This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

squeejay

Re: the end of pure water systems!!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2007, 08:59:31 pm »
i dont want to get used to wfp just to go back to ladders that would be a nightmare
so your admiting that wfp is better!! so if it was banned which it wont you could just forget window cleaning and be happy with all the extra money you had earned bacause you were wfp!! Luke
i have used wfp in the past and it is good but i dont use it on my own work because most of it is domestic and personally i find it a pain in the rear with so many obstacles in the way also how can you say that it wont be banned when it is already a known fact that it is an unnessacery use of water especially on domestic work,a customer of a friend of mine said they could even prosecute the householder if found to be knowingly letting there window cleaner using a wfp on there property and if thats the case then businesses will soon follow because they cant do with huge fines,maybe you all should dust off your ladders because it will happen within 2-3 years :'(
Tell me this,

I pump water from the sea (we have plenty of it, waste goes to water company (I do them a favour as it is cleaner than the water they provide me in my tap, I also pay for other water by meter not by year like the few that do (thats will change 100% for sure everyone will be on a meter apart from boar holes)
Why will they ban this ?, what needs to be done is the water companies that waste more than wfp cleaners use in a year from leaks ect, need to use the sea water and clean that (there is another of it , it is a known fact the wfp gives better results and is far less dangerous than using a ladder now my life is more improtant than water, this again is a fact that life is more important than water (if I am wrong tell me)

God I need to sleep as things like this normally dont get to me, but today.... is a very long day.

When or should I say if they ever try to ban it they will have to stand and say that water usage is more important than safety as this will be the main argument.

I think they should ban ladders  :P

two points to make.
1 your pure water that goes back to the water company still has to be treated with certain chems to put back all the things essential to human health i.e salt,flouride,antibacterial agents and so on.

2 if the water company tried to clean that much seawater it would be a false economy because setting up of prossesing plants,supplying the plants,distribution from the plants all would cost the taxpayer money-(me & you) the set up cost would not pay for many years to come so therefore it is not viable or we would have it already

lets hope they dont ban ladders because we we all be out of work when they ban wfp for domestic work.
also what about trip hazzards,poles that weigh over a certain amount at the top when fully extended on a windy day all are safety issues :P :P :o   

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2007, 09:03:14 pm »
i dont want to get used to wfp just to go back to ladders that would be a nightmare
so your admiting that wfp is better!! so if it was banned which it wont you could just forget window cleaning and be happy with all the extra money you had earned bacause you were wfp!! Luke
i have used wfp in the past and it is good but i dont use it on my own work because most of it is domestic and personally i find it a pain in the rear with so many obstacles in the way also how can you say that it wont be banned when it is already a known fact that it is an unnessacery use of water especially on domestic work,a customer of a friend of mine said they could even prosecute the householder if found to be knowingly letting there window cleaner using a wfp on there property and if thats the case then businesses will soon follow because they cant do with huge fines,maybe you all should dust off your ladders because it will happen within 2-3 years :'(
Tell me this,

I pump water from the sea (we have plenty of it, waste goes to water company (I do them a favour as it is cleaner than the water they provide me in my tap, I also pay for other water by meter not by year like the few that do (thats will change 100% for sure everyone will be on a meter apart from boar holes)
Why will they ban this ?, what needs to be done is the water companies that waste more than wfp cleaners use in a year from leaks ect, need to use the sea water and clean that (there is another of it , it is a known fact the wfp gives better results and is far less dangerous than using a ladder now my life is more improtant than water, this again is a fact that life is more important than water (if I am wrong tell me)

God I need to sleep as things like this normally dont get to me, but today.... is a very long day.

When or should I say if they ever try to ban it they will have to stand and say that water usage is more important than safety as this will be the main argument.

two points to make.
1 your pure water that goes back to the water company still has to be treated with certain chems to put back all the things essential to human health i.e salt,flouride,antibacterial agents and so on.

2 if the water company tried to clean that much seawater it would be a false economy because setting up of prossesing plants,supplying the plants,distribution from the plants all would cost the taxpayer money-(me & you) the set up cost would not pay for many years to come so therefore it is not viable or we would have it already

lets hope they dont ban ladders because we we all be out of work when they ban wfp for domestic work.
also what about trip hazzards,poles that weigh over a certain amount at the top when fully extended on a windy day all are safety issues :P :P :o   
if they ban domestics as you say with wfp, what is going to happen to people that are 4 and 5 floors up ? cant use a ladder that high health and safety and all that, I cant see how they can ban something that is far far safer than ladders, oh by the way I used ladders for years and years doing trad it is dangerous, whoever you want to dress it up it is still more dangerous than wfp

poleman

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2007, 09:06:47 pm »
also what about trip hazzards,poles that weigh over a certain amount at the top when fully extended on a windy day all are safety issues

Working at height is the biggest killer in the UK work force and for 10 years WFP has NOT killed one person

PLEASE a bit of perspective  ::)

Andy

squeejay

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2007, 09:23:20 pm »
Tell me this,

two points to make.

if they ban domestics as you say with wfp, what is going to happen to people that are 4 and 5 floors up ? cant use a ladder that high health and safety and all that, I cant see how they can ban something that is far far safer than ladders, oh by the way I used ladders for years and years doing trad it is dangerous, whoever you want to dress it up it is still more dangerous than wfp
danger is not realy the issue here is it ? it was never mentioned before wfp came about, the issue is water wast and what the gov are going to do about it and in todays world they will do exactly as they please. ;)

squeejay

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2007, 09:35:32 pm »
also what about trip hazzards,poles that weigh over a certain amount at the top when fully extended on a windy day all are safety issues

Working at height is the biggest killer in the UK work force and for 10 years WFP has NOT killed one person

PLEASE a bit of perspective  ::)

Andy
and how many were window cleaners and not used to using ladders in a competent manner,if you follow all guidelines on ladder use you should have no problems  :)