Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Geoff Jewkes

Re: the internet
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 08:21:27 pm »
Jay u get my text about HM custom and excise ? lol  ;D ;D

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 08:25:23 pm »
Being a bit of a Luddite in many ways, I don't feel the need for a website, or indeed advertisng in general (I'm in quite a big comfort zone as, for me, business is self generating)

Having said that, being an NCCA Member, I am listed on their website. Although I stopped counting the ££££'s on how much work I've had from it this year (I stopped at £2k) I would estimate that I have had in excess of £3,000 this calender year from the website.

So yes, the internet is a growing need for promoting your business. Consider it as a source of information for your prospects. It only provides you with a lead. You still need to sell your services.  The hard part is not the website, but getting Joe and Josephine Public to know about it, so you need to advertise your website, have links from any organisation you belong to, listed in your advertising, flyers etc. etc.

Safe and happy surfing :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

BRSL

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 08:26:55 pm »
yes Geoff what was that about finding fruit in your fuel tank cherries was it only joking  ;D ;D ;D

James

ps check your phone  ;)
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

supernova77

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 08:53:18 pm »
The days have now gone where people used to search on the Internet for a trade (i.e. carpet cleaning), find a "carpet cleaners directory" and then search through that directory to find a carpet cleaner.

What people want to find now is a companies website straight away without having to trawl through numerous directories.

To be honest I think being listed in free directories is a waste of time if you are relying on that alone to pull in business from the Internet.

If you are serious about being found on the Internet you need a decent website, and you need to market it properly online.

Andy

Dusty

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 10:28:09 pm »
Andy,

how do you market your website on-line?

I just put Farnham window cleaner in google and you didn't come up. I then googled your URL and there are no links, google couldn't find your site.

Web directories are very important to build your web presents as search engine logarithms place you site higher in the rankings when you have links from quality sites....but i agree that they are next to useless without a web-link to a site.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 10:39:07 pm »
Hi

If you look at the top of the web page you will find space to have more than just your company name.

If you search mine you will see that it has A Clean Touch, Camberley and Surrey plus Souronding area's.

Only changed to this a month ago and I got upto page 4 already, not grat but it works. Search Carpet cleaning Yateley on Goole and I am number 2.

It does work but takes time.

free listing are a waste of time.

Cheers

Neil

Neil Grainger

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 10:53:24 pm »
Gary

Why ask for advise if you dont listen, Same old same old with your comments. People make comments and you just sl.g them off.

Free listings dont work, People use the Web to get info and Free listings dont have any information so they move on.

ROSINA INVESTMENTS LIMITED

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2006, 11:12:53 pm »
excuse me neil !!!    I ASKED HOW GOOD PEOPLE THOUGHT THE WEB WORKED FOR THEM IF THEY HAD A FREE LISTING OR A WEB SITE    OF WHICH I HAVNT GOT A WEB SITE JUST FREE LISTINGS, THEN GOT TORN TO BITS OVER MY WEB SITE THAT I AINT GOT !!! ::) AS FOR U SAME OLD MATE PEOPLE ASK HOW THINGS WORK AN U JUST STEAM INTO THEM  U SUCH AN NICE BLOKE (NOT!!!)

I've only just joined this nice forum, but is this the norm?? Is this guy high on drugs or something?? or just depressed with life?? does he hate everyone??

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2006, 11:19:12 pm »
O dear, life must be very difficult for you. Take the 'chips' off your shoulder and life will be better for you, and be nice to people.  :)

Neil Grainger

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2006, 11:20:41 pm »
I didn't say anything horrible, you just jump down everybodies throat if they say something you dont like.

I thought you were off to Spain, Shame the forum got good without you for a while.

carpetguy

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 11:45:00 pm »
Gary

Calm down.....................few people read the entire post and often come to conclusions based on skimming postings

My answer to your original question, is.

I've had only one job from the internet which came from Bristol, although I'm in the West of Scotland

my site is very basic at the moment, but I plan to add information and direct  "price shoppers " to the site

good luck

robbie                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 10:36:39 am »
sounds to me like u got sack spuds on your head rosy dear , lifes very good for me  i just dont listen to people with hang ups like yours babe

neil buddy boy well what can i say    train spotter springs to mind !!

As you appear to be a rude obnoxious man, I have taken the trouble to read back on your previous posts which entirely says it all about you as a person. Every other post from you is a post attacking another member. There is little constructive comments at all. And, like the previous posts states, you where selling up to go to Spain a few months back, seems that all was 'pie in the sky'?? The owners of this board should seriously consider removing you from it, as you constantly cause offense and bad feeling amongst other posters.

Here is something for you to read and digest, a rule from another CF:-

No aggressive, personal attacks on someone just because of a disagreement with their point of view will be tolerated. Flaming is a cheap shot, the easy way out, and an immature & unintelligent way of "getting back" at another poster by simply being mean-spirited. It is used in lieu of intelligent, logical discourse because the flamer is incapable of intelligence and logic, so they fall back on a personal attack. 

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 10:44:08 am »
To answer your question on your post.

1. The web site looks unprofessional
2. There are bad spelling and grammar mistakes
3. There is no address for your business (a must if people are to even consider trusting you in their house)
4. Maybe customers read your postings on here and don't want to 'entertain' a character like you. If your aggressive with members then what are you like with your customers?

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 11:04:59 am »

It is essential to check spelling on business marketing, however I think good grammar less so, especially if you are very sophisticated in your marketing skills.

I think Gary is perhaps a little defensive and I think most people would be if they were accused of being uneducated.

supernova77

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 03:30:01 pm »
Andy,

how do you market your website on-line?

I just put Farnham window cleaner in google and you didn't come up. I then googled your URL and there are no links, google couldn't find your site.

Web directories are very important to build your web presents as search engine logarithms place you site higher in the rankings when you have links from quality sites....but i agree that they are next to useless without a web-link to a site.

Hi Dusty,

You are right my site isn't picked up by Google in the natural listings yet... It hasn't been online long enough to be picked up yet.

I am listed in a few online directories because I am aware this will help with my page ranking on Google etc... But I was saying that you won't be found by many potential clients just by being listed in free directories.

I use Google Adwords from time to time when I need to bring in some more business, and this has worked well in the past.

Andy

craigp

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 03:41:45 pm »
Rosina, still you missed Garys point, hes now said hundreds of times, its a mock website (not real, not live) it does not matter what the grammers like, blimey ive done some worst rough draugh advertising than that.

maybe its because Gary used to be in the building trade like me that i see hes just winding you all up, dont take it to serouisly. some of you lot would have a hard time in that game, so easy a wind up! lol.

i find his posts entertaining. ;D

Neil Grainger

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 05:23:08 pm »
CRaig

Dont mind a wind up but the guy sends personal attacks to your private e-mail address, that whats happened to me last night.

I maybe should not have retaliated against his mails but he is out of order.

I dont mind a wind up but this is way beyound that.

We all want happy fun people on here and some straight talking but sometimes with Gary this does not happen. Personal attacks are way past the mark.

stains-away

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 05:35:11 pm »
Personal attacks are way past the mark.

If I give you my mother in laws email address can you tell her that?  ;D

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2006, 12:25:21 am »
well i say this is getting a bit stroppy :o :o :o

cleaning co

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2006, 05:50:47 am »
lol neil get it right u started it by sending me an email calling me a pxxk!!!
so i just played along with your game , then i agreed to stop and blow me u carry on posting !!!    the mind boggles  ::)
all best ,your freind and fellow carpet cleaner  :D
  gary  xxxx :-*
p.s rosy , are u some sort of therpist ?  lol ;D