This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin bird

transit custom help please
« on: February 03, 2022, 03:52:16 pm »
i have a 20 plate transit customer had it from new.
the stop start stopped working after 10 months,the van has been back to the garage twice and they checked battery and alternator and recharged battery,and was told everything is working ok,after each visit to the garage the stop start stopped working after a few days,i am told the stop start has stopped working due to only doing short journeys and doing multi stops during the day,due to this the battery capacity has dropped causing the stop start to stop working.
today after driving the van 30 mins to first job( ,without headlights or blower on) after five parking five times  to do jobs the van turned over very slowly and failed to start in my opinion this is due to low charge in battery.
the battery is now on charge,so hopefully it will start in the morning.
HAS  ANY ONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM ?
this is where im coming from should i need to be charging a battery on a van that is on 22 months old ?
the garage just keep saying to me the problem is due to short journeys,every day i travel 10 miles to my first job as i drop my son at college and then go to work.
the van has 25 k on the clock
thanks for reading all the above any help appreciated

KS Cleaning

Re: transit custom help please
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 04:00:40 pm »
My Stop/Start doesn’t work either. The battery these vans come with are absolute pants, they are not fit for purpose. The only way round it is to upgrade the battery. Ford will not replace them under warranty unless they show a fault code, not operating the Start/Stop doesn’t constitute a fault apparently!
If your van is failing to start that’s a different matter, that would show up as a fault code. If I were you I would run the electrics and drive the van like you normally would, if the van then fails to start the battery should be replaced under warranty.

zesty

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 04:25:04 pm »
Stop start is such a nonsense.

You’ll have to upgrade the battery, and get that stupid stop start mapped out!

colin bird

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 04:36:50 pm »
My Stop/Start doesn’t work either. The battery these vans come with are absolute pants, they are not fit for purpose. The only way round it is to upgrade the battery. Ford will not replace them under warranty unless they show a fault code, not operating the Start/Stop doesn’t constitute a fault apparently!
If your van is failing to start that’s a different matter, that would show up as a fault code. If I were you I would run the electrics and drive the van like you normally would, if the van then fails to start the battery should be replaced under warranty.

yes they told me that if a fault code doesnt show they cant replace the battery,i will charge the battery with a smart charger then wait for it to breakdown and get the van recovered to the garage,just ps me off not being able to go to work.
thanks for you reply

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 04:39:44 pm »
Stop start is such a nonsense.

You’ll have to upgrade the battery, and get that stupid stop start mapped out!

yes agree about the stop start,im just suprisedthe battery they fit is not up to the job

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 04:58:58 pm »
Do you have a split charge relay and is it the correct one?

When Grippatank put my split relay in they put in the wrong one and it drained the main battery the following day the van wouldn't start as the main one was flat.These vans need a certain split relay system or so I'm told?

My custom does not have stop start but on most vehicles you can turn it off.

Slash

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 05:17:42 pm »
I had a connect L2 and had the same problem, brought it to the Ford dealer and told me nothing was wrong,the hazard lights used to come on at random also.
It wasn't a big deal  but got rid of it in the end.
The more technology these vans have the more goes wrong like WFP systems.
I've learned to keep things simple.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 05:30:37 pm »
I had a connect L2 and had the same problem, brought it to the Ford dealer and told me nothing was wrong,the hazard lights used to come on at random also.

I have a connect L2 240 and I've never had a problem with my battery in 5 years from new and I only do low miles and short journeys....the stop/start doesn't work either but I don't want it to anyway!😄👍
price higher/work harder!

Don Kee

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022, 05:30:43 pm »
Buy a new battery, one fit for purpose.

It will 100% solve the stop/start issue.
(Having said that, stop/start irritates me so it may not be a bad thing)

dd

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2022, 05:46:40 pm »
Hard to keep things simple as all new vehicles have way too much tech for my liking.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2022, 06:02:10 pm »
the stop start stopped working after 10 months,the van has been back to the garage twice and they checked battery and alternator and recharged battery,and was told everything is working ok,after each visit to the garage the stop start stopped working after a few days,i am told the stop start has stopped working due to only doing short journeys and doing multi stops during the day,due to this the battery capacity has dropped causing the stop start to stop working.
today after driving the van 30 mins to first job( ,without headlights or blower on) after five parking five times  to do jobs the van turned over very slowly and failed to start in my opinion this is due to low charge in battery.
this is where im coming from should i need to be charging a battery on a van that is on 22 months old ?
the garage just keep saying to me the problem is due to short journeys,every day i travel 10 miles to my first job as i drop my son at college and then go to work.

This is a well known problem but ford don’t want to fix the problems look on the internet hundreds have the same issues , renault are exactly the same . Unfortunately it’s down to poor design and cheap quality batteries .

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2022, 06:17:54 pm »

This is a well known problem but ford don’t want to fix the problems look on the internet hundreds have the same issues , renault are exactly the same . Unfortunately it’s down to poor design and cheap quality batteries .

....... and trying to find a quick fix to getting emissions to meet EU standards. "How do you get emissions down?" "Easy, just switch off the engine! The longer the engine is switched off, the lower the emissions. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out."  ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

colin bird

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2022, 08:07:45 pm »
Do you have a split charge relay and is it the correct one?

When Grippatank put my split relay in they put in the wrong one and it drained the main battery the following day the van wouldn't start as the main one was flat.These vans need a certain split relay system or so I'm told?

My custom does not have stop start but on most vehicles you can turn it off.

No split charge relay I can turn stop start off but have to do it each time I get in the van,the stop start not working isn't really a problem I'm more concerend about not knowing if the van will start after stopping

colin bird

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2022, 08:12:07 pm »
Buy a new battery, one fit for purpose.

It will 100% solve the stop/start issue.
(Having said that, stop/start irritates me so it may not be a bad thing)
Totaly agree with you ,I'm fighting ford as I feel a 22 month old van under warranty they should replace it

colin bird

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2022, 08:14:56 pm »

Yes I've seen it on forums,justreally fuxxs me off due to age of van

KS Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2022, 08:38:02 pm »
I can’t even listen to the radio at lunch time in mine, switches off after a minute to save the battery! Next time my van is in for a service I’m going to bite the bullet and get a battery installed that’s actually up to the job.
Not sure if it’s an optional extra or not but some Customs come out the factory fitted with dual batteries.

Slacky

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2022, 09:33:36 pm »

What he said.

My Start Stop stopped after about 3 months. I got all the usual flannel about batteries, so bought a new battery, didn’t work….

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2022, 10:16:43 pm »

Yes I've seen it on forums,justreally fuxxs me off due to age of van

I totally agree with you , but unless there is a fault code they won’t do anything, it’s a right con , this is just one reason I wouldn’t buy a ford customer service leaves a lot to be desired .

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2022, 10:18:56 pm »
I can’t even listen to the radio at lunch time in mine, switches off after a minute to save the battery! Next time my van is in for a service I’m going to bite the bullet and get a battery installed that’s actually up to the job.
Not sure if it’s an optional extra or not but some Customs come out the factory fitted with dual batteries.

Do you know what the stop start batteries cost ?? They are hideous expensive don’t buy one from ford as again it won’t be any good . 😰😰😰

Splash & dash

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2022, 10:20:09 pm »

What he said.

My Start Stop stopped after about 3 months. I got all the usual flannel about batteries, so bought a new battery, didn’t work….

Any vehicle with stop start technology needs a special battery it won’t work unless it’s the right one .