This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

easy clean

Condensation in van
« on: December 19, 2021, 09:02:53 pm »
Hi guys this has probably been asked before 100+ times and I’ve been wfping for 17 years now too so should have solved this ages ago!
Just bought a new van which I will be driving, got rid of the 3 other vans/staff and just got 2 working with me.
Anyway can’t stand the amount of condensation in the vans in the winter do was wondering what you guys do/done to reduce or stop it from happening?
Thanks so much.
The van below is what I’ve ordered so that’s why I want to look after it 👍🏻

dazmond

Re: Condensation in van
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 10:19:30 pm »
Really?why are you bothered?its a van and you carry water in it all the time  ;D...I think some guys put them dehumidifier things in their cab...

Me?on cold mornings I just put the blowers on full,heated windscreen, heated seat and fire up the diesel heater....sometimes I use a squeegee on my windscreen if really bad...its gone by the time I get to my first job of the day
price higher/work harder!

easy clean

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 10:50:04 pm »
It may just be a van to some people but to justify the price in having to use it for more than just work, it’s having the bulkhead removed and moved further back and two seats putting in rear and my computer/printer (mobile office).
That’s why I was hopi g for a solution if possible 👍🏻

colin bird

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 05:42:16 am »
It may just be a van to some people but to justify the price in having to use it for more than just work, it’s having the bulkhead removed and moved further back and two seats putting in rear and my computer/printer (mobile office).

Hi easy clean,I'm being nosey why do you want your office etc in your van ?

simon w

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 07:23:59 am »
I've had a brand new Custom Limited for a month and have been keeping an eye on the inside roof and so far it's bone dry and showing no signs of condensation.

simon w

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 07:30:02 am »

Removing your bulk head will be a great way to cause condensation in your cab and not sure a van is the best place for your office and you shouldn't need to justify the purchase of a van for a window cleaning business.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 08:01:36 am »

Laptop and printer in your van?I have a desk at home for admin... my van is just used for cleaning...

I can understand why you want a solution now! :)
price higher/work harder!

Ascjim

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 09:41:57 am »
Install a couple of roof vents

easy clean

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 09:44:27 am »
Install a couple of roof vents
Have you got roof vents in your van?

easy clean

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 09:47:52 am »

Hi easy clean,I'm being nosey why do you want your office etc in your van ?
After 17 years I’ve decided to make so drastic changes, I want the laptop and printer and paperwork to be left in the van along with my mobile phone because I’ve decided that at the end of the day when I return home I do t want to be reminded or do anything work related at home 👍🏻

easy clean

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 09:51:57 am »

Removing your bulk head will be a great way to cause condensation in your cab and not sure a van is the best place for your office and you shouldn't need to justify the purchase of a van for a window cleaning business.
It will have a bulkhead, either as a crew cab or it will have a crew cab bulkhead installed.
The reason why I am trying to justify and make these changes to it are so it can be used for more than just work…….fishing, going out on my bike and days out for the family! That’s why I’ve bought this particular van at £42k 😱

easy clean

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2021, 09:53:22 am »
I've had a brand new Custom Limited for a month and have been keeping an eye on the inside roof and so far it's bone dry and showing no signs of condensation.
Hi Simon
Do you leave your van filled up of an evening or do you fill it in the morning before work?

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2021, 10:26:03 am »
Are you a trad cleaner ?

I cant see there being enough room in there for moving the bulk head and caring water for2 to 3 people

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

easy clean

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2021, 10:40:04 am »
Are you a trad cleaner ?

I cant see there being enough room in there for moving the bulk head and caring water for2 to 3 people
Wfp, the tank is being made and is a ‘T’ shape, it probably doesn’t make sense and is too hard to try and explain but it works. Tank is approx 975 litres and it’s got 2 men. I will be doing all my admin throughout the day whilst they clean, hence wanting to have computer in there too!

Darran

Simon Trapani

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2021, 10:41:23 am »
Silicone sheets of polystyrene to the inside if the roof. That’ll stop your condensation. Works on both my vans. You can buy sheets at Wickes etc.

Ched

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2021, 11:02:44 am »
Wfp, the tank is being made and is a ‘T’ shape, it probably doesn’t make sense and is too hard to try and explain but it works. Tank is approx 975 litres and it’s got 2 men. I will be doing all my admin throughout the day whilst they clean, hence wanting to have computer in there too!

Darran
Make sure you are not overloading the rear axle with 1000kg mainly at the rear!!!! Ford should be able to tell you unladen axle weights and max axle loading.

easy clean

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2021, 11:19:54 am »

Darran
Make sure you are not overloading the rear axle with 1000kg mainly at the rear!!!! Ford should be able to tell you unladen axle weights and max axle loading.

It’s the 340 model with 1400kg payload👍🏻

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2021, 12:49:02 pm »
Hmmm....

rather than argue - I wish you all the best with it

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Ched

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2021, 02:09:45 pm »

Darran

It’s the 340 model with 1400kg payload👍🏻
Just because the load is below max payload doesn't mean you can stick all the load over the rear axle!!! Check the axle loading before you install everything. If you have too much load on rear axle 1. you will be driving illegally and you can get fined! 2. the brakes will not work very well, so stopping distance will increase. 3. you will wear out the rear suspension faster!

easy clean

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2021, 03:09:41 pm »
Hmmm....

rather than argue - I wish you all the best with it

Darran