Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris R

Re: dave ingram and the woodbridge t/m upgrade
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 11:12:59 pm »
On a slightly different note,,,,,,,,,,,, have you noticed how the secondhand value of ( most) truckmounts is so much lower these days, since Woodbridge started selling the Pro mount range?

Think about it.

Why pay £9000 for a 3 year old hydramaster Boxer / Prochem Legend, when £8500 will get you a brand new Pro mount 20 ( with 12 month warranty) ?

Even if you might have your doubts about the Pro Mount range, the choice of buying new, with a warranty, or buying used, with none, is really a NO BRAINER !

regards
Chris
Staffordshire

Phil Marlor

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2006, 11:29:35 pm »

NO BRAINER !

regards
Chris

There's a few of them on here!

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

cleaning co

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 04:56:21 am »

NO BRAINER !

regards
Chris

There's a few of them on here!

Phil
yes spot on phil, u dont need many brain cells to be a carpet cleaner !!!

craigp

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2006, 08:35:51 am »
Chris what im on about, mate, is you say you saved 4k, i yes i know you had no problems, but you getting spanners out to make upgrades to get it up a standard spec any decent TM.

Chris R

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2006, 08:48:09 am »
Hi Craig

You must have missed my earlier posting mate,

Quote ......I spent £50 with Dave and got all of the "extras" that I need to make life that bit easier, so I am still £3950 better off for having a Woodbridge

For that £50 spent on what you call " upgrades" I now have a machine with the full spec that I want.

The boxer / legends do not come with the ability to dump water into the waste or fresh water tank, its an " extra" that you have to pay for.

I don’t think that they have a ball cock fitted into the fresh water tank to switch the water off when filling up the tank? That’s another "extra" for the boxer or legend?

Best thing for you mate would be to see a truckmount in use, you would then perhaps better understand how they work and then you would be better placed to pass judgement on what makes a good or bad truckmount?

At the moment you obviously haven’t got the foggiest idea what you are talking about !  ;)

regards

Chris
Staffordshire

craigp

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2006, 09:00:18 am »
well, it is complicated stuff! dumping into fresh tank=cant see the point as your heating fresh water, you cant do that for long, so i wouldn't bother with that, besides i have a 70 gollon tank.

ball cock on fresh water tank? whats wrong with over flow? did yours not come with one? 

ps. my point was the long list of mods that carpet clean posted that need to be made, not the couple you made Chris, i only refered back to you as you qouted me for saying i rather spend 2k more for one that i not got fiddle with.

BRSL

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2006, 03:36:27 pm »
I realy dont want to get into this tosh to me it's simple "you get what you pay for" but I do want to coment on the float switch in the water tank, I did have the choice with my boxer to have one infact to be correct I requsted not to have one, ive worked with truck mounts for ten years now so know a little what im talking about, the problem is this I use hoselock conectors to fit to indoor taps as often as i fit to outside taps "then i go direct fill" and when the tank is full it would build up pressure in the pipe and blow the fitting off the tap and flood the place so for this reason I was more than happy with an over flow, not having an overflow is just madness  ???
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Matt Read

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2006, 05:43:30 pm »
I've had my prochem blazer xl  about a month now and am very happy with it.I almost went with woodbridge but cancelled my order when they couldn't be bothered to contact me about the fitting of it.They kept £50 quid of my £1000 deposit for cancelling(or should that be stole?) but it sounds like the wisest £50 quid i've spent in 12 years !
Matt

carpetclean

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2006, 05:48:09 pm »
CAN I PLEASE APOLOGISE  for a misleading thread. I  thought I was doing people a favour by saying dave ingram was available to make life easier for people with t/ms. as i understand it he is offering to add certain fittings that DO NOT come as standard OR EXTRAS  but in fact will help the likes of me have an easier life. i will have  a choice of a live feed. a choice of  diverting the dumped water to the clean or dirty tank . quick connects will be fitted to make things easier in a few places. none of these come as standard i believe on most t/ms . . also one of the reasons the woodbridge t/m is cheap is because john chooses not to add certain extras that other companies would charge £4k plus for. and if its going to cost me £50 to have  a few extras put on i am not going to complain about it.  
 if you think about it if you have a wand and buy a glide to make life easier would you call that wand rubbish  without the glide !?  the t/ms woodbridge sell are in my opinion very good value . I'm certainly not paying £4k more for a few fancy numptys that may or may not necessarily work.
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

rambly

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2006, 07:13:52 pm »
Apologies if this seems a daft question.

Who are Woodbridge and do they have a website?

:-[
Remember the 8th commandment:
Thou shalt not steal - Gordon Brown hates competition.

craigp

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2006, 08:49:30 pm »
http://www.wcsuk.com/

they are a good company in that there probally the only price competitive carpet cleaning supplier,

eg. 3 stage vac motor from alltec = £120   woodbridge = £50

rambly

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2006, 09:38:24 pm »
Thanks  :)
Remember the 8th commandment:
Thou shalt not steal - Gordon Brown hates competition.

Chris R

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2006, 08:42:40 am »
A photo of one of the optional extras that Dave could fit for you.
Staffordshire

Mike Halliday

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2006, 12:24:01 pm »
I hope he's got a good drill bit,  that stainless steel will take will take some drillin' on 6 tanks

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

PaulKing

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2006, 02:30:29 pm »
definatly a good idea to have a sight tube on your tank. handy thing with the restomate plastic tanks is it is it's own sight glass as you can see the water in thier.

Good idea with the upgrades and maybe the manufacturers will incorperat them in the next batch?
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

cameron

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2006, 07:25:14 pm »
I have  a 15 hp panther which I imported in  2001  (back when the only other panther in the uk, a 20 hp one, was owned by the brother of  the manufacturer.)
I would say that anyone buying one of these from woodbridge is getting a good value machine with the backup that wasnt available when I got mine. Even without a uk distrubuter at the time, I found mine to be  staightforward to operate, reliable, easy to work on and get bits for.
If Dave can do a few cost effective upgrades to make them better thats great for everyone.

CHRIS R 
I am a bit puzzled about the "spinning disc " on the front of yours, because mine doesnt have one.
The Kohler engine (yamaha) is right at the front and has no exposed moving parts

Cameron

the red carpet

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2006, 09:50:46 pm »
Since speaking to woodbridge the other day i think most of the t/m's there selling now have at least a few of these features on them, and they done the water dumping divert thing for me on mine. Also if you have there saddle tank as opposed to the submount you can see the water level fine i think any new ones have a sight on the submounts as well.

Phil Marlor

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2006, 09:28:02 pm »
I've had my prochem blazer xl  about a month now and am very happy with it.I almost went with woodbridge but cancelled my order when they couldn't be bothered to contact me about the fitting of it.They kept £50 quid of my £1000 deposit for cancelling(or should that be stole?) but it sounds like the wisest £50 quid i've spent in 12 years !

So you keep telling us Matt.
I'm so pleased you are happy with your Blazer, I really am!

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

carpetclean

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2006, 09:55:16 pm »
I have  a 15 hp panther which I imported in  2001  (back when the only other panther in the uk, a 20 hp one, was owned by the brother of  the manufacturer.)
I would say that anyone buying one of these from woodbridge is getting a good value machine with the backup that wasnt available when I got mine. Even without a uk distrubuter at the time, I found mine to be  staightforward to operate, reliable, easy to work on and get bits for.
If Dave can do a few cost effective upgrades to make them better thats great for everyone.

CHRIS R 
I am a bit puzzled about the "spinning disc " on the front of yours, because mine doesnt have one.
The Kohler engine (yamaha) is right at the front and has no exposed moving parts

Cameron

i looked on mine for exposed spinning parts and cant find anything
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

craigp

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2006, 10:33:10 pm »
some one said in an earlier post to buy a new truckmount over used was a no brainer, i tend to disagree, i bought this for £3,600 it had 2000hrs new engine and in tip top condition came with vac and sol reels vac and sol hose's, steel petrol tank with exterior filler. i'd recommend buying used just look around for well looked after examples.

PS. sight glass as standard.