This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

easy clean

Re: Condensation in van
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2021, 03:56:45 pm »
According to fords
Front 1625kg
Rear 2015kg

Yes I have already weighed the van empty both front and rear axle and where I am positioning the tank it would take up to 1100 litres, thank you for your concern  ;D

dd

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2021, 04:49:50 pm »
As others have said van probably not good place to have your office.

I would not like to leave computer, mobile etc in van on sub zero winter nights. Also could cause more of an inconvenience should van ever be broken into. Thieves are far less likely to nick your wfp gear.

Also much easier to have a comfortable user friendly office layout at home, rather than try to cram it all in your van.

Don Kee

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2021, 04:55:54 pm »
According to fords
Front 1625kg
Rear 2015kg

Yes I have already weighed the van empty both front and rear axle and where I am positioning the tank it would take up to 1100 litres, thank you for your concern  ;D

Just because I’m concerned, I assume that includes the seats etc…you’re putting in?

To be honest buddy, the set up you want, sounds like one of the weirdest window cleaning set ups I think I’ve heard of!

Why on earth would you want to do your admin in the van? How much admin does a two man band have to be in there all day every day?!
You’re probably going to tell us you run 5 businesses or something, to which I’d say create an office at home and trust your guys to clean windows!!

I’ve got a custom limited from new, I get the condensation but only in the back (bulk head and front is carpeted)
Maybe the wrong attitude but I don’t let it worry me  :-[

easy clean

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2021, 05:12:30 pm »
According to fords
Front 1625kg
Rear 2015kg

Just because I’m concerned, I assume that includes the seats etc…you’re putting in?

To be honest buddy, the set up you want, sounds like one of the weirdest window cleaning set ups I think I’ve heard of!

Why on earth would you want to do your admin in the van? How much admin does a two man band have to be in there all day every day?!
You’re probably going to tell us you run 5 businesses or something, to which I’d say create an office at home and trust your guys to clean windows!!

I’ve got a custom limited from new, I get the condensation but only in the back (bulk head and front is carpeted)
Maybe the wrong attitude but I don’t let it worry me  :-[
I know how payloads and overloading axles work, I spent 12 years as a mobile crane mechanic before window cleaning.
No I don’t have 5 businesses but I do have a life and after 16/17 years of doing this, the last thing I want to do after work is come home and do admin/paperwork. I will not be cleaning as I haven’t done for 14 years and yes I’ve tried having staff go out on there own but after going through about 12 guys enough is enough so that’s why I will now be driving the van so I can be the one who collects payments and marks off houses that have been cleaned, I’ve been lied to, stolen from and tried to ruin my business by staff over the years.
If you don’t get why I want to leave work at work if you like then I’m sorry but I’m wasting my time trying to explain.

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2021, 05:16:28 pm »
Very nice van but it will get battered in no time, lads dragging the hoses round doors etc.

You might have been better off buying a pickup truck, separate cab then.

easy clean

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2021, 05:21:52 pm »
Very nice van but it will get battered in no time, lads dragging the hoses round doors etc.

You might have been better off buying a pickup truck, separate cab then.

I did think that about the doors so I spec’d it with a tailgate door (opens upwards)
Was even looking at some hose reels with extendable guides to stop the hose from rubbing on stuff, but I suppose because I’m driving I always park in front and they pull the hose straight out the back and because my work is very compact I can then drive further down the road and they follow behind working their way back to the van if that makes sense.

Splash & dash

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2021, 05:37:38 pm »
Wfp, the tank is being made and is a ‘T’ shape, it probably doesn’t make sense and is too hard to try and explain but it works. Tank is approx 975 litres and it’s got 2 men. I will be doing all my admin throughout the day whilst they clean, hence wanting to have computer in there too!

Darran
Make sure you are not overloading the rear axle with 1000kg mainly at the rear!!!! Ford should be able to tell you unladen axle weights and max axle loading.

It’s the 340 model with 1400kg payload👍🏻

So it might be but the weight needs to be distributed evenly not all at the back you will be overloading the rear axle and it will drive like a pig

easy clean

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2021, 06:12:01 pm »
Wfp, the tank is being made and is a ‘T’ shape, it probably doesn’t make sense and is too hard to try and explain but it works. Tank is approx 975 litres and it’s got 2 men. I will be doing all my admin throughout the day whilst they clean, hence wanting to have computer in there too!

Darran
Make sure you are not overloading the rear axle with 1000kg mainly at the rear!!!! Ford should be able to tell you unladen axle weights and max axle loading.

It’s the 340 model with 1400kg payload👍🏻

So it might be but the weight needs to be distributed evenly not all at the back you will be overloading the rear axle and it will drive like a pig
The rear axle is carrying 900kg when the van is empty so technically it could have 1100kg of weight put on the rear axle and still be ok, but obviously I would not be doing that this is why I am having a ‘T’ shape low profile tank made to distribute the load so some of the weight is transferred onto the front axle.
Thank you for everybody’s concerns but I spent a lot of time using a rental van weighing it with the tanks in different positions and working out that it was still going to be legal both overall payload and axle loads.
Please can we not go off on a tangent and concentrate on the original post about condensation 👍🏻

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2021, 06:16:54 pm »
Personally I think your crazy... ;D

Have 2 vehicles!I use my van exclusively for cleaning then a nice car for leisure time...admin work with laptop and printer takes place in my little office at home(complete with swivel chair!)....

No way would I be leaving my laptop,printer and smartphone in my van at any time day or night! ;D
price higher/work harder!

easy clean

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2021, 06:24:01 pm »
Personally I think your crazy... ;D

Have 2 vehicles!I use my van exclusively for cleaning then a nice car for leisure time...admin work with laptop and printer takes place in my little office at home(complete with swivel chair!)....

No way would I be leaving my laptop,printer and smartphone in my van at any time day or night! ;D

I’d like to think that I do also have a nice car, Mercedes CLA 45 AMG oh and for you to say I’m crazy, you must’ve seen me driving it 🤣

KS Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2021, 06:33:56 pm »
According to fords
Front 1625kg
Rear 2015kg

It’s not just the payload that could be a problem. Because the alloys and tyres are aftermarket, if I were you I’d be checking the load rating of the tyres, I’d be surprised if they are rated high enough to carry 1400kg.

DJW

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2021, 06:48:31 pm »
I think condensation will be a problem with three sweaty men and a secretary in the back.

easy clean

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2021, 07:12:57 pm »
According to fords
Front 1625kg
Rear 2015kg

It’s not just the payload that could be a problem. Because the alloys and tyres are aftermarket, if I were you I’d be checking the load rating of the tyres, I’d be surprised if they are rated high enough to carry 1400kg.

They’re not aftermarket wheels and tyres it is coming direct from fords like that brand new so yes it will be load rated to take the high payload, thank you too for your concern though

KS Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2021, 07:20:58 pm »
According to fords
Front 1625kg
Rear 2015kg

They’re not aftermarket wheels and tyres it is coming direct from fords like that brand new so yes it will be load rated to take the high payload, thank you too for your concern though
Thought it was a GT, Motion R or similar? In which case they are aftermarket and not direct from Ford.

easy clean

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2021, 07:48:47 pm »
According to fords
Front 1625kg
Rear 2015kg

Thought it was a GT, Motion R or similar? In which case they are aftermarket and not direct from Ford.

It is a GT and yes it is direct from ford. GT will only deal with Trust Gord and the van goes directly from production line to GT and then back to the dealer where I collect it from, the full warranty is with fords and that includes all the GT modifications. The GT package is a ford recognised option, so yes it will be the correct load rated tyres and wheels for the 340 model, it’s more than they dare do as it is the same as them putting underrated tyres on any other model. Thank you again for your concerns 👍🏻

Splash & dash

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2021, 07:56:58 pm »
I don’t  understand  ones buy theses modified vans with body kits and big wheels with low profile tyres for work they are totally impractical , uncomfortable , and very easily damaged . An ordinary van with steel wheels and normal tyres is far more practical fir our work , if buying a van just for  pleasure use then fine but for  work it’s a total waste of money , usually driven by old guys trying to be boy racers 😂😂😂

easy clean

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2021, 08:00:24 pm »
I don’t  understand  ones buy theses modified vans with body kits and big wheels with low profile tyres for work they are totally impractical , uncomfortable , and very easily damaged . An ordinary van with steel wheels and normal tyres is far more practical fir our work , if buying a van just for  pleasure use then fine but for  work it’s a total waste of money , usually driven by old guys trying to be boy racers 😂😂😂
If I wanted to be a boy racer and you had read previous posts I’d just get in my car. Hope you enjoy your normal van with normal tyres and wheels. Merry Christmas 🎄

Splash & dash

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2021, 08:07:46 pm »
If I wanted to be a boy racer and you had read previous posts I’d just get in my car. Hope you enjoy your normal van with normal tyres and wheels. Merry Christmas 🎄

Yes I did read it that makes it Evan more strange that you want a boy racer modded van , 😂😂😂😂

markymark

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2021, 09:55:19 pm »
About the condensation thing - you can get powered vents that run off your leisure battery, as well as the conventional wind-assisted ones. Or if you're feeling way-out, how about a dehumidifier on a wifi plug? Put in the van overnight, use your smart home app to switch it on from 0200-0600 perhaps and wake up to a dry load compartment

The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2021, 09:59:04 pm »
What a bizarre thing to do. I can see why everyone else is having difficulty making sense of this.
The whys and wherefores apart, once your tank is full, including the weight of the tank itself and 3 men at 13 stone each, you're already at almost 1300kg in weight. Add the ply lining, bulk head, extra seats, roof bars and all the other equipment and you're over your payload before you even set off.
Have you actually thought this out at all?🤔🤔
Comfortably Numb!