Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dynafoam

Re: The amazing microsplitter
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2004, 02:49:53 am »
Jacko,

The addition of the odour neutralisers I have tried have apparently not compromised performance.

My standard dilution rate is 1:16 but I have use 1:25 on very dirty carpets where other considerations made the weaker solution appropriate.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2004, 03:00:13 am »
I have used/do use microsplitters, but one thing that Im sure confuses many CCs including mysef is why is "Less is more"? This indicates that over applying would achieve less of a result, is this true and if so why?
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2004, 03:05:16 am »
I do NOT know but assume that if bond is broken with minimal spray, over spraying will only soak loosened soil furter into carpet/fabric............... ???
I may look like i know what i am doing but does 22 years qualify me as GOOD?

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2004, 01:22:19 pm »
No ;)
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2004, 01:44:32 pm »
Hi Guys

Dave, because microsplitters work on contact the soil particulate size is imediately reduced therefore if you overspray you are effectively washing the soil into the carpet/textile, as with "normal" cleaning it is always advisable to work towards dry, thus bringing the soil to the surface for easier removal. the addition of a small amount of deodoriser does not effect the performance of the Solution range of products, alternatively the deo can be added to the rinse tank.

Peter I would suggest you used the chemical wrongly, if used correctly Solution no3 will remove a huge range os stains/marks that would normally require a number of different chemicals.

Best regards Nick

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2004, 03:05:29 pm »
Nice one Nick.........my answer was correct assumption, even after a long night in the pub :o
Could not repeat last weeks win at the pub quiz, only managed joint 4th this week. :-/

gwrightson

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2004, 10:35:58 pm »
tell me nick ,or any one else for that matter,
is less best for the heavily soiled areas, or does the same dosage apply ?
having said that would it be nessacary to apply second
pre spray on these areas to get the optimum results,
this i have done in the past, maybe i am not applying correctly ,or should i say over appling
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Dynafoam

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2004, 02:04:01 am »
Geof,

My findings are that heavily soiled areas respond to the same level of dampening as the less soiled areas.

With some types of soil, this may mean that the product is misted on a little more heavilly to counteract the product take-up by the soil. When doing this I apply the additional product during the agitatation stage, when the need becomes apparent..

John.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2004, 07:47:39 pm »
Ive been giving micro splitters another try still not sure.

However the rash on my leg does not flame up when I use Micro Splitters.

However still unsure how much mist spray is required.

For example a 3 piece suite average size I litre of mixed Micosplitters?

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2004, 09:55:29 pm »
I hope you mean 1 litre of pre-spray containing the 10-16:1 mix. ::)
Or do you mean 1 litre of MS in a 10 - 16 litre sprayer for a 3 pc  ???..............now THATS over spray :o

Alan_Harrison

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2004, 09:59:31 pm »
Opinions please on the use of heat with Microsplitters.
Spray on cold or hot?
Extract cold or hot?
Any benefits or problems?

Alan
Cleaning and restoration of Oriental Rugs, kilims and tapestries.
http//www.olneyrugs.com

Dynafoam

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2004, 10:12:18 pm »
Ian,

I have just cleaned a suite - 1 x 3, 1 x 2 & 1 x1 + 5 scatter cushions. I mixed up 1ltr of 1:16 and did not use it all. That's less than 62.5 ml of micro-splitter  :D

John.

Dynafoam

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2004, 10:18:23 pm »
Alan,

I am sure you are aware of the value of heat in cleaning with conventional chemicals, and the same applies to these products.

I mix micro-splitters with hot water but in reality it probably makes very little difference since the very fine mist-spray cools before reaching the fibres.

I rinse at the maximum temperature appropriate the the item being cleaned.

John.

Alan_Harrison

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2004, 10:27:21 pm »
John's reply comes like a striking cobra as usual. Thanks John. Any other coments chaps?

What about the use of water softeners do they have any bearing on Microsplitters?

Alan
Cleaning and restoration of Oriental Rugs, kilims and tapestries.
http//www.olneyrugs.com

Dave_Lee

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2004, 11:37:26 pm »
John,
I have problems finding a decent sprayer that gives a good mist for more than a few jobs. What sprayer do you use on suites and carpets and what size jets.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Dynafoam

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2004, 01:10:33 am »
Dave,

The Orion Pro Upholstery sprayer is a superb bit of kit.

It comes with a spray gun with instant shut-off trigger and a fine vee-jet. With practise you can get the right distance to cover a cushion from edge-to-edge with a single pass and a single pump-up can last for a whole suite. The gun is attached via a generous coiled hose.

Available from A&M at Watford  ( http://www.aandmcs.co.uk/ ) and from World of Clean (link via Cleantalk).

On carpets I use a own-build electric sprayer with adjustable jet.

John.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2004, 10:57:40 am »
Chris I mean the mixed amount 1 in 8.

On the amount John did Yesterday I did a similar suite and used 1.5 litres mixed.
at 1 in 8  did I overkill

Cleaning Services

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2004, 12:44:12 pm »
Hi,

Excuse me for been naive but not been in the carpet cleaning industry was wondering what are microsplitters,where can you buy them and how much they cost?
I have been asked if i would be able to clean some sofas in these offices i clean and wondered if these would help.

Thanks,

MARK

Dynafoam

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2004, 01:03:29 pm »
Ian,

I think some degree of overkill did take place.

Try 1:16 - not just to save on chemical cost - you will find that cleaning results actually improve.

The amount of diluted product used may also have been slightly excessive - the aim should be to uniformly dampen the fabric only to the extent that the fabrics' absorbancy can easily retain all the liquid applied.

Some have mentioned a 'stronger' mix for head-marks. My own preferance is to lightly mist stuborn hair-gell etc with Eco Spotter prior to the general pre-spray, then agitate with a cotton towel, turning as required. A further light application of the general pre-spray may very occasionally be required if the towell over-dries the fabric.

John.

Dynafoam

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2004, 01:06:03 pm »
Mark,

This has been so frequently answered here that the search facility will provide a more complete answer than anyone would be prepared to type in in one go.

John.