This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: First day back.....
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2023, 05:36:37 pm »
Getting below 60 resting heart rate isnt necessarily a good thing depending on whats causing it.

Ive got a low resting heart rate also, usually in the 50s but also can get episodes of dizzyness with exercise due to blood pressure dropping too low

deeege

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2023, 05:57:17 pm »
From experience the step count on the fitbits should be taken with a pinch of salt. The Mrs wears one and last week managed to do 2500 steps whilst in the passenger seat on a 3 hour journey.  ;D

My Garmin is much more accurate though, currently on a 128 day 10k+ streak.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

deeege

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2023, 05:59:34 pm »

😀
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Slacky

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2023, 06:04:11 pm »
40 mins walking the dog clocks up 3500-4000 steps....

We are a lot more active than the general population that's for sure.. ;)

You'd have to run to achieve that kind of pace. It's certainly not dog walking pace.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2023, 06:08:15 pm »

You'd have to run to achieve that kind of pace. It's certainly not dog walking pace.

You've obviously never done a '5 star' dog walk then!!😎👌
Comfortably Numb!

Slacky

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2023, 06:17:49 pm »
That sounds like the sort of thing Daz would say ;)

Does it include drums?

zesty

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2023, 06:44:04 pm »
Getting below 60 resting heart rate isnt necessarily a good thing depending on whats causing it.

Ive got a low resting heart rate also, usually in the 50s but also can get episodes of dizzyness with exercise due to blood pressure dropping too low

Good point.

I remember many years back, we were checking heart rates when at the in laws, wife’s sister was there with her husband as well. Can’t remember why we were talking about heart rates, but anyway, my wife’s dad who doesn’t really do any exercise had a resting heart rate of about 50bpm.

They were all amazed and said you must be really fit and healthy!

I remember thinking, this doesn’t makes sense to me, I reckon there is more to it.

Fast forward a few years, he gets taken to hospital with a very low heart rate after having the ambulance called for a separate issue! Turns out he’s got bradycardia and an irregular heart beat.

He’s well and doesn’t need any further action, but it shows how it’s not always a good thing, nor the result of a fit person.

deeege

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2023, 06:53:22 pm »

Walking pace I do ~1800 steps per mile so 3500-4000 steps per 40 minutes is easily doable, on the low side actually.

johnny bravo

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2023, 06:58:52 pm »
Didn’t really take much time off myself, turned over £18,000 over the Xmas period.
£18.000  in December   some going

zesty

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2023, 07:15:06 pm »
Didn’t really take much time off myself, turned over £18,000 over the Xmas period.
£18.000  in December   some going

I was being sarcastic - not sure if you are too!

DJW

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2023, 07:16:58 pm »

Record day.
2000 feet of climbing on the smart bike too.

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2023, 07:53:23 pm »
It's still over 10000 steps a day if mines reading 16 or 17k at the end of the day

Average day actually physically cleaning is around  5 hours.... 8)

That’s right, but it’s way off for what we’re actually doing. Although I do think in a sense, the  window cleaning action is on par with walking, so it’s a good gauge of how active we are.

My resting heart rate is 60bpm, it was around 56 when I was fitter, but since being out the gym due to having two young kids and renovating the house, I’ve not exercised as much. It is amazing how fit window cleaning keeps you, it’s a calorie burner and a gets the heart rate up to 80-90bpm whilst working briskly.. In fact today I went over 100bpm a few times!

Blimey your younger than me too!(im 51 now!)my average resting heart rate is 52 and my  heart rate can get up to 80-90 when cleaning but drumming it can hit 170bpm when playing fast songs!

That’s low for you, but then atrial fibrillation can cause a lower heart rate, before it races up when having episodes…

I’ve know idea how low mine was back on my cycling days, i never took a resting heart rate back then.

60bpm is pretty good considering I don’t do any cardio at all anymore  :(

Don’t do weight training at the moment as all my spare time is going into the renovation - which is great fun and I really enjoy it.

Must get back in the gym soon though!

I don't suffer with atrial fibrillation all the time.in fact ive only had 3 episodes in 17 years but I need to go to hospital straight away to get it back to sinus rhythm quickly as it's chronic/dangerous
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2023, 08:38:16 pm »
I know mate, but might be a factor in your lower heart rate.

I get ectopic beats, but they seem to be stress related. ‘Pre ventricular contractions’. But my heart rate isn’t affected. Most people just think of them as palpitations.

I remember a while back you had an episode of atrial fibrillation? Didn’t you say you had it as kid as well? I’ve heard of some people who need the old electric shocks to restore rhythm.