Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpetclean

dave ingram and the woodbridge t/m upgrade
« on: October 25, 2006, 06:15:08 pm »
 have spoken to the godlike figure Dave Ingram who after a lengthy discussion has offered to come down from the midlands to wood bridge and offer six [ 5 now] lucky owners of the panther truck mounts for upgrading that will help prevent certain problems from developing . this will include the following

1 adapt all plastic ball valves which could implode through high temperatures. this will prevent the truck from flooding.
2 adapt the dump valve to allow a choice of either dumping in to the waste tank, the fresh water tank or direct to the street. [ bearing in mind this is fresh water]

3 fixing a live feed to the front of the tank so that if you was unfortunate enough for your feed pump to go [ and it will in time] whist half way through a job it will allow you to put a hose direst to the tank and carry on working.

4 Fit a sight gauge on the front of the fresh water tank if you have a sub mount so you can see the water level

5 re - wire the pump switch to the ignition and solve spilling problems as you cant forget to switch off

6 fit some quick fit connectors to the pump and a few other minor adjustment and improvements.
if you are interested then please contact me either by email or ring me on 020 8661 2262 and book a place for sometime in November probably a Saturday
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

gwrightson

Re: dave ingram and the woodbridge t/m upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 07:45:07 pm »
Are you infact saying that their are inherrant faults with the panther t/m  ;)

is it something thst every owner should have done, looking at your post it would appear so!
but you seem to be calling it an upgrade :-\

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Chris R

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 08:18:22 pm »
Hey Dave  :D

You doin all this for FREE mate  :o

I would just point out that Dave is in NO WAY connected with Woodbridge.

He gets no commission or payment for all of the help and advice that he gives to (all) truckmount users.

Hes just a good bloke, who is Shiiiiiiit hot on everything to do with truckmounts !  ;)

regards

Chris

ps  Daves already done most of that to my machine  :P
Staffordshire

Phil Marlor

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 08:23:12 pm »

Count me in, I have most of those options done, but I would like a sight gauge fitted and to spend the day with a few others.

Red Carpet, you should get yourself down there, I promise you will learn loads and if there's any questions you need to ask they will be answered.

Phil.

Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

mark_roberts

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 08:24:28 pm »
Dave is the man.  Made some good improvements to the Boxer when I last seen him about this time lastyear.

Shame the Woodbridge machines dont come with some of these basic requirements but then it is cheap.

Mark

the red carpet

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 09:06:54 pm »
Let us know when, and if i can be there i will even if its just to put names to some faces and have a chat with some of you guys

Pete, or Dave
Im not clear from the post what it is your actually planning
Is there a charge for these upgrades? or is this something your just doing? If there is a charge whats it gonna be? and who's gonna pay for it to be done if they are faults shouldnt Woodbridge be doing them all.

Ps, i actually got on a bit better with mine today and actually managed five jobs without it cutting out once
and she earned me a grand total of £430.70 ;D very pleased, best day yet i think

Phil Marlor

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 09:25:38 pm »
Just to let people know, these are not faults just optional extras.
I think there is a small charge, Dave will advise.

Red, why dont you include your name?

Phil

Stevenage, Herts

NigelD

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 09:37:50 pm »
Pete

Are these inherrent problems in Woodbridge machines?

If the 1st five need them addressing then surely they all do !

I'm about to order my 1st truck mount and this looks like big problems.

Have I misunderstood?

Nigel

the red carpet

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 09:39:55 pm »
If i knew what it was gonna cost and if it would actually make a difference to me i would, iv not got a subtank so i can see my water level allready im gonna get woodbridge to sort out the dumping before then and to be honest i dont understand most of the rest ???

As i say if i know when it is i will probably pass through anyhow as Woodbridge is only ten minutes away for me, and im allways popping through there for chems and bits so if i know all you guys are there i will pop past to fill up with chems and say hello anyway.

While iv got the attention of a few panther owners,

What temps and pressures do you guys usually run at? and how far do you turn the engine up?
Iv had the engine just over half up today, temp about 105 and pressure at about 350psi, does that sound about right day to day?

the red carpet

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 09:41:22 pm »
Also, if this is nothing to do with Woodbridge, wont all this playing about void our warrenties?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 09:45:39 pm »
these are little thing that will make life easier ( apart perhaps for the pump switch) they are not inherent problems with the machine.

its like central locking on a car or electric windows, a nice touch but not totally necessary.

I wouldn't be put off buying a panther because of these little things.

concidering he's doing the modification at Woodbridge I can't see a warrenty problem.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

carpetclean

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 10:13:53 pm »
as mike pointed out none of these ' extras '  are problems that have been ignored the panther is a good buy  spending a few pounds on making life easier in my opinion is common sense .woodbridge are not liable to have them done. it will not effect the warranty .
dave is a very good man and is travelling down from the midlands . he will have a charge of £50 per machine plus parts , which in my opinion is cheap . 6 machines maximum as he does not want to be there until sunday

I will take you at your word phil and put you on my list
 so there is room for 4 more
 red my advice is to put your name down it will ensure an easier time in the summer when its hot and the water will be dumping twice as fast. also dave will ensure your t/m is running at its best.

NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Phil Marlor

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 10:14:40 pm »
Pete

Are these inherrent problems in Woodbridge machines?

If the 1st five need them addressing then surely they all do !

I'm about to order my 1st truck mount and this looks like big problems.

Have I misunderstood?

Nigel

Nigel, how can whether you have a sight gauge or not be a big problem, or a option to divert dumping water from waste to fresh water tank, or the option of using a live feed. The ball valve is simply filled with foam to prevent any water getting in, nothing to worry about.

Red (still dont know your name), why are you worried about a few quid if your earning £430.00 in a day?

You just can't help people sometime.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

the red carpet

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 10:32:15 pm »
Phil, Its Daniel
And to answer your question as im sure you know, taking £430 and earning £430 is a different kettle of fish mate.
If i was earning £430 a day i wouldnt be sat on here tonight i would be in a nice restaurant somewere or going down the pub or cinema or something.

But as someone whos grown there buisness im sure you understand that to get anywere you have to stick most of it back in to start with unfortunatly, but hey im looking to the future.

I spent a load on marketing good and bad over the first year, and thankfully im over the worst of that and im now allways busy. My next step now is to make my working life as easy as possible by having the right tools. So have just brought the t/m and so needed a new van to fit it in, then the van needed ply linning then iv put shelves in it, then i needed a ramp and warning signs iv just brought a in-line sprayer and a table to clean upholstery on you know how it is the list goes on and on. And theres still loads more i need, i havent even got the new van signed up yet.

Hey if its worth it i will have it, but as i say i def dont need 2 of the upgrades and dont really understand the rest, what are the benifits to me? Peter, you say it will make life easier, How please?

Im still getting used to the machine and finding my way round it, so find it hard to understand the benifit of a ball valve this or dump that, to be honest i dont understand half of it ??? if you ask me in a couple of weeks i will prob understand and want it all ;D

Chris R

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 11:06:19 pm »
I think that the water level sight gauge is now fitted standard on sub mount tanks, so reds already got it.

The plastic ball valves are prone to leaking, ( because of the high heat). Filling them with foam cures this problem. Woodbridge should really be paying for this. Its a problem that they know about, it will happen to your machine at some time.

A live feed should have been fitted standard on all machines. It wasnt on mine because the width of the van wouldnt allow for it, Dave found a way around it.

The other bits will just make life easier in the future.

More of a concern for me is the way that the engines got that " spinning disk" in the middle of it. I caught my arm on it today, took the skin right off !  >:(
It needs a guard of some sort fitting. What if someone gets their long hair caught in it?
Staffordshire

Phil Marlor

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 11:14:54 pm »
I think that the water level sight gauge is now fitted standard on sub mount tanks, so reds already got it.

The plastic ball valves are prone to leaking, ( because of the high heat). Filling them with foam cures this problem. Woodbridge should really be paying for this. Its a problem that they know about, it will happen to your machine at some time.

A live feed should have been fitted standard on all machines. It wasnt on mine because the width of the van wouldnt allow for it, Dave found a way around it.

The other bits will just make life easier in the future.

More of a concern for me is the way that the engines got that " spinning disk" in the middle of it. I caught my arm on it today, took the skin right off !  >:(
It needs a guard of some sort fitting. What if someone gets their long hair caught in it?

I agree about the disk Chris, if someone caught their hair in there it would rip their head off!

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

cleaning co

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 11:29:43 pm »
iam really shocked ,u spend thousands of pounds on these rtuckmounts and u are talking about 6 odd upgrades from new !
when u buy something new isnt it meant to be fit for the purpose it was sold ? these woodbridge machines dont sound it ! perhaps thats y they are so cheap ,but then again if u buy a brand new cheap skoda it will do what the sales rep says stop start and go,but u wouldnt expect to go home get u tools out to make it do these functions proper would u ? and if it had all types of problems that needed upgrades it be called a recall wouldnt it woodbridge?
remind me y woodbridge stoped selling their own truckmounts xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!   mmm thought so
gary

the red carpet

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 12:09:03 am »
Just tried filling mine with water for the morning, and its flooded the van >:(

cleaning co

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 01:02:37 am »
do they not hav a shutoff valve of somesort  on fresh water tank?

Liahona

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 08:27:32 am »
I have to agree with Gary. What nonsense to buy a truck mount and then have to fiddle around with it. The truck mount I use didnt need any fiddling with and as it has a fuel burner and not a sub-standard heat exchange doesnt need any water to go anywhere apart from to cleaning the carpet or whatever is being cleaned. Who is it that said you pay cheep and get cheep? Best, Dave.