Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleaning co

the internet
« on: November 21, 2006, 11:36:26 am »
hi , who on here really thinks the internet works for carpet cleaning ?   the reason i ask is i hav never had a call from a custy finding me on the internet, my details are on loads and loads of free listings plus the tomweb yell btinternet ,  now if i use the main seach engines  by putting say  carpet cleaners braintree or essex et etc  which i persume most custys in my area would put, i normally come up about 10 times on the first page it brings up with say google  etc  etc    but i never get a call , if anyone says they get calls of the internet could they shed some light as to y i dont
gary

fletch

Re: the internet
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 01:46:33 pm »
Hi yah matey,
Ive got the  yell.com link and have built my own web pages, from this in the 3 months I've been trading I've earned about £600 from it which is not that bad?thats also the time I've been carpet cleaning aswell.

I hope this helps you, if you want to build your own website use 123reg.com which is straight forward to do and about £85 in cost's where you can update it when you want.
                                         Regards,
                                             Fletch.
DIVIDE & CONQUER

cleaning co

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 02:20:25 pm »
hi , think u missing my point what i am saying is i come up throgh search engine so people can c me but i get no calls  even when i had a web page it came up top on the seach for cleaner in my area but i still didnt get any calls , what iam trying to find out is do people really use the web if they want a carpet cleaner? i cant c it myself if they can c my details when they search or if they search they still dont phone in my ex with the web
gary

Liahona

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 03:14:55 pm »
Gary, we have had differences of opinions but that aside I mean this with nothing but helpful critisism. If I was looking for a cleaner and saw your website I wouldnt use you or call in the first place. It is so full of bad grammer for one and also one of the first pictures is obscuring the copy under neath. It is a different site I see now from the one you had before but it isnt much better. It doesnt really say how you do what which I think is important. In fact it doesnt say anything at all really. I am just about to put my web site into www. land and if anything maybe I say too much. But not to say anything I think is a mistake. I know I am after a different clientelle than you are but as you are finding, the site as it is, isnt getting any clients.

Liahona

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 03:18:19 pm »
oooops, I hope this helps, from what I gather a lot of people get a lot of work from the internet. I hope it ends up the same for you. My aim with my site is for it not to be found on the internet but for me to send those I want to see it to indeed do so. So maybe other people can comment as maybe I am not the best person to do so. Also I havent used the net yet. Best, Dave.

Dusty

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 03:28:53 pm »
The testimonial on the home page looks like a fake as it has the same bad grammar as "u" own paragraph underneath. This sort of bull would definitely be a very loud warning bell to most.

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 03:39:36 pm »
Hi Gary,

I get one or two inquiries a week on average from my website. I would say you do need to do some work on the grammer and as already said the lay out needs some improving. Hope you don`t see this as jumping on the band wagon!

Regards Rob.

paul bruce

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 03:44:19 pm »
How did you manage to get a testimonial from Judy Fenton Menlo park California?

Few points ,when you press the link to contact you on the contact us page it comes up in big red letters that cannot find the address ,very off putting.Fair enough your phone numbers are there but why not get an email link also direct from site.
These also are some of the reasons that web not working for you, but as Liahona touched on direct your site to potential customers by stating your web on leaflets and adverts and van, i for one often make a note of web sites from such things and research the company before contacting.

Only tryng to assist.

Paul ;)

Robert Watson

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 03:44:30 pm »
Hi Gary,
Dave just beat me to it, your not selling. You have to sell it from the home page.
It works very well for me. I cover Edinburgh, it has a population of about 500,000
much less then this would probably not work very well.
What is the population of Braintree?
By the way I cant find your site when I search for "carpet cleaners in Braintree" but maybe I`m missing some thing. Also your coding is not right, there is no mention of Braintree or Essex on your home page code.
To make it work, you still have a lot of work to do, if you have the sufficient population.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Rab.
The Kitchen Door Centre

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 03:49:49 pm »

Gary,

Your 'grammer' is poor, but at least you can spell. ;)

cleaning co

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 03:57:20 pm »
lol    just to put the record right i havnt got a web site on the web !!   the link on my profile is just a freebie test site !!!
i am talking about all the free listings i hav  when someone looks for a carpet cleaner  if they ever use the web for this  ::)
p.s people (liahona   ::))   take bit more time to read the post proper might help in your responce lol

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 04:08:38 pm »

Gary,

I take back what I said about your spelling. ;D

I can't spell either, I blame it on dyslexia.

paul bruce

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 04:09:09 pm »
oops sorry Gary

Paul   :-X

Liahona

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 04:13:34 pm »
Gary, I think if anyone reads your post they would think you had a web site. After all it was the impression you were giving. And if it wasnt you are just contradicting your self with in the post. Your old web site was you as you had your van as a picture in it and the same applies as I have posted earlier and accordingly dont need to alter my response. Actually, yes I do, if you say you dont have a web site on the web then how the blazes are people going to call you. So what you are saying is no one is calling me even though I dont have a web site. Good luck mate, you are goinjg to need it. Best, Dave.

cleaning co

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 04:34:27 pm »
 look dave or whatever your name is    ::)  firstly i find u very rude and aggressive in your posts sometime,  if u read it proper my post says WHEN i had a web site,  second u dont need a web site for people to find u on a search on the web  if u hav loads of free listings !!  which i hav   , and as u hav no  exp in the web whatsever as u hav said yourself y are u trying to rubbish me ? my posts on this are meant for people who hav had a web site or free listings  to giv me thier opions on the internet
also the web page with my van was also never put on the net and was a test page  ,   but i did hav a proff made one about five years ago  thankyou very much
all the best dave or liahona   u obv had bad day mate 8)

benny d

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 04:53:27 pm »
Hi Gary,
Just to advise you that the "e" key can be found  between the "w" key and the "r" key, whch is just to the bottom right of the "3" key and the bottom left of the "4" key.  ;)
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Dusty

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 05:08:22 pm »
Garry,

All your free directory listings are advertising.

A website would be marketing your services if produced correctly. I’ve just googled you and you do have a good spread across the directory network but none of your listings tell me whether you are experienced or insured etc etc and they are amongst many competitors not stand alone. If someone is going to make the effort to do research on-line before employing someone...then they want answers and to feel that they know a little about you before making the call.

colin thomas

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 08:04:08 pm »
no disrespect but that is the worst web-site i have ever seen, bad spelling, bad grammar, why use a 'u' instead of 'you', who are you trying to reach, the blokes down the pub? get someone to look over it before posting something like that on the web, that has probably lost you a lot of business, and as already mentioned, when did you manage to pop over to america to that clean!!!
install the free google toolbar and there is a spell-checker that you can use for any typing you do.
 ;D ;D
colin thomas

BRSL

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 08:14:24 pm »
Gary going back to the original question ignoring the link in your profile, on google 7 out of ten links on the first page are either direct to my website and also the same as you all free or pay listings and it brings me nowt it works for some and not for others  :'( :'( :'(

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 08:20:06 pm »
Awwwwwwwwww jay don't cry mate  ;D