This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: transit custom help please
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2022, 12:00:12 pm »
Maybe I mis understand but the start stop only comes inwhen there is enough power in the battery - so with anger and loads of stops it would rarely be used ( going by my car it hasn’t start stopped for the last few weeks - lights heater etc  but today warmer and a long journey it turned off at a set of lights )

Do you not think your drawing too much power off the system?

Darran

I think that's exactly what's happening,so I'm thinking either the alternator isn't charging the battery quick enough to replace the power used or the battery's not holding the charge but the garage have tested both and advised they are yest I've had it on charge for 24 hours to get it fully charged (only a 4 amp charger),I just find it amazing how bad modern technology is,my cortina neve had this sort of problem

Maybe your charging system for wfp is the culprit here mate?....I've never had a single problem with my Ford battery and my van is over 5 years old now...I have a battery to battery smart charger fitted when I had my hot diesel heater installed and it always puts my van battery first...
price higher/work harder!