This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pwcleaning

word of warning
« on: January 23, 2007, 09:27:36 pm »
Ive only just started in the window cleaning game. I done a little canvassing myself but in the end i decieded to go to a company which canvasses new rounds.

I spoke to the company which told me they charge double the monthly income of the round. ( which i thought was good compared to other companies )

I only asked for £1000 of work as i could put the other work i had with this. They come back with a figure of £1750 to pay. Which i was pleased with.

It only took a couple of days and they handed over a book with all the address in. The problem started when they left and i looked through the book....

Some of the address were incomplete or writing i couldnt understand. A few people have cancelled ( which was expected )

The worst.....  I cleaned someones house today but they werent in. When i went back tonight they told me they didnt have a window cleaner and didnt want one. So i called some of the other people on the list and one told me that the address was wrong and they never actually agreed to have the windows cleaned in the first place.

I still owe them £100 but with a loss of £75 ( Which could be more ) What do you think i should do?

Mike_G

Re: word of warning
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:33:45 pm »
Speak to them see what they say it might be a genuine error, and pay for the work the have got you but no more than that.

niceandclean

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:16:00 pm »
What my canvassing company does is book the new work in for me when they are signed up. I give them the days for the following week that i can do and they just book it all in for me. I try and have a whole day, like a sat to just do all the first cleans. They also get the householders mobiles and where they can the email addresses. Not had any problems so far, touch wood.

eddie d

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:31:18 pm »
who do you use niceandclean?

niceandclean

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 10:45:17 pm »
Round builders, i got there details off here about 4 months ago, all women ( very fit as well i must say :) ) canvassing team. Had no problems with them, get a list by email of all the customers they have signed up with all there details and the special requirements, what access is like at the property ect ect, and what the customer is like, if you know what i mean??

chrismroberts

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 11:49:08 pm »
Hmmm... the being "very fit" no doubt helps when canvassing. Not that I'm saying us blokes are shallow  :P If only I was "very fit"... LOL

niceandclean

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 11:53:42 pm »
Hmmm... the being "very fit" no doubt helps when canvassing. Not that I'm saying us blokes are shallow  :P If only I was "very fit"... LOL

Ha ha, well i have only met the boss and another, very pretty women! So i suppose that does help!

seanmcshane

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 06:23:52 am »
sounds like doorknockers to me by the pricing. They have a good reputation and as far as I know, they replace any customers who drop out or change their mind so they should do the same where a mistake has been made.
Give them a call.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 07:19:04 am »
sounds like doorknockers to me by the pricing. They have a good reputation and as far as I know, they replace any customers who drop out or change their mind so they should do the same where a mistake has been made.
Give them a call.

I think I remember these ladies advertising their service on here.  I may remember wrongly but if I am correct, they once worked for or were trained by doorknockers but ended up branching out on their own.

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 09:51:27 am »
Does anyone have doorknockers details as I would be interested in some more work.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 10:16:24 am »
Does anyone have doorknockers details as I would be interested in some more work.

According to an online business directory it is:-

07862 271852

http://www.doorknockers.4t.com

The website doesn't seem to be loading at the moment.

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 10:57:34 am »
Do you have the details for the women who do the round building as well please?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 03:39:06 pm »
Do you have the details for the women who do the round building as well please?

Sorry.  No I don't.

niceandclean

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 05:54:40 pm »

I think I remember these ladies advertising their service on here.  I may remember wrongly but if I am correct, they once worked for or were trained by doorknockers but ended up branching out on their own.

Gemma from round builders told me that she did work for Paul for 2 weeks, her ex boyfriend also did some work with them.

Central, the woman's name is Gemma, there email is roundbuildersuk@hotmail.com and her mobile is 07704 187580. I have not used doorknockers or any of the others, but i can vouch for round builders, top priced work, i get mails of the customers at the end of every night with special instructions attached, what the customer in her opionion is like. I have not had one cancel yet in the 4 months i have been using them, but she will replace if need be. And like i said, fit girl, ha ha!! ;D

pwcleaning

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 06:00:50 pm »
I spoke to the company. They didnt really want to know :(
Failed to tell me the times and date of all the work >:( I keep getting phone calls of people asking why i didnt show up today :(

niceandclean

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 06:03:58 pm »
Well thats what your paying for isnt it??
Who is the company that you are using?

pwcleaning

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 06:26:22 pm »
i know, wish i had used another company now :(

I thought that it was a good price. I suppose you get what you pay for.

Some companies i spoke to asked for four times the monthly income. I was trying to start on a budget.

learnt my lesson now though :(

Fast 1 *

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 06:35:18 pm »
who were they?
wildstyles

pwcleaning

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 07:00:05 pm »
I dont think I should say at the moment. They may have lost me money but I don't want to do the same to them.
If things don't work out I might reconsider the window cleaning business, I wanted to earn money not lose it, and this has left me out of pocket.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 07:47:33 pm »
put it down to experiance mate

Have you got much out of it?
wildstyles