Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paulchambers

The amazing microsplitter
« on: September 04, 2004, 09:58:14 pm »
I helped neil 47 do a couple of sofas today as he couldnt handle it by himself ;D ;D ;D i was amazed the results with microsplitters . Tried ultimate master first did seem to do that much but the microsplitter which i havnt seen before was amazing.   Paul

shaun_pearson

Re: The amazing microsplitter
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 10:01:27 pm »
hi paul

which splitter did he use?

paulchambers

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 10:08:46 pm »
not sure , but i'm sure he will let you know

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 10:25:15 pm »
At the risk of offending someone, I have heard it referred to as ' Jesus in a bottle'  ;)
Now you know why 8)

If my statement offended anyone then TUFF

John_Flynn

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 10:42:10 pm »
May our Lord have Mercy on you.
I get better looking each day!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 11:29:16 pm »
I’ll forgive you Chris, magnanimous don’t you think?

All types of denominations

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

neil 47

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 02:07:10 am »
The first 2 seater wasn,t soiled a lot and we used u/master which was ok, the second 2 seater had quite a bit of soil so out came th e micro splitters,I ,ve seen it work on carpets but on suite ,s it just melts the dirt away.
 it was the no 4 wool carpet and upholstry one we used ,red label.
I,ve been trying to tell paul about them for a while but seeing is beliving,I agited with a cotton towel and you could see the dirt on it.
The customers have got me to quote for the rest of the house 3 bedrooms living room diningroom and 2 bathroom & protect yipee ;D ;D ;D

We have a new convert follower,s

Neil
    ps Thanks paul would took me double the time without you :D
IICRC

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 03:37:26 am »
At the risk of offending someone, I have heard it referred to as ' Jesus in a bottle'  ;)

You are joking of course, more like water in bottle.

Tried the stuff once, never again bloody crap, my batch went down the drain.

Pete

Dynafoam

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 03:52:28 am »
Peter,

My first bottle (One Step), which I had sent over from Germany in about 1990 met the same fate as yours.

More recently, having heard that others were having sucess with it, I bought some more. My thoughts were if it can work for anyone, it can work for me.

I made it work. Not though struggle but through perserverance and listening to others.

Having learnt how to use micro-splitters, I refined the technique and the result is that I use them on most jobs - not because they are very cost-effective - but because of the results that can be achieved and because I believe they are the safest cleaning agents available.

Derek

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2004, 10:53:40 am »
Peter

My own experiences on micro-splitters echo John's..  Trying it just once wasn't giving it a realistic chance.

When I first used the CFR handtool I discarded it....I now use nothing else for upholstery

Remember the story of Robert the Bruce and the spider....try,  try again

Cheers
Derek

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2004, 11:52:28 am »
Peter...........you must read the labels ::)
The first time i tried it, i mixed up like 'traditional chemicals' and got nowhere. :-[
READ the label and realised my mistake and now i use nothing else than Solutions ;D

neil 47

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2004, 12:16:34 pm »
I  did the same as everyone else used it and thought it dosent work, but as chris said, read the labels and keep trying, it does work, ask paul chambers.
And the spotters are second to none ,dont forget these microsplitters are very safe, well worth the extra effort.

Neil
IICRC

Dennis

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2004, 01:54:46 pm »
Peter,

My first bottle (One Step), which I had sent over from Germany in about 1990 met the same fate as yours.

I did not realise they have been around so long, I was under the impression they were fairly new!  ???

Dynafoam

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2004, 04:15:12 pm »
Dennis,

At the time I got my first supply of One-Step, it was being marketed/distributed in several European countries by Solutions Gloeker <Sp?>, the now manufacturers of the Solutions range distributed in the UK by Nick V W (soon to be promoted to Nick Mercedes).

I had read about the technology in a scientific journal in about 1988/9 but was unable to source any UK supplier. It took some time to track down the supplier in Germany.

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2004, 11:11:44 pm »
JB.
I thought he was already uprated to Nick BmW  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2004, 01:00:26 am »
I must thank Nick as even the box from the Microsplitters comes in useful, my son and myself made Thunder Bird 2 out of it last weekend when it was raining.

Nick you sure have the solution.

F.A.B.

Shaun

jacko

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2004, 01:16:47 am »
What dilution ratio do you guys use - do you dilute with warm water?  Does adding say Odour Fresh to the solution negate it's effect at all?

Mark Betts

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2004, 01:34:19 am »
I dilute 16:1  on everything.
Also make up a bottle of spotter at 4:1

Works a treat.

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

jacko

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2004, 01:42:00 am »
thanks mark - does making up a stronger solution compromise the result? Or is it just a case of getting away with weakest solution possible to save on costs?

Mark Betts

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2004, 01:52:07 am »
Nope

Just found that the 16:1 ratio works a treat.

If I come across a bad traffic lane that wont budge I just mist some  pre mixed "spotter" on it.

I know its a bit of a cliche now but to echo Nicks words "Less is more"  ;D ;D

Mark

PS

I had a real grubby suite to clean on Saturday. The place where the head rests on the cushion was smooth and shiny with hair gel etc etc.  Now before I used solutions (sorry going to use the word solutions from now on because microsplitters is too much of a piggin mouthful !!!!!!! ) I would use fabric restorer real heavy on these bits but now with solutions I just spray my pre mixed spotter and scrub. It came up a treat.

The only time I will not use solutions is on for example restaurant carpets. I still use normal chems for those.
A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!