This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: the end of pure water systems!!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2007, 08:04:21 pm »
Clevs

The one thing you can't deny is that wfp cleaner earn more than ladder users.
at the mo I have to disagree with that, time will tell.

One thing that is a fact wfp is safer than ladders and that is a 100% bonus

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2007, 08:18:29 pm »
man has messed up the earth so much that more use of water/ or trying to stop the use of water is not going to make any significant difference, and i cannot see it ever being banned, you could say the same thing for - littering for wasting food, for starving children in other countries, for wars, for violence, etc etc - none of these things are going to be stopped or prevented by man, as there is either too many people doing it allready, or the governments care more about money than stopping any of these things.

Banning pure water / use of lots of water is not going to work, there are simply too many millions of houses /properties everywhere for the government to prevent this, as everyone needs water.

Also not doing anything about it is not going to do any good either, there will probably be droughts and water shortages eventually and the government will probably just up the prices, which doesnt help anyone.

Again its just another thing which is not going to change, and if there are problems caused by it then too bad, too bad for everyone including me. The world is messed up allready.

Water doesnt ever get destroyed anyway, it allways cycles, so theres allways going to be enough water.

Ian W

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2007, 09:28:20 pm »
When did common sense ever stop a government from banning something? :-\
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 10:02:29 pm »
I can see the point the powers that be are trying to make. It's not wastage of water generally that they're on about. It's the wastage of water thats been treated for houshold use that they're concerned about.
In a drought, there's no shortage of water in general. We're surrounded by the stuff. The shortage is of treated water because the rivers that supply the reserviors where the water is stored before treating are at an extremely low level and therefore the reserviors get really low. Therefore treated water is more scarce. Hence the problem.

Don't get me wrong, I'm WFP and I really hope it's not banned during a hosepipe ban. The problem as I see it though, is in getting people in general not to waste it.

If I let the tap run whilst brushing my teeth or shaving for instance, I could use the water I waste to clean the top of an average house, and that's after I've filtered it. I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of liters are wasted like this every day.

Helen

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 01:25:30 pm »
but window cleaning is a necessity
When do humans become less valuable than water?

Beg to differ, window cleaning is a luxury service :)
and
Never :)

Mr.G

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 02:31:49 pm »
When householders are banned from using hosepipes, they're not going to be very happy to see window cleaners using them, it'd seem like one law for them and one law for us, and cause much resentment.

Ian W

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 02:42:37 pm »
Surely the problem isn't the waste. We know the water companies have leaks that waste millions of litres. I think it is the perception of the public.

If window cleaners use 1000 litres a week each as an average (I have no idea if this might be right or not, I am not wfp) and Joe Public are not allowed to use their hosepipes, then public opinion might turn against us. If the government realises there is a perceived problem then they, rightly or wrongly, may act on it. Then we have a problem.
Charles Dickens

williamx

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 03:57:12 pm »
Don't forget that wfp users don't have to get their water from the tap.

It can come from rivers, canals or the sea.

If you tell the public that you are using sea water, how can they object?

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 04:05:44 pm »
Surely the problem isn't the waste. We know the water companies have leaks that waste millions of litres. I think it is the perception of the public.

If window cleaners use 1000 litres a week each as an average (I have no idea if this might be right or not, I am not wfp) and Joe Public are not allowed to use their hosepipes, then public opinion might turn against us. If the government realises there is a perceived problem then they, rightly or wrongly, may act on it. Then we have a problem.
the public opinion would only be for the ones that dont have a wfp window cleaner, this is are livelyhood at the end of the day, they dont need to use a hosepipe say to wash there own car is not going to lose there house and stop them from eating etc etc, I think they should ban joe public before business' if they stopped business after that then that should mean all business not just us, just think of a fizzy drink they use more water than we use.

Ian W

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007, 04:49:53 pm »
I agree with you. But it isn't me you'd have to convince. ;)
Charles Dickens

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2007, 08:24:28 pm »
An interesting set of points by all,

clevs, you seem to be against wfp and thats a fair opinion although it seems you use it and some of your customers dislike it, maybe the way its sold has a reason to do with it. (im not getting on to you just a thought)

water will over time erode most surfaces although there is not a scrap of eveidence to support that pure grade water damages surface on buildings as to date,

most buildings that show marks after water has run over the ledges on to the facade are painted finishes the reason for marking is normally the pure water cleaning the area although not fully.

will wfp disapear i doubt it but there needs to be some type of governing of water such as each window cleaning which works at height and purchases a wfp system should also be registered with their local water boards and councils and pay for the water they use.

I know some will moan but the cowboys will be ruined and the rest of the real window cleaners will be better off for it.

thoughts welcome.

regards, stuart

NWH

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2007, 08:28:49 pm »
Don`t get me wrong i love WFP,but pure water can`t do damage,i`ll remember that the next time a WFP supplier tells me i need my new van speedlined LOL. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2007, 08:58:57 pm »
An interesting set of points by all,

clevs, you seem to be against wfp and thats a fair opinion although it seems you use it and some of your customers dislike it, maybe the way its sold has a reason to do with it. (im not getting on to you just a thought)

water will over time erode most surfaces although there is not a scrap of eveidence to support that pure grade water damages surface on buildings as to date,

most buildings that show marks after water has run over the ledges on to the facade are painted finishes the reason for marking is normally the pure water cleaning the area although not fully.

will wfp disapear i doubt it but there needs to be some type of governing of water such as each window cleaning which works at height and purchases a wfp system should also be registered with their local water boards and councils and pay for the water they use.

I know some will moan but the cowboys will be ruined and the rest of the real window cleaners will be better off for it.

thoughts welcome.

regards, stuart

I'm on a water meter, so pay to every drop I use  ;)

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 06:51:10 pm »
window washers,

exactly that you pay for it you splash it how you want

neil100

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 07:30:31 pm »
I dont view wfp as wasting water. It ALLOWS ME TO EARN AN INCOME which my customers are willing to pay for.

The rain comes to us on an endless cycle. Its not like Oil because once thats gone its gone.

How many water authorites have tapped into using seawater. None. Because they think it costs too much to purify.

Over the last10 yearsI cannot believe how many new propertys have been built where I live, Hundreds of thousands of new propertys. Lots more money for united utilites but not a single new resevoir has been built.

Last week a builder building an extention on his house not a mile away from where I live. Smashed a 24" main water pipe. It took 8 hours for the water company to switch the watersupply off.despite being informed straight away. THat was a total waste I dread to think how much water was lost.But the pressure of the water supply has been so low for 11 days now as they try to make up for what they have lost.

On another road they have had a leak for the last three weeks. There is a stream running down the road. No one been to fix it. So untill the water boards get their act together thet can take a running jump for all I care.

If my customers dont stop me wfp I will carry on regardless untill I see stand pipes in the street.

Nel.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 07:48:01 pm »

We had a hosepipe ban down my way for quite a few months before they applied for a drought order.  A few of my customers queried my usage of WFP though it seemed to be done in an inquiring manner rather than a resentful one.  I informed them of two facts.

1.  That it was permitted for me to use my equipment as it wasn't directly connected to the mains at the point of usage.

2.  That they being banned from using a hosepipe meant that they could only water their plants by watering can or similar whereas me being banned from using one would probably make me bankrupt and homeless.

I would point out that the water companies had also noted those differences in effect on individuals which is why I was permitted to continue working.

squeejay

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 07:48:39 pm »
Worts case scenario:

There are 400,000 registered wc in the UK

If half use wfp which I doubt is true yet. And on avarge they use 300ltrs per day ( some have smaller tanks and some larger ) then that 60 million ltrs per day. Think about the amount used in factories, baths, toilets by 60 million people!!!!!! we are using a tiny proportion of the water! Luke
toilets,baths,hostpitals,and many other industries large amounts of water usage is essential use,wfp for w/cs is not essential use therefore it will be banned in the forseable future what with all the green issues nowadays.
so i will stick with trad for the next few years and see what happens, i dont want to get used to wfp just to go back to ladders that would be a nightmare  ;D ;D ;D.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2007, 07:50:50 pm »
i dont want to get used to wfp just to go back to ladders that would be a nightmare
so your admiting that wfp is better!! so if it was banned which it wont you could just forget window cleaning and be happy with all the extra money you had earned bacause you were wfp!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

squeejay

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2007, 08:23:17 pm »
i dont want to get used to wfp just to go back to ladders that would be a nightmare
so your admiting that wfp is better!! so if it was banned which it wont you could just forget window cleaning and be happy with all the extra money you had earned bacause you were wfp!! Luke
i have used wfp in the past and it is good but i dont use it on my own work because most of it is domestic and personally i find it a pain in the rear with so many obstacles in the way also how can you say that it wont be banned when it is already a known fact that it is an unnessacery use of water especially on domestic work,a customer of a friend of mine said they could even prosecute the householder if found to be knowingly letting there window cleaner using a wfp on there property and if thats the case then businesses will soon follow because they cant do with huge fines,maybe you all should dust off your ladders because it will happen within 2-3 years :'(

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2007, 08:34:56 pm »
i have used wfp in the past and it is good but i dont use it on my own work because most of it is domestic and personally i find it a pain in the rear with so many obstacles in the way also how can you say that it wont be banned when it is already a known fact that it is an unnessacery use of water especially on domestic work,a customer of a friend of mine said they could even prosecute the householder if found to be knowingly letting there window cleaner using a wfp on there property and if thats the case then businesses will soon follow because they cant do with huge fines,maybe you all should dust off your ladders because it will happen within 2-3 years :'(
Tell me this,

I pump water from the sea (we have plenty of it, waste goes to water company (I do them a favour as it is cleaner than the water they provide me in my tap, I also pay for other water by meter not by year like the few that do (thats will change 100% for sure everyone will be on a meter apart from boar holes)
Why will they ban this ?, what needs to be done is the water companies that waste more than wfp cleaners use in a year from leaks ect, need to use the sea water and clean that (there is another of it , it is a known fact the wfp gives better results and is far less dangerous than using a ladder now my life is more improtant than water, this again is a fact that life is more important than water (if I am wrong tell me)

God I need to sleep as things like this normally dont get to me, but today.... is a very long day.

When or should I say if they ever try to ban it they will have to stand and say that water usage is more important than safety as this will be the main argument.

I think they should ban ladders  :P