This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Electric Hose reels
« on: February 07, 2023, 04:01:02 pm »
I have had the HD hose reels and have one at the moment and I find them fantastic for speed and ease of use,can anyone share their experience with  either of the  Pure Freedom or Grippa electric reels please and give an honest comparison.
Thanks

Stoots

Re: Electric Hose reels
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 04:30:23 pm »
The purefreedom one is just better. Better built and doesnt overspool mainly, i bought the xline one (same as the HD) just because i was being tight. But having used the purefreedom i should have got one. Not that the HD does anything wrong (apart fromt the overspooling) but its cheap in feel and looks in comparison.

Ive not tried the grippa but ive heard they are slow

Midge

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 05:01:14 pm »
I’ve had the Pure freedom reel for about 6 years now it’s never missed a beat

Ched

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 05:21:19 pm »
I bough the Pure Freedom one on Black Friday and fitted it over Christmas. It's very well built and works well. It doesn't overspool and I like the soft start and the auto shutoff when it gets badly snagged. It also have a Spring speed controller which is good but after an hour or so it went up to 99 and has been there ever since  :D
I looked at Grippatanks one and although it has a 2 year warranty, there where a few things that put me off, 1 of which was the lead time and it was only an estimate. Also their coupling seems like a brass hozeloc type swivel and I've never had one that didn't leak.
I did buy their through floor rollers and find they work well and seem strong with the 4 studs, although Pure Freedom have new floor rollers out very soon I think that look a bit more robust.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 05:29:44 pm »
The good thing about the HD reel is that its small...
I have seen the grippa  reels and they  are massive,  would take to much room up for my liking.

windowswashed

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 06:16:33 pm »
Bought the purefreedom one 2 years ago and going strong, can't fault it. Was a lot cheaper back then. silly prices now!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 06:27:13 pm »
My pure freedom one is coming up to 5 years old this spring.apart from the initial problem with the chain coming off during the first week it's never missed a beat since,never leaked and its been fantastic....

My only gripe is it's ridiculously heavy if I have to move it to get to my diesel heater.

It cost me £650 at the time but I think they are closer to a grand now.ill still buy another one when this one gives up the ghost
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 06:42:42 pm »
I say this because I have just had a Grippa one installed and it is ridiculously slow to reel in and even harder to reel out,that reel is being used for the fronts and side only as it’s just too much like very hard work to reel out any further I am not happy.

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 07:14:53 pm »
I say this because I have just had a Grippa one installed and it is ridiculously slow to reel in and even harder to reel out,that reel is being used for the fronts and side only as it’s just too much like very hard work to reel out any further I am not happy.

I nearly went for the grippa one but had heard they are slow. glad i gave it a miss then.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 07:26:11 pm »
All I can say is mine must be faulty pulling the hose out is like trying to pull Fred off of Rose West.

the king

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 10:30:47 pm »
The purefreedom one is just better. Better built and doesnt overspool mainly, i bought the xline one (same as the HD) just because i was being tight. But having used the purefreedom i should have got one. Not that the HD does anything wrong (apart fromt the overspooling) but its cheap in feel and looks in comparison.

Ive not tried the grippa but ive heard they are slow
the xline does look good and price is bang on I’m tempted to get one myself but the pf one sounds very good

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2023, 11:05:42 pm »
Pure freedom all the way avoid the other make like the plague

NWH

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2023, 11:34:47 pm »
It feels as if someone’s left the  hand brake on.

brianbarber

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2023, 11:35:32 pm »
Totally agree,
Had one ages ago, it was ridiculous  to reel out
And seriously slow,
These two issues negated the point of using a powered reel

Just upgraded to the 3D reel
Fantastic product
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

NWH

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2023, 11:40:01 pm »
Are you saying that you couldn’t do anything to improve it tbh I find it unusable I’m used to things that make my life easier ie Extreme poles Hot water etc,I can’t imagine reeling all 100 meters out time and time again and having to deal with that each job.

brianbarber

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2023, 11:40:10 pm »
My thoughts  after having a Grippatank  electric reel.

Had one ages ago, it was ridiculous  to reel out
And seriously slow,
Despite Oliver attending and making adjustments it was still unsatisfactory when used .
These two issues negated the point of using a powered reel
Also ridiculously heavy
And the stainless model had many sharp edges, easy to cut your hands  if not careful

Just upgraded to the 3D reel
Fantastic product

NWH

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2023, 11:43:02 pm »
I’ve got an HD reel on the other pump fantastic bit of kit,I was spending more time faffing pulling hose out today than working lol.

brianbarber

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2023, 11:47:06 pm »
Are you saying that you couldn’t do anything to improve it tbh I find it unusable I’m used to things that make my life easier ie Extreme poles Hot water etc,I can’t imagine reeling all 100 meters out time and time again and having to deal with that each job.
Happy to discuss via email
brianbarber33@aol.com

NWH

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2023, 11:47:58 pm »
Cheers m8

NWH

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2023, 11:51:22 pm »
Sent you an email Brian.