This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

wfp vs trad
« on: May 09, 2007, 04:46:35 pm »
yes i know you all get tired of these threads, but for those trad non belivers please read

i picked up someone the other day that has had a trad cleaner that she loved and was the best window cleaner ever, bla bla bla...3 years ago i asked her if she was interested as i did next door. the other day she said hes packed up can you come and do them...not a problem, then a friend of hers who had this "fantastic" trad cleaner, and got home to have a phone call off both off them to say they have never seen such clean windows. and were very pleased!!

and im getting alot of compliments lately, everyone says how mcuh better it is. and when the customers are telling me this without me promting it, well it just goes to show just how good wfp is

:)

Sir Squeaky

Re: wfp vs trad
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 04:55:51 pm »
Total opposite of my experiences so far.

Lost another one today, and the lady next to it didn't seem pleased.
Doubt I'll have that one either by next month.

sunshine windows

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 05:09:56 pm »
I'm not trying to say that your wfp'ing doesn't do a top job, but perhaps these old trad cleaners weren't quite up to standard.

I know for a fact that i do the best possible clean that i can on each and every house. I too get a lot of compliments from satisfied customers.

However i also know the method of trad cleaning i use has it's faults. I like to wipe kick marks off with the scrim and i also scrim all the edges of the pane after squeegeeing. I know that this method does leave very faint marks in the direct sunlight but i've never had one complaint from a 'sane' customer. (Just one old dude that was going senile).

I think for someone to get complaints cleaning the trad way is either too lazy to do a proper job (not trying to say my method is the proper way), or they have absolutely no idea of how to clean a window.

I am now in the process of changing over to wfp because i want to acheive the highest possible standard of cleaning. Also i feel that this will speed me up thus increasing profit.

So for as far as wfp doing a high quality job. I hope it does just that or i'm about to throw several thousands of pounds down the drain.

Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

brett walker

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 05:26:32 pm »
wfp or trad both do an excellent job 8)

its all down to the user at the end of the day i have come across good and bad in both but sometimes you just come across funny customers

Brett

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 05:32:47 pm »
I can do decent job, but people don't water everywhere, and they certainly don't want you walking away leaving the windows wet.

Any wind or rain in the drying time and you've had it.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 05:37:16 pm »
If you clean trad and do a good job the windows will look good apart from when the sun shines through and shows up all the tiny mistakes.  I've never had a complaint from trad in 10 years.

With wfp if you do a good job the widows really do look better, the look good even when the sun shines.  Customers tell me that they really do look better.  However it's very easy to not do a top job, just rush the window a bit and boom you have spots.  When you get a line of spots down the kitchen window the customer will notice.  I've been doing it over 4 months and had a few complaints but I just put this down to a learning curve.

trad and wfp I like them both

Simon

Clear Vision

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 05:39:16 pm »
I have seen trad cleaners whizz round houses and leave a poor finish and I have seen trad cleaners take their time and leave a really good finish.

Wfp is the same. Take your time and rinse properly and carefully and you can walk away without worrying how they will dry.

I whizzed around a house with wfp last month and when I went back today I saw  loads of spots. :-[

Each technique is only as good as the man operating it ;)

Matthew

LWC

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 05:47:28 pm »
I'm not trying to say that your wfp'ing doesn't do a top job, but perhaps these old trad cleaners weren't quite up to standard.

the point i was making is she loved her old window cleaner, in her eyes no one could be better. she was happy with him. i imagine her to look at me with wfp and thinking it would be rubbish because she loved the cleaner she had who was trad

Dave Turley

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 06:07:54 pm »
i think that you can do a good or bad job with both trad and wfp (if you want to and with enough practice)

sad thing is, some w/c'ers dont care wether they do a good job with either method, as long as they're coining it in

i've thought about going down that road but i just couldn't sleep at night if i did!

dudek

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 06:18:17 pm »
what type of brush head should you use ?

LWC

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 06:21:08 pm »
should? how do you mean?

i have a new vikan brush, the red one

Tosh

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 06:24:16 pm »
I can do decent job, but people don't water everywhere, and they certainly don't want you walking away leaving the windows wet.

Any wind or rain in the drying time and you've had it.

I did an 'old people's complex' today; flats; WFP tops, trad on ground floor.  It was a bit windy at times and we had a few showers.

Ian_Giles was originally asked to quote, but declined the job since many of the windows (if not all of 'em) were oxidised.

I explained to the estate manager that I would use my WFP on the 1st floor only, but if after three cleans they didn't come good; I'd use ladders but would charge extra.  She was happy with that.

We did it today and the feedback we personally received from three of the top floor residents was spot on and the estate manager told me two others (from the 1st floor) has said that we're far better than their previous 100% trad window cleaners.

I also cleaned the internal 1st floor shared areas and from what I saw, the WFP did a cracking job; on some really heavily soiled windows; oxidised too.  There were a few imperfections admittedly; but nothing to get your knickers-in-a-twist-over; and you had to look hard for them also.

There's a knack to doing jobs like this!

But, (Roger) Squeaks, I just can't help thinking that it's maybe your communication skills that's letting you down.

Are you explaining your point-of-view why you're using the system and the benifits to your customers properly?

Good social skills and a bit of time spent explaining stuff to 'first time WFP customers' who were trad customers goes a long way to an easy WFP transition; I'm sure.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 06:31:57 pm »
But, (Roger) Squeaks, I just can't help thinking that it's maybe your communication skills that's letting you down.

Are you explaining your point-of-view why you're using the system and the benifits to your customers properly?

Good social skills and a bit of time spent explaining stuff to 'first time WFP customers' who were trad customers goes a long way to an easy WFP transition; I'm sure.

Totally. I lose loads of time each day explaining it.

Some just don't want to hear it though.

Dave Turley

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 06:38:03 pm »
i've got a "first clean sheet", which i give to everyone on their first wfp clean.
it explains briefly about how wfp works, and offers that if there are any excessive marks i will come back to re-clean the affected windows. no one has ever called me back due to the wording of it. even though i have noticed some marks on my return a month later.

LWC

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 06:43:59 pm »
i tell them if theres any marks call me and ill be straight back

not one call in a year  ;)

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 07:09:14 pm »
Squeeks,

Why don't you just JACK IT ALL IN?!

Don't matter what you do.  All you do is MOAN, MOAN, MOAN. ::) ::)

NO wonder your customers are getting p****d off with you >:(

Either roll your sleaves up and GET ON WITH IT
Or
Jack it in.

Sorry to the rest of you guys to be a little angry.  But to be quite honest I'm getting a bit fed up with Squieeks >:( >:(

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 07:16:20 pm »
You obviously didn't lose many customers David.

I want to just get on with it, but it's the CUSTOMERS who keep moaning.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 07:48:04 pm »
How many customers have you lost so far Roger?

???

niceandclean

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 07:48:35 pm »
Ive been WFP pole for the last 9 months now and the only complaint i have had is leaving the sills wet!! I always leave a first clean sheet saying that the windows may not come up to scratch until the third clean just to cover my bum! Most are perfect by either the first or at the most second clean, no customer has complained about them being left wet, customers have said on the second clean that they noticed a few runs or spots on the first clean which they have said is fine as i explained this would happen, and the only customer that i have lost to WFP is the customer moving away! As Dave and Tosh say, its down to how you expliain the benifits of the WFP to the customers!! You should not be loosing customers unless you are doing a bad job after the second cleans, and not given them the information that they need to know!!  

matt

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 07:52:44 pm »
i lost a customer, it happens, they didnt like the grass getting wet  ::) ::)

i hate losing any customer, as my round is great, most houses in the streets i cover, i dont like gaps left by lost customers, it makes my little book look untidy aswell with houses crossed out ( i now use tipex, so thats improved a little )