This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Evan

Con roof
« on: September 16, 2021, 09:02:29 am »
Do you guys charge per panel for con roofs?

Smudger

Re: Con roof
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 09:05:06 am »
I charge by the time I know it takes to clean

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mike Burd

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 01:27:42 pm »
I charge by the time I know it takes to clean

Darran
Do you go to look at each one?

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 08:21:43 am »
Yes I do - either site visit while I’m quoting or by photos supplied

Many now are repeat customers so I do not need to see those just add 10% to the price 😆

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Mike Burd

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 05:36:20 pm »
Yes I do - either site visit while I’m quoting or by photos supplied

Many now are repeat customers so I do not need to see those just add 10% to the problem ce 😆

Darran
We just have a fixed price of £6 a panel except lean to’s which seems to work. There’s too many and over too wide an area to visit. In fact it’s very rare we’d visit anything now. Perhaps a mansion/hotel or something. Works for us. Staff never complain they’re underpriced but they do tend to be quick. Quicker than I used to be.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 06:10:15 pm »
sorry for the last post - auto correct seems to write its own thing sometimes !

on standard Conny's I'm sure it works well - but we do a lot with a pitched roof that falls back to the property - I like to make sure it's accessable and not absolutely minding with lichen

Darran

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 06:11:17 pm »
also what do you class as a panel ?

Darran

Mike Burd

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 06:39:03 pm »
also what do you class as a panel ?

Darran
All sizes, large and small. Occasionally we’ll get one where we can’t access some panels but very rare. Normally the ones that slope towards the house can be got from sides.

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 09:13:41 pm »
its not a trick question - what do you say is a panel so you know how many £6 to charge ?

Darran

Mike Burd

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2021, 05:34:27 am »
its not a trick question - what do you say is a panel so you know how many £6 to charge ?

Darran
It wasn’t a trick answer. All roof panels of any size. The only exception is lean to’s where panel numbers isn’t useful to price. As I say, I can’t think of an occasion where one of the guys has phoned to say a roof is underpriced by that method. We have no choice anyway with the volume of calls from May to September..

deeege

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2021, 06:40:13 am »
Can’t stand cleaning them anymore and have been pricing accordingly. Have only cleaned I think 2 all year.

Had a look at one yesterday, a large glass ‘P’ shaped that also slopes back to the house. Declined to quote for it but if you were charging £6/panel on this you’d be miles out.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2021, 07:21:24 am »
Can’t stand cleaning them anymore and have been pricing accordingly. Have only cleaned I think 2 all year.

Had a look at one yesterday, a large glass ‘P’ shaped that also slopes back to the house. Declined to quote for it but if you were charging £6/panel on this you’d be miles out.

Same,

I’ve only done one this year, small polycarbonate roof, charged £120.

Too many window cleaning jobs to get done, so why faff about with conny roofs at cheap as chips prices 🤔

I rarely get the jobs anymore, as just too expensive, but that suits me, I don’t enjoy doing them.

I suppose it’s a different story if you’re after more work/employ.

Mike Burd

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2021, 08:16:37 am »

And yet it works for us.  ;)

Phil J

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2021, 10:40:45 am »
I'm with Darran,
You usually have a good idea of how long it's going to take, just use your hourly rate and go from there.

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2021, 01:22:02 pm »
Do you guys charge per panel for con roofs?

I don’t  really think you can have a set price per panel there are so many variables  evan at £10 per panel some jobs wouldn’t be viable , we always look at the job or get customers to send photos , prices range from £100 for a small polycarbonate roof to £800 for big ones .

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2021, 01:56:00 pm »
i priced one up the other week for an existing customer..a large clear glass  pitched roof....ladders needed to pole the back part of it too...i went in at £300 as i said it would take me all day......he politely declined.....i dont think he ll ask me again! ;) ;D
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2021, 03:34:19 pm »
whatever system you feel is best for you and your happy to get a smaller return for the more challenging jobs,

the reason I asked about panels is I have 2 Conny cleans where they run from the eves of the house down to head hight at 30  around degrees - each panel (8 of them) is approx 5meters long - I would like more than £48

then there is the question of finials and the guttering and wash the windows.

Darran

Mike Burd

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2021, 04:09:16 pm »
whatever system you feel is best for you and your happy to get a smaller return for the more challenging jobs,

the reason I asked about panels is I have 2 Conny cleans where they run from the eves of the house down to head hight at 30  around degrees - each panel (8 of them) is approx 5meters long - I would like more than £48

then there is the question of finials and the guttering and wash the windows.

Darran
I did say lean to’s weren’t included in the price if it’s a lean to. It’s a question of time though. This summer we grew net by 850 jobs. Pricing by any means other than a price menu isn’t an option.

We very often change the pricing on the day because a house isn’t straightforward, but very rarely for conservatories. Besides, there might be the odd one that’s underpriced, but there will be many more where they are really easy.

So it’s a question of needs must.

Bungle

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2021, 01:24:44 pm »
i priced one up the other week for an existing customer..a large clear glass  pitched roof....ladders needed to pole the back part of it too...i went in at £300 as i said it would take me all day......he politely declined.....i dont think he ll ask me again! ;) ;D

And now he knows how much you earn a day. Next thing you'll know is you're sacked for earning more than him 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

Mike Burd

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2021, 02:13:21 pm »

And now he knows how much you earn a day. Next thing you'll know is you're sacked for earning more than him 👍
When I used to go out to quote, I used to price based on how long I’d take. When you employ, that becomes very difficult because every one I employ when up to speed is way quicker than me. If I priced something at £200 I’d make sure it took all morning. Employees will just finish when they’re done.