This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

philboy

the end of pure water systems!!!!
« on: November 25, 2007, 06:56:52 pm »
Hi, I have been using pure water for some years now; I still squeegee too but personally think WFP's are the best thing since sliced bread! My customers agree...most of them!!!  I'm sure many of you will agree? But, put together all the window cleaners using pure water nationwide and it adds up to many thousands...if not millions of litres per week, in today’s ever changing environmental "crisis" the use of pure water is sure to become more and more controversial? Over the past couple of months I have heard three or four people say that there are plans to ban the use of pure water. (I should say that non of them were window cleaners)  So I thought I'd ask my fellow professionals...I'd be interested to find out if this is fact or fiction? But either way, I'd be interested in your thoughts on this subject? I for one don't feel that using pure water is a waste! I am sensible with the amount of water I use when working, as I'm sure we all are, but window cleaning is a necessity and WFP’s are a big breakthrough as far as health and safety is concerned.  When do humans become less valuable than water?

xxmattyxx

Re: the end of pure water systems!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 07:12:12 pm »

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 07:17:10 pm »
I dont want to get too political, but what do you think? Our government doesnt really care about the environment do they! And they dont want a riot on their hands! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

clevs

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 07:24:47 pm »
Health and safety for reach and wash systems should be more of a headache with these systems than trad, tralling hose's everywhere, trip hazzards, theres no end to probs with that, Ive used reach and wash, and dont think much of it, nor my customers.  Two men with ladders no hassle what so ever, (cant beat hands on) I do think reach and wash is far easier than trad, but stil think trad is here to stay, and the brooms will be banned.  Loads of water being wasted, cant be good.. But apart from everything I here with regards to the arguements concerning both, to pour water on to brick work, no matter how careful you are month in month out, will over the course of years, cause expencive damage to the morter and bricks, so think about that one, coz I dont think many people do think about this issue, if its high, then theres lots of different ways to get to that height safely.

gary999

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 07:31:51 pm »
here we go again,im sure in the climate that we live far more water hits a building
in a heavy rainy day than i spray on in one year,i dont know how all the pre war buildings i clean are still standing, it must be a miracle ;)

clevs

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 07:36:28 pm »
Rain normally falls downwards ?. which in turn, falls on a roof, then a gutter.  Not stright on to the brick work in such amounts, time will tell im sure. Good luck with your pre war buildings, hope they stay up for you  :P

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 07:41:14 pm »
I use about 0.5-1 ltr per window, most of it falls to the floor and some goes on the wall. If I average that out that means 750ml of water per window, if half that hits the wall, then thats 375ml. If a window is cleaned 6 times a year thats 2.250ltrs per window on the wall a year. Thats hardly going to destroy a building is it?!!!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

clevs

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 07:46:37 pm »
See your point Luke, but its just another bad point about reach and wash, Im sure both meothds will continue for a long long time to come, but still hold to hands on is far better for one or even two level houses.

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 07:48:33 pm »
Hi, I have been using pure water for some years now; I still squeegee too but personally think WFP's are the best thing since sliced bread! My customers agree...most of them!!!  I'm sure many of you will agree? But, put together all the window cleaners using pure water nationwide and it adds up to many thousands...if not millions of litres per week, in today’s ever changing environmental "crisis" the use of pure water is sure to become more and more controversial? Over the past couple of months I have heard three or four people say that there are plans to ban the use of pure water. (I should say that non of them were window cleaners)  So I thought I'd ask my fellow professionals...I'd be interested to find out if this is fact or fiction? But either way, I'd be interested in your thoughts on this subject? I for one don't feel that using pure water is a waste! I am sensible with the amount of water I use when working, as I'm sure we all are, but window cleaning is a necessity and WFP’s are a big breakthrough as far as health and safety is concerned.  When do humans become less valuable than water?
we waste or should i say use alot less than the water companies waste.

The people telling you thins dont have a clue IMO what they are talking about, there are always people that think they no something when in fact they no nothing but think they do.

Ian

gary999

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 07:48:45 pm »
so your saying that the brick work on houses doesnt get wet  in torrential rain and
add a high wind to it .my house must be an odd one out then been pouring down today
and the walls look pretty darn wet to me,

sorry i didnt notice some ones nicked me roof and the gutters ah!that would explain it :o

oh brother ::)

williamx

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 07:49:14 pm »
What water waste?

It rains, the rain water falls onto buildings, it then makes its way to the ground and its goes down to the water-table or to the water treatment stations which are run by the water companies. ( don't forget they don't make water they only purify it.)

A wfp user cleans windows with purified water which he gets from a rain barrel or kitchen tap, it then fall to the ground where it makes its way to the water table or water treatment stations.

Where is the waste?

A trad cleaner uses water with detergents, which need to be purified from the water so it can be used again by the water companies.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 07:52:44 pm »
I dont agree sorry clevs. I thought the same thing about a year ago, that wfp wasnt as good as hands on but  I find the exact opposite. Me and my dad are both neat freaks, we do a perfect job, we dont leave any bits on the frames, it is all rinsed a way. We find that wfp does a better job and quicker. By having water being spalshed all over a window it easily cleans it. I was actually predjudice towards wfp ( mostly because I didnt want to invest!! ) but it does do a better job, its one of those things that defies sense, that hands on is always better, because in this case it just inst true, Luke

clevs

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 07:54:44 pm »
No Gary, im saying it adds to it, thats all.  Sorry to hear about your roof, know some people who could sort you out there, could take sometime low, they dont use ladders..... :-X

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 07:59:02 pm »
Your not going to get many supporters with this attitude clevs, it defies sense and the majority of peoples experience on here with wfp. Wfp is safe, wfp does a better job, wfp doesnt damage the environment, wfp doesnt damage brickwork, Luke

clevs

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 07:59:39 pm »
I found with some of my customers Luke, they dont like reach and wash, so I surpose diferent strokes for diferent folks, hey which ever way, its makes good money for both meothds, so happy days !!

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 08:00:30 pm »
See your point Luke, but its just another bad point about reach and wash, Im sure both meothds will continue for a long long time to come, but still hold to hands on is far better for one or even two level houses.
Have you tried wfp clevs? from your replies I guess not, I have been trad for many years and wfp winds hands down it leaves a better shine goes right into the corners where your finger cant, washes all the frames which would take ages to do trad, trust me done both, wfp rocks

Pat Purcell

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 08:01:06 pm »
It interesting that 2 of the top four posts are about banning wfp and banning ladders
Me , Im okay ive been drinking a lot of red bull so I have wings but I feel for the rest of you ;D
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

williamx

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 08:02:36 pm »
Clevs

The one thing you can't deny is that wfp cleaner earn more than ladder users.

Davew

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 08:03:51 pm »
Clevs might have a point over water usage - it would be interesting to hear what the major players think about it. People like Alex would be ruined overnight i would imagine. Mind you the rest of the post is not accurate. ;)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 08:04:14 pm »
Worts case scenario:

There are 400,000 registered wc in the UK

If half use wfp which I doubt is true yet. And on avarge they use 300ltrs per day ( some have smaller tanks and some larger ) then that 60 million ltrs per day. Think about the amount used in factories, baths, toilets by 60 million people!!!!!! we are using a tiny proportion of the water! Luke