already been mentioned I am not getting paid for this either.  Nor would I dream of charging under these circumstances.  Different cirumstances, absolutely..............