Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craigp

Re: dave ingram and the woodbridge t/m upgrade
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 08:32:06 am »
your right Dave, i rather pay more and have a decent one, its only 1 or 2 more grand.

i got over flow on my clean tank that will drop the water out under the van if i accidently over fill.

the red carpet

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 09:49:12 am »
Its supposed to cut out when its full, and it was when i got it.

Only problem was once full if you left the tap on there would be a slight little drizzle down one side where the connector is but it wasnt the end of the world.

So i go back to woodbridge and they fit this thing on the top to let the air out when its full to stop the dripping.

But nobody thinks to tell me it lets the air and the water out ::) so im sitting eating my dinner while its filling, go back out and the vans flooded >:(

DANWCSUK

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 10:45:08 am »
Hi guys.

the adjustments being mentioned are just extras you can have if you choose to have them.
the machines do work perfectly well without these extras and as for it being fit for the purpose, well they seem to be doing the job they were meant to do.

Alot of people are happy to talk about all the problems they get with the machines but where are all the people talking about the good side, price,performance and size.
yes there are problems, but there are with everything, i cant believe anyone has bought anything that has been perfect, machines have a way of going wrong even if used the correct way, cars for instance always go wrong yet people still buy them without moaning about them.

lastly i will say that woodbridge machines are good machines, at the end of the day if you want to pay more than you need to for a machine thats twice the size and doenst offer more peformance then thats crazy. as for the problems people are having, i understand its annoying but we do correct them free of charge if informed at the time.
it's no good coming in and being happy to our faces then coming on here moaning, you know who you are........

cleaning co

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 12:27:09 pm »
is he talking to u red ?  lol

carpetclean

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 01:22:54 pm »
I  love my t/m and think they are good value regardless . john has always got back to me if i had problems when i first got it.
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

steve cardy

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 04:03:58 pm »
I  think anybody who decides to buy a product on just price is the crazy one.

jewell

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 04:05:09 pm »
hello Red
I have a pro 25 aswell i was the same as you
when i first got mine, it takes a little while to
get use to but once you do they make life ten
times easier, ive got over 900 hours on the clock
with out a problem.

I was working in the same building as a franchise  company with a spitfire. Thank god i brought a woodbridge T/M and dont take any notice of people who dont own a T/M because you yourself know the difference and they havent got a clue of what theyre talking about.....

Last of all you know that you have an excellent back up service at Woodbridge if you ever need it.

Cheers Steve

cleaning co

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 04:22:02 pm »
lol i hav used truckmounts and i hav used a woodbridge and also my mate brought a woodbridge and it spent more time in thier yard than out on jobs for first two years , examples of probs were batterys melting ! water tank allways leaking,catching fire, electrics allways going wrong ,pump not working heater not working etc etc etc  list was endless but hey firms and prouducts change and get better right ? ;)
imo and just mo for most carpet cleaners buying a truckmount is like buying a merc to just drive down a dirt track  :)

Phil Marlor

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 05:06:23 pm »
Hi guys.

the adjustments being mentioned are just extras you can have if you choose to have them.
the machines do work perfectly well without these extras and as for it being fit for the purpose, well they seem to be doing the job they were meant to do.

Alot of people are happy to talk about all the problems they get with the machines but where are all the people talking about the good side, price,performance and size.
yes there are problems, but there are with everything, i cant believe anyone has bought anything that has been perfect, machines have a way of going wrong even if used the correct way, cars for instance always go wrong yet people still buy them without moaning about them.

lastly i will say that woodbridge machines are good machines, at the end of the day if you want to pay more than you need to for a machine thats twice the size and doenst offer more peformance then thats crazy. as for the problems people are having, i understand its annoying but we do correct them free of charge if informed at the time.
it's no good coming in and being happy to our faces then coming on here moaning, you know who you are........

Dan,

I wouldn't bother talking to most of these people, some of the comments on here defy belief, I suggest they go back and live in their own little World.

Small minded and blinkered views comes to mind, they dont even read the 1st post correctly, when buying a car they obviously buy the top spec. with every optional extra available and if they did buy a car without air conditioning/ABS/CD player or whatever its a fault.

Cleaning Co, you talk nonsense, you dont say how old or what machine this was, pumps do eventually go, as do battery's, heaters etc etc, you will be telling me your machine has NEVER failed ever, if its old and done 1000's of hours, like a car it will need repairs eventually, show me any mechanical machinary that dosen't?

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

cleaning co

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 05:21:46 pm »
lol we join this forum to talk about exp ,eqp, etc to help each other ,express our own opions and take in others veiws and exp ,i say it as i see it and would not tell fibbs i would never tell anyone on here something i hav used is brill or thier service was great when it was crap  ,were here to help each other and debate our opions in our industry , if its black i say its black , and all for the good of my fellow carpet cleaners, god bless u all !! lol  8)
gary
p.s my fellow carpet cleaning freind  dan this machines was like this with faults ongoing from new, and yes i agree with u things go wrong with any eqp but this was a bad one, and i can name a few others with bad machines over the country which i hav and others hav dealt with ,and hav named them in the past, thats why we come on here to help each avoid buying bad prouducts or services, and would only express opions on goods and services that i now 100% true ,and i listen to other people who praise these goods as each and everyone of us hav diff exp ,so lets just listen to each other

Phil Marlor

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2006, 05:31:33 pm »
Ok, you go back to the Worlds No1 cleaning machine, "the Ninja". ;)

I will take your advise, if I ever see a Merc. broken down on the hard shoulder I will assume they are crap & never buy one!

Phil

Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

cleaning co

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 05:40:41 pm »
bless u my son for u av ad a bad day   i will take u down to the red lion watering hole and lager them demons out of u !! ;D
gary  p.s ok il buy lol

craigp

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 06:52:07 pm »
does not sound like upgrades though, its not like adding electric windows,
there things you should'nt need to do.

"optional extras" that is funny ;D

Chris R

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 07:48:49 pm »
your right Dave, i rather pay more and have a decent one, its only 1 or 2 more grand.

My woodbridge Pro Mount 20 was about £4000 cheaper than the equivalent  hydramaster boxer  ;D

I spent £50 with Dave and got all of the "extras" that I need to make life that bit easier, so i am still £3950 better off for having a Woodbridge  ;)

In the first month I had a few niggles, but everything is OK now, very pleased with my purchase.

Bit it does help if you have at least a basic understanding of mechanical things, for example, if your skills do not even stretch to being able to change vac motors and pumps on an electric portable, then DONT buy a truckmount !

Cheers

Chris
Staffordshire

craigp

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 08:08:25 pm »

Bit it does help if you have at least a basic understanding of mechanical things, for example, if your skills do not even stretch to being able to change vac motors and pumps on an electric portable, then DONT buy a truckmount !

that was meant to say 'Pro Mount truckmount' right?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006, 08:30:53 pm »
No such thing as the perfect TM, what Dave Ingram does is gets all the good ideas from other manufacturers and puts them all together but he will readily admit that there is no such thing as a perfect TM.

No matter what machine you have got Dave is very free and easy with his time to help all.

I've had niggles with my Boxxer, infact all 3 TMs I've had, so please listen THERE IS NO PERFECT TM.

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2006, 08:45:37 pm »
another thing about truckmounts.

companies who sell & make truckmounts, don't 'MAKE'  truckmounts they 'ASSEMBLE'  them.

they buy parts from suppliers and put them together. so if Woodbridge has an engine problem it is not their fault, it's the fault of Briggs & Stratton or Kohler, is Danials dump valve is knackered it is the fault of the company who made it not Woodbridges.

most of the downtime you get with T/M is caused by faulty parts and not the builder.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

craigp

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 09:35:43 pm »
woodbridge dont assemble them either, just install them.

no one thinks theres a perfect truckmount, but you cant say somes not more releiable and better spec than others.

Chris, yes you saved 4k but now you getting the spanners out.

John Kelly

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 09:40:35 pm »
Mike, on a technical basis you are right. However if you decide to distribute a product you do so on the basis that you become responsible should that product become faulty. The manufacturer will replace faulty parts (usually) but the distributor is responsible for the pickup/collection/delivery of the item and then the swapping of the said part and re-delivery to the customer. This all eats into the margin you have made by selling the item originally, not to mention customer dissatisfaction.
In view of this, if you are a distributor you want to make sure you do not sell lemons as to do so would mean you would make little or no profit on the items you have sold.

Chris R

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2006, 11:03:32 pm »
4 years ago I purchased my first ever new vehicle, a Vauxhall Vivaro van. Within the first 400 miles I had a problem with it and it had to go in for repair.

Its been fine ever since.

like they say, Shiiit happens !

Craigp ?

Not sure what your are on about mate ?

Quote .........Chris, yes you saved 4k but now you getting the spanners out.

After a few niggles in the first month I have had no problems with my machine, so why do you say that I am getting the spanners out?

Do you even own a truckmount, or have the faintest idea how they work ?  :(

£4000 is a lot to me, I got a good deal and made a big saving  ;D

regards

Chris
Staffordshire