This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark f

Re: wfp vs trad
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 08:00:36 pm »
so wots the knack to doing the oxidised windows then Tosh?

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 08:47:03 pm »
Dave Chillout buddy. Not like you to have a rant.

Squeaky,

I changed over to WFP very soon after you did and also had my reservations. But Ive always looked at your posts for an honest opinions but WOW I cant understand why you are losing so many customers  :-[

I sit back and read most of the posts on this site and you really seem to have more problems than most.

I don't leave leaflets explaining the system .... except if the customer is home. I just think if you leave leaflets, you are giving them a reason to inspect and find faults.

Ive just completed my first months clean (the hardest I believe) and only lost 1 (4 hundred year old hall)

Hopefully I wont lose anymore.

C'mon guys lets all stick together and sort Squeaky..... not abuse(well maybe a lttle ;D).

Bod
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2007, 08:48:32 pm »
Mark.

With oxodised windows I just rinse rinse and rinse. If that dont work, its dropped.

Bod

Biscute

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2007, 09:17:46 pm »
Bollick* WFP isnt amazing at cleaning its not fantastic, but it is good for some things. I have a WFP set up but it is a pain in the behind purifing water and transporting it, but it is better on georgen windows, to be honest i still do most of my work trad and what you get frames with oxerdised paint on them WFP is an abserloute joke.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

niceandclean

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2007, 09:20:10 pm »
Why do you leave a leaflet just when a customer is in Bod?? Surely it makes more sense to leave one if they are out, it backs up what you have told them when you took them on or changed them over???

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 09:34:55 pm »
Makes sense.  First cleans on wfp are not always perfect, if they are out and do not seen you clean the windows, why invite them to look for mistakes.  Most customers probably don't look at their windows any way and if they did see a mistake they might not put it down to you just the weather.

Simon

niceandclean

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007, 09:40:07 pm »
Well we will have to agree to disagree!! So what happens if they call you, what do you say?? Yes sorry mr customer, but that is what happens on first cleans!! Here love the window cleaner said thats what happens when he uses his new system!!! Mmmm, i know what i would do!! I would say that most of my customers look after a first clean as my misses calls to make sure everything was ok on the first clean, and some will say we noticed a few runs or spots but we have read the leaflet so we know to expect them! My opinion is that it stops complaints, but if they do call i say did you read the leaflet!! As i say i have not lost one customer changing over and not lost one new customer to WFP!!

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2007, 09:59:38 pm »
Nice an clean.

I havent told any of my customers I will be changing over to WFP.

I have however found that...those who watched me use the pole have asked lots of questions (and seemed happy), but those who were at work, aint noticed any difference and if the first clean left spots, they certainly didnt say anything.

bod

NWH

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2007, 10:19:14 pm »
I didn`t tell my customers if i did they would be inspecting there windows like never before,if anyone were to ring me i would then explain the new method of working and then say that this method has to be used from now on,in telling them i think they would feel that you don`t have much confidence in the system,it would be like saying lets try it and see if it works.The only thing i would mention is the fact that they dry clean and the air temperature dictates how quickly they dry.

niceandclean

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 10:20:11 pm »
Well we all work differently i suppose, if it works for you then thats what counts.

niceandclean

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 10:29:22 pm »
Well as said before if it works for you NWH thats fine. I sell my service, all the good points, but also tell them the things that may be evident on a first clean and poss a second clean. I tell my canvassers to sell the WFP system, i get away with charging more money, but also when i or they sign up a customer they explain that they may experience a few spots ect. When i have done a first clean i leave a leaflet, and also explain about spotting, and most say yes we were told by the girl or yes you did say when you quoted! It works for me so im sticking with it!!

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 10:45:18 pm »
Nice and Clean, it seems to work for you so maybe If I get any complaints, I will take on your approach.

Great thing about this site is you can always learn more(if tyhat make sense) from others.
Bod

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2007, 10:47:01 pm »
Nice and Clean, it seems to work for you so maybe If I get any complaints, I will take on your approach.

Great thing about this site is you can always learn more(if that make sense) from others.
Bod

matt

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2007, 10:49:55 pm »
my way worked well enough :)

it was a bit of a pain, but hey

the first time i introduced the WFP system was on hard to reach windows OR windows that i didnt like to do off the ladder, so i used the ladder on easy windows and WFP on the rest

this lasted the first clean, it got people used to it, i then did the complete upstairs with WFP and ditched the ladder

job done, and i a have a round thats a fair % OAP's who hate change

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2007, 10:54:12 pm »
Matt, Those who hate change......makes my bloody boil.

You done good boyo

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2019, 05:09:22 pm »
Funny how debates evolve over time.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

P @ F

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2019, 05:23:32 pm »
That span me right out !!!
I didn’t even notice the date of thread until the second page , I was just thinking wow all these old members have come back  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

zesty

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2019, 07:31:39 am »
Old thread! But might as well chip in 😁

When I changed over to WFP I didn’t say a thing, if customers were in, I of course explained the change over and how it works.

Never had a problem, though I did lose 1 customer to the change over.

I’ve never looked back, I find wfp so much more efficient.

I actually prefer trad for health reasons. I think (yes even climbing ladders) it’s easier on the body. Atleast that’s my experience anyway.

I find wfp is harder on the body, but I’d never ever go back to full time trad. I do the odd bungalow and an 88 year old mans bungalow trad. (Because it’s not worth the hassle trying to persuade him wfp works) other than that, I’m wfp.

When I think of the work I can get done with the wfp system compared with trad, there just isn’t any comparison.

Plankton

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2019, 08:43:08 am »
When did the wfp system first roll out? I can only remember first seeing a backpack user from around 2006. I was driving hgv's at the time and then someone I used to work with in the 90's got a system fitted and showed me the next best thing.... Metal poles! They didn't look to good and not before long he took them back and as the seller in Clydebank offered a money back guarantee he soon went bust....

Anyway I've been telling customers it's been around for twenty years but not entirely sure when it first started in the UK

John H W Muttitt

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2019, 06:46:13 pm »
Does it really matter if the cleaning process is wfp or trad? We are all providing the same service and making sure that the customer is happy with the end result. It seems that there is quite a divide between window cleaners generally regarding the process of how the windows are cleaned. Move on and enjoy what we do  :D