This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pwcleaning

Re: word of warning
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 05:27:19 pm »
How much do you charge (roughly)

This has left me out pf pocket. Had plans to replace the money i had spent on setting up costs back in a few months but now i havent got the work.

niceandclean

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2007, 05:39:59 pm »
So who was it?? The only companies i know are door knockers, round builders and round developers?

KarlJones

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2007, 06:12:04 pm »
well I think we have all figured out who it was. by process of elimination.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

steveaqua

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2007, 06:14:10 pm »
who is it then Karl or am i just thick! ;D

pwcleaning

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2007, 06:26:02 pm »
 ;)

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2007, 06:27:13 pm »
Thats them off my list :o
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2007, 06:30:48 pm »

Have a look on my website PWcleaning for pricing, im only down the road from you. Sorry to hear you were

dealt with badly.   

pwcleaning

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2007, 06:43:04 pm »
I've been on your website, looks really impressive. I'd like to take up your services, perhaps in a month or so once I've got a bit more sorted financially and settled with the work I have.

How flexible are you with payment? The other company was £100 deposit and the rest in cash upon handing me the work.

KarlJones

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2007, 07:45:54 pm »
{quote]It was 'w.com' They seemed friendly and geniune enough but the finsh product was poor.

Nice one mate!  By doing this you have saved other window cleaners some money. 
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2007, 08:17:07 pm »

Thanks PWcleaning, dont take any money up front but ask for full payment on handover of computer

sheets whch gives as much information as possible, regarding access issues and things like loose

dogs running around in the garden, last thing you want is a Rottweiller greeting you without         

a warning! 

Did that firm you used not give any guarantees as to the legitimatcy of the work they found

you? 

niceandclean

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2007, 08:20:51 pm »
Yes well done P.W. You should not have to pay anyone up front for a round though, only pay when you have all the customers names and addresses in black and white. Agree terms and conditions and make sure you get that in writing also!

pwcleaning

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2007, 09:10:57 pm »
feel a little bit silly now, but trying to get it all sorted, me and my partner have slowly been trying to sort this mess out. been ringing around tonight, yet more people that didnt confirm and we pretty much had to sell it to some of them! which is what i paid them con artists for!  >:(

Hopefully by saying the company name no one else will be caught out.

Did that firm you used not give any guarantees as to the legitimatcy of the work they found you?

well the only guarantees have been addresses and phone numbers, but i trusted that it was all legit.

If anyone has any work around kent that they want to sell for a reasonable price i'd be interested

niceandclean

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2007, 09:43:18 pm »
Well you have done the right thing to name them. If you use another canvassing company make sure you call all of them and go with the one that you feel you can trust. They all do a test night, get them all to do a test night, meet all the people in person, look at the quality of work that they get you on the individual nights. Alot will tell you that they can get 200 plus worth of jobs a night, its not down to the quantity of the work they get, its the quality. As i am in no rush for alot of work in one go, i have them working a night or two every other week, but i get quality work, and so far have had no cancelations!!

pjulk

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2007, 12:08:32 am »
Paul i think you are probably thinking of me mate. I have never had any dealings with PWcleaning

Hi Rounddeveloper.

I will come clean i did think it was you but only as we were not told and you are the closest one to him.
But im glad you cleared that up and i bet i was not the only one thinking that also.

Im glad its not you as i may want some canvassing doing later this year and was thinking of you as your close to me.

Paul

pjulk

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2007, 12:18:53 am »
Hi PWcleaning

I dont know if you have seen Fast 1's post but he has £90 of work in higham going for £100 and will take you round an introduce you to the customers.

Paul

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2007, 02:47:19 pm »

Paul, im glad PWcleaning cleared that up and if either of you fellas want some work in the future 

please give me a call on 07773327155 and as im only in Bexleyheath i could come and have a chat

with you to see exactly what you are looking for to alleviate any fears you may have about the

service. Paul i also hope you get some good news about your health.

pwcleaning

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2007, 04:10:28 pm »
I will give you a call monday ;D

pjulk

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2007, 08:52:21 pm »
Hi rounddeveloper.

I will give you a ring soon just need to get find the right employee and sort my present work.

But i will be ringing thats guaranteed as i hate canvassing and will need some done before long if things go the way i hope.

I have kept your number.

Paul

pwcleaning

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2007, 01:35:43 pm »
I wrote an email to the company explaining the whole thing. I asked if we could keep things in writing (email) rather than talking over the phone.

I recieved an email back saying that they cant understand why this has happened and when was i going to send the £100 i owed them :o

They asked me if i wanted any other work of them they will do i a bit cheaper than normal :o :o :o

Do you think i have ground to go to a small clams court?

paul saunders

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2007, 01:58:45 pm »
Perhapse you should email them a link to this topic.............. then see what they have to say.  :o
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.