This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: First day back.....
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2023, 04:53:46 pm »
Got to 1130am after cleaning 5 large houses(mainly in the rain!)and van wouldn't start.clicking and electrics going haywire... ;D
Had jump leads but no one around so phoned missus and she drove round and got me started then I went straight to Halfords for a new battery.

It took 2 of them an hour to change the battery as its in a  really awkward place on the newer connects,charged me for the wrong battery (then got the correct AGM stop/start battery) and couldn't give me a refund unless I had my card with me(used phone to pay)so had to nip back before 8pm and sort it...

Only good news is my van battery lasted 6 years before dying on me and the new one was only £152(5 Yr warranty)plus £27 for fitting which was worth every penny as its so awkward!

Even managed to finish my days work despite my mid morning hiccup... ;D

That’s very cheap are you sure it’s a stop start one ? Usually they are around £250 upwards.

Yep it's a EFB100 start/stop battery with 5 year guarantee.👍
price higher/work harder!

DJW

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2023, 08:00:18 pm »
Hottest day of the year today I reckon!

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2023, 08:27:01 am »
It's good to be back in a work routine again.im clocking up around 16000 steps a day on my smartwatch....only 10 weeks until my next holiday so better start preparing now.... ;D

NBwcs

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2023, 11:43:42 am »
It's good to be back in a work routine again.im clocking up around 16000 steps a day on my smartwatch....only 10 weeks until my next holiday so better start preparing now.... ;D

16000!,how much of that is work Daz,?

simon w

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2023, 12:32:32 pm »

Your walking more than 8 miles a day 7 days a weeks are you Daz?

Gringo

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2023, 12:41:02 pm »
You will be eating beans in the bath again Daz before you know it, Superb  8)

zesty

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2023, 04:13:51 pm »
My Fitbit says the same, I’ve done 16,000 today, it’s nonsense. Our job means they count each window cleaning movement as a step.

If you move your arm as if window cleaning, you’ll see it’s counting it as a step.

richard connett

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2023, 04:19:45 pm »
Maybe too much wrist action in the evenings lads ?

Splash & dash

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2023, 04:29:17 pm »
My Fitbit says the same, I’ve done 16,000 today, it’s nonsense. Our job means they count each window cleaning movement as a step.

If you move your arm as if window cleaning, you’ll see it’s counting it as a step.

This is exactly right mine regularly shows 17- 20000 per day when working absolutely ridiculous on a day off doing average exercise it’s  8000 +

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2023, 04:54:39 pm »
It's still over 10000 steps a day if mines reading 16 or 17k at the end of the day

Average day actually physically cleaning is around  5 hours.... 8)

robbo333

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2023, 04:56:14 pm »
My first day back tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.
Christmas was lovely, but a bit stressful; grandad came round (don't mention the war!). He then invited himself to Boxing Day!
(Again...don't mention anything really!)
Then a 3 day break in sleepy Dartmouth with Mrs Window Cleaner and the new puppy bulldog.
Fantastic, or so I thought!...
Thank you to the lovely B&B that upgraded us to their most expensive room. It was at the top of 2 flights of stairs, and the room itself was split-level; so we had to go upstairs to the family room to go to sleep each night.
Mrs Window Cleaner has vertigo and the Dog doesn't do stairs.
Carrying the dog up and downstairs was like the old days of using a Pure Freedom trolley, but with someone moaning in your ears as you carried it.
Roll on tomorrow.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2023, 04:57:58 pm »
 40 mins walking the dog clocks up 3500-4000 steps....

We are a lot more active than the general population that's for sure.. ;)

Splash & dash

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2023, 05:08:51 pm »
40 mins walking the dog clocks up 3500-4000 steps....

We are a lot more active than the general population that's for sure.. ;)

Doesn’t sound right to me I walk for  several hours at a brisk pace and only get 6-8000

zesty

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2023, 05:09:25 pm »
It's still over 10000 steps a day if mines reading 16 or 17k at the end of the day

That’s right, but it’s way off for what we’re actually doing. Although I do think in a sense, the  window cleaning action is on par with walking, so it’s a good gauge of how active we are.

My resting heart rate is 60bpm, it was around 56 when I was fitter, but since being out the gym due to having two young kids and renovating the house, I’ve not exercised as much. It is amazing how fit window cleaning keeps you, it’s a calorie burner and a gets the heart rate up to 80-90bpm whilst working briskly.. In fact today I went over 100bpm a few times!

zesty

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2023, 05:10:41 pm »

This is exactly right mine regularly shows 17- 20000 per day when working absolutely ridiculous on a day off doing average exercise it’s  8000 +

Looks good when you show people though 😂

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2023, 05:18:26 pm »

That’s right, but it’s way off for what we’re actually doing. Although I do think in a sense, the  window cleaning action is on par with walking, so it’s a good gauge of how active we are.

My resting heart rate is 60bpm, it was around 56 when I was fitter, but since being out the gym due to having two young kids and renovating the house, I’ve not exercised as much. It is amazing how fit window cleaning keeps you, it’s a calorie burner and a gets the heart rate up to 80-90bpm whilst working briskly.. In fact today I went over 100bpm a few times!

Blimey your younger than me too!(im 51 now!)my average resting heart rate is 52 and my  heart rate can get up to 80-90 when cleaning but drumming it can hit 170bpm when playing fast songs!

zesty

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2023, 05:23:46 pm »

Blimey your younger than me too!(im 51 now!)my average resting heart rate is 52 and my  heart rate can get up to 80-90 when cleaning but drumming it can hit 170bpm when playing fast songs!

That’s low for you, but then atrial fibrillation can cause a lower heart rate, before it races up when having episodes…

I’ve know idea how low mine was back on my cycling days, i never took a resting heart rate back then.

60bpm is pretty good considering I don’t do any cardio at all anymore  :(

Don’t do weight training at the moment as all my spare time is going into the renovation - which is great fun and I really enjoy it.

Must get back in the gym soon though!

zesty

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2023, 05:28:48 pm »

Currently 55 whilst sitting on the sofa.

I should really wear it when sleeping to get an accurate resting heart rate. I’m always on the go with two kids!

NBwcs

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2023, 05:32:10 pm »
I take it the step counters on your phone (Huawei for me) are no where near as accurate as these fit bit gadgets. Says I've only done 5600 so far after full day of work.

zesty

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2023, 05:33:23 pm »
I take it the step counters on your phone (Huawei for me) are no where near as accurate as these fit bit gadgets. Says I've only done 5600 so far after full day of work.

Probably more accurate for steps mate, my iPhone will knock off 6000 odd steps as it isn’t counting the window cleaning movement!