This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

niceandclean

Re: word of warning
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 08:15:09 pm »
I thought most of the round building companies charged twice the amount, unless you were selling an established round?

pwcleaning

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 08:17:23 pm »
yeah, ive got about £500-600 left. Ive got some in essex but i dont want to drive 40mins to get there, in the summer it will be ok because i can get the all finished in a day but at the mo it takes two day to complete :(

niceandclean

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 08:26:04 pm »
Im a bit confused, so you have had a round built where you really didnt want it to be built?

pwcleaning

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 08:39:09 pm »
nah, i had a round built in my area, but most have cancelled or dont ant a window cleaner. The work in essex which is 40mins away was some previous work i already had. I dont mind the drive to do the work, its collecting the money if there not in.

niceandclean

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 08:46:47 pm »
Oh right, sorry. I have never collected money after a clean, i either get the customer to leave the money out or pop a sae through the door for them to post you the money. I would still keep on at the company that sold you the jobs, they are not being very fair. Which company was it? If you are looking for a company for the future, give round builders a call, Gemma will look after you!

ok cleaning

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 09:13:03 pm »
if someone has done wrong to you i think we sould all be awere of who and where they are from

KarlJones

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 11:44:49 pm »
I spoke to the company. They didnt really want to know Sad
Failed to tell me the times and date of all the work Angry I keep getting phone calls of people asking why i didnt show up today Sad

So let us get this right.  They built you a rubbish round and on top of that did not tell you where half the places were.  No proper contact details either.

If they were bothered about you telling us their name they would have sorted your problem out.  But they are not bothered, they must not care what you say or to whom you say it to. so tell us.

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

pwcleaning

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 12:36:37 pm »
called another house today to confirm the time and date which was worth £120.

The answer i got was 'sorry we never aranged anything we were just given a quote' ???

pjulk

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 12:43:49 pm »
Did you get anything in writing because if it was me i would be taking them to small claims court.

Because to me thats classed as theft.

Paul

niceandclean

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 01:06:43 pm »
Did you get a reciept for the money you have given them, and what the money you were giving them was for? I get a reciept with all the customers details on, so i know what jobs i have paid for! I think you should name the company, just in case someone else gets caught out!!

steveaqua

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 01:27:31 pm »
called another house today to confirm the time and date which was worth £120.

The answer i got was 'sorry we never aranged anything we were just given a quote' ???
sounds like you've been ripped off! i wouldn't take to kindly to that.

i think you should give out the name of the company, even if there are two sides to the storey it gives people awarness of people in our industry so that if they go to use them they can tread carefully before the same happens to them.

come on let us know i think its the sensible thing to do ;)

Fast 1 *

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 03:26:21 pm »
i know who it was.

I met the lad today,to sell some work to him

wildstyles

pwcleaning

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 03:34:56 pm »
I did get a reciept for the money with both of their signatures on.

Taking them to court would cost me even more money :(

im just working out how much money i gave them to what work i have got left. They work on a basis of double the monthly income, but they cost me under that? i gave them cash, it was £100 short, they asked me to put the money in there bank account tomorrow ???

J. Deans

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 03:55:55 pm »
Hi James,

Don't worry about the cost of going to court too much (as long as you are sure you are in the right) From what I can gather about the value of your claim, it will cost you somewhere in the region of £100. (which you get back when you win)

Go to: https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

A recent post I made in RE: Getting Paid:

I was owed £720 from one contractor since last May.
Put my claim in online in October (cost £80)
3 days later got call saying "there was no need to do that!"
Recieved cheque about a week after that (including £80 costs)
Withdrew claim - quick and simple!
Still cleaning for them - but payments always on time now!

Another contractor was 2 months late in paying £1,630 owed.
Simply called them to let them know I had filed the claim online and would submit it in 7 days.  Cheque within the 7 days!
Awesome!

pjulk

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2007, 04:01:24 pm »

Fast 1 is it someone who lives fairly close to our area's and has posted on here a few time but has not posted for a week or so.
and is not a regular on here

Trying to work out who it is.

Paul

J. Deans

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2007, 04:02:35 pm »
Oops!
Link not working!
Investigating.

Fixed!

pjulk

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2007, 04:12:58 pm »

Fast 1 *

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2007, 04:15:54 pm »

Fast 1 is it someone who lives fairly close to our area's and has posted on here a few time but has not posted for a week or so.
and is not a regular on here

Trying to work out who it is.

Paul
I think there from Southhampton.I am such a grass ;DThats all im gonna say
wildstyles

pjulk

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2007, 04:17:25 pm »
Not who i was thinking of then

Paul

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 05:06:35 pm »

Paul i think you are probably thinking of me mate. I have never had any dealings with PWcleaning

and by the sounds of it, i bet he wishes he did.

I guarantee my work and replace any jobs that cancel up to 2 cleans. Ive just finished building

a round in Milton Keynes for a satisfied firm and strive to meet peoples requirements.

Anyone who wants to deal with a professional canvassing firm please feel free to contact me.