This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bravo20

Re: transit custom help please
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2022, 11:07:16 pm »
I have a Connect L2 240 Auto, bought it at 18 months old with 13000 miles. Stop/ start has only worked twice over the last 2 years, still haven't worked out what made it kick in, thought I'd broken down first time it cut out at traffic lights.
I have a split charger fitted, have never charged the leisure battery separately and have the electric reel hard wired to the aux 12v supply in the rear.
To be honest I'm glad it doesn't  stop/start, prefer it without.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2022, 08:49:17 am »
Can you just buy a normal battery if you not bothered about stop/start?
price higher/work harder!

JandS

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2022, 11:40:26 am »
Never use stop/start even on wife's new car, disabled it straight away.
I always get the best battery I can, got fed up of buying cheapos  that last 2 minutes.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

colin bird

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2022, 04:51:15 pm »
dont know about that daz,im not bothered about the stop start im more worried about the van not startingive got the battery on charge,but i think its fxxxed,but feel they should replace the battery as van only 22 months old,if it fails again after charging i will know the battery is done,then i can go to war with the dealer

colin bird

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2022, 04:54:10 pm »
I always get the best battery I can, got fed up of buying cheapos  that last 2 minutes.
as above reply the issue is with the battery as van is 22 months old  feel ford should replace it,im not bothered about disabling stop start the annoying thing is you have to disable each time you get in the van ,as the van doesnt have a memory,bit like me

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2022, 06:16:32 pm »
dont know about that daz,im not bothered about the stop start im more worried about the van not startingive got the battery on charge,but i think its fxxxed,but feel they should replace the battery as van only 22 months old,if it fails again after charging i will know the battery is done,then i can go to war with the dealer

Ford won't replace your battery....you ll just have to suck it up and buy a new one mate....

The warranty will not cover consumables(it'll be in the small print somewhere)only major mechanical failure

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2022, 07:06:23 pm »

Ford won't replace your battery....you ll just have to suck it up and buy a new one mate....

The warranty will not cover consumables(it'll be in the small print somewhere)only major mechanical failure
The battery is covered for 3 years under the manufacturers warranty.

Splash & dash

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2022, 09:05:58 pm »

Yes you can

Splash & dash

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2022, 09:08:35 pm »

I was talking to a mechanic the other day and he said it’s highly likely that any vehicle with stop Start  will have to have it working for  the mot  they are looking at adding it to the mot just like you aren't allowed to have any lights on the dash that’s a fail and he said stop start will be the same

Splash & dash

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2022, 09:11:05 pm »

They will refer you to the dealer if the vehicle is under warranty and ford won’t change it

KS Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2022, 10:58:44 pm »

I was talking to a mechanic the other day and he said it’s highly likely that any vehicle with stop Start  will have to have it working for  the mot  they are looking at adding it to the mot just like you aren't allowed to have any lights on the dash that’s a fail and he said stop start will be the same
Thought Nigel had re appeared for a minute there😆

Splash & dash

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2022, 11:10:37 pm »

Thought Nigel had re appeared for a minute there😆

😂😂😂

KS Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2022, 11:12:01 pm »

They will refer you to the dealer if the vehicle is under warranty and ford won’t change it
Its covered under the Ford manufacturers warranty. Has to show up as faulty before they will change it tho.

Splash & dash

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2022, 11:13:47 pm »

Its covered under the Ford manufacturers warranty. Has to show up as faulty before they will change it tho.

Exactly and it doesn’t show up so they won’t do anything about it it’s all wrong .

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2022, 09:52:58 am »

Mine sailed through the MOT a few weeks ago...its never worked for years! ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2022, 11:47:03 am »

It’s not come in yet but is something that they are talking about adding to the mot , it’s only fairly recently that lights on the dash board would fail mot .

Mine sailed through the MOT a few weeks ago...its never worked for years! ;D

Smudger

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2022, 12:40:25 pm »
Maybe I mis understand but the start stop only comes inwhen there is enough power in the battery - so with anger and loads of stops it would rarely be used ( going by my car it hasn’t start stopped for the last few weeks - lights heater etc  but today warmer and a long journey it turned off at a set of lights )

Do you not think your drawing too much power off the system?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

martinw

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2022, 09:24:31 pm »
Your battery voltage is below needed level.  200mv difference and it won’t work correctly. There are number of situations where s/s won’t work at all which result in higher demand on  battery and system. You will find that under 8C most modern vehicles will suffer from it. On new van less than 3 months old despite longer distances traveled ss does not kick in at all - flashing icon on dash which is normal.  If you have air conditioning on it will not let ss to kick in at all.

At the moment only mot failures are for following instances
Electronic stability control
Seatbelts
Anti-lock braking systems
Tyre pressure monitoring sensor
Engine light

colin bird

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2022, 08:22:33 am »
Maybe I mis understand but the start stop only comes inwhen there is enough power in the battery - so with anger and loads of stops it would rarely be used ( going by my car it hasn’t start stopped for the last few weeks - lights heater etc  but today warmer and a long journey it turned off at a set of lights )

Darran

I think that's exactly what's happening,so I'm thinking either the alternator isn't charging the battery quick enough to replace the power used or the battery's not holding the charge but the garage have tested both and advised they are yest I've had it on charge for 24 hours to get it fully charged (only a 4 amp charger),I just find it amazing how bad modern technology is,my cortina neve had this sort of problem

KS Cleaning

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2022, 10:59:51 am »

Darran

I think that's exactly what's happening,so I'm thinking either the alternator isn't charging the battery quick enough to replace the power used or the battery's not holding the charge but the garage have tested both and advised they are yest I've had it on charge for 24 hours to get it fully charged (only a 4 amp charger),I just find it amazing how bad modern technology is,my cortina neve had this sort of problem
If your battery is anything like mine it will be back to being useless within a day.