This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

First day back.....
« on: January 03, 2023, 09:05:47 am »
Even I don't fancy it today.... ;D

Grey,cold,wet and miserable weather....

A few extra pounds put on over Xmas and ive got used to lazy days eating lots of Xmas food....

Happy new year lads...
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

Re: First day back.....
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 09:06:37 am »
a record week already  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NBwcs

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 09:15:33 am »
Not a great start back for me, got to 1st job to find battery flat, and now its raining  and its a good job i bought some new  work trousers because I'd  have never have got into last years :).

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 09:24:55 am »
Even I don't fancy it today.... ;D

Grey,cold,wet and miserable weather....

A few extra pounds put on over Xmas and ive got used to lazy days eating lots of Xmas food....

Happy new year lads...

You're an inspiration Daz!  ;D

My first day back is tomorrow.
It's a game of three halves!

zesty

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 09:52:18 am »
Didn’t really take much time off myself, turned over £18,000 over the Xmas period.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 09:53:57 am »
Didn’t really take much time off myself, turned over £18,000 over the Xmas period.

Blimey! You're an inspiration too!

Tell us more.
It's a game of three halves!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 10:32:35 am »
Some of my guys went back yesterday and most starting today. Back on the 9th for me.

DJW

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 11:07:36 am »
I worked for half an hour.

My highest earning day this year so far!

deeege

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 12:09:58 pm »
My first day back and have finished already  ;D

A nice easy primary school cleaned in and out. Start back properly tomorrow.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 05:10:11 pm »
Got up chucking it down, didnt fancy it. First job controller wouldnt work, eventually worked out blocked filter on pump. Hose split on my 25ft pole so had to manged with my 18 all day as couldnt fix it. Broke a plant pot, she wasnt in so i superglued it together but it looks horrendous in about 4 bits haha.

Despite all that it was actually quite nice to be working, was getting bored to death at home

zesty

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 08:26:10 pm »

Blimey! You're an inspiration too!

Tell us more.

Hot water mate.

DJW

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 08:46:04 pm »
and that was just tips!

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2023, 09:10:43 pm »
Don’t start back until 16th after a month in Fuerteventura

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2023, 09:31:44 pm »
Got up chucking it down, didnt fancy it. First job controller wouldnt work, eventually worked out blocked filter on pump. Hose split on my 25ft pole so had to manged with my 18 all day as couldnt fix it. Broke a plant pot, she wasnt in so i superglued it together but it looks horrendous in about 4 bits haha.

Despite all that it was actually quite nice to be working, was getting bored to death at home

Neither did I fancy it. Wind was howling and driving rain. Noticed a local window cleaning company with several vans and employees cleaning windows on the Estate next to ours. Rather them than me.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2023, 11:07:39 pm »
Not starting back till next Monday!!😁
On which I'll be expecting a record day.
Start off by sticking the heated seats on. Steam the windows off on first job. Get a cancellation on second, but it won't matter as I always hated doing it anyway and as luck would have it, 10 new £50 clients will come running out into the street begging for my services. I'll return home by 2pm, £800 up with record post-xmas tips to boot. Mrs will be waiting for me all tackled up in 5-star lingerie and raring to go! Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri will be a repeat of Monday. 😎👌
Happy days
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2023, 11:35:11 pm »
Got to 1130am after cleaning 5 large houses(mainly in the rain!)and van wouldn't start.clicking and electrics going haywire... ;D
Had jump leads but no one around so phoned missus and she drove round and got me started then I went straight to Halfords for a new battery.

It took 2 of them an hour to change the battery as its in a  really awkward place on the newer connects,charged me for the wrong battery (then got the correct AGM stop/start battery) and couldn't give me a refund unless I had my card with me(used phone to pay)so had to nip back before 8pm and sort it...

Only good news is my van battery lasted 6 years before dying on me and the new one was only £152(5 Yr warranty)plus £27 for fitting which was worth every penny as its so awkward!

Even managed to finish my days work despite my mid morning hiccup... ;D
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2023, 11:42:16 pm »
Got to 1130am after cleaning 5 large houses(mainly in the rain!)and van wouldn't start.clicking and electrics going haywire... ;D
Had jump leads but no one around so phoned missus and she drove round and got me started then I went straight to Halfords for a new battery.

It took 2 of them an hour to change the battery as its in a  really awkward place on the newer connects,charged me for the wrong battery (then got the correct AGM stop/start battery) and couldn't give me a refund unless I had my card with me(used phone to pay)so had to nip back before 8pm and sort it...

Only good news is my van battery lasted 6 years before dying on me and the new one was only £152(5 Yr warranty)plus £27 for fitting which was worth every penny as its so awkward!

Should av took out a Halfords Premium membership, free battery fitting, 5% off battery, free MOT, £10 voucher😉

Slacky

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2023, 11:45:11 pm »
Currently sat at Saint Lucia airport. Be back in the morning.

Work Thursday hopefully.

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2023, 10:33:32 am »

That’s very cheap are you sure it’s a stop start one ? Usually they are around £250 upwards.

Bungle

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2023, 12:03:38 pm »

That’s very cheap are you sure it’s a stop start one ? Usually they are around £250 upwards.

The £152 battery was for his heated seats 👍
We look at them, they look through them.