van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dry Clean

Re: How long to learn WFP to a good standard?
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2021, 07:57:54 pm »
If I had a big school or Tesco’s to clean Darren they’d get a half hour WFP course you know what I mean yeah,anyone can clean windows how hard can it be to start off with the money floods in and then you get a Tsunami of text messages saying service no longer required as it’s not to the same service as it once was lol,yeah seen it all before m8.

How many weeks, months or years where you cleaning windows before you decided you were ready/good enough to take on your first paying customer, you do talk some nonsense at times NWH.  ;D

NWH

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2021, 10:58:30 am »
Doesn’t matter how long you’ve been doing it sometimes we all think Whoops they look awful after a clean,imagine what it’ll be like this time of the year with a newbie with low sun lol.

Smudger

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2021, 02:03:50 pm »
best time to learn!

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2021, 08:06:28 pm »
Doesn’t matter how long you’ve been doing it sometimes we all think Whoops they look awful after a clean,imagine what it’ll be like this time of the year with a newbie with low sun lol.

We were all newbies at one point and unlike an employee didn't have an experienced guy to keep an eye on us, so will ask again, how long did you practice until you felt confident to clean for your first paying customer ?
You're washing dirt of a window, there's a bit of skill in getting up to speed but its not rocket science NWH.

Smudger

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2021, 08:40:20 pm »
you know you won't get an answer - either way he answers he cant work out which will make him look the bigger fool

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

windowswashed

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2021, 10:02:50 pm »
Started wfp back in 2002 and no one else around was doing it so had a hard time trying to sell it to customers but commercial were fine with it. Figured out how to wfp by trial and error, even how to fix a van in tank all the other wfp  stuff to  learn with no videos on you tube or the clean it up forum haha.

Stoots

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2021, 06:39:44 am »
Most of us probably learned by trial and error.

The first ever window I cleaned was my mums kitchen window. I spent ages cleaning it and it dried awful. I could now clean it it 20 seconds and it will look fine. I'm not quite sure how I got there but the difference in speed these days is a million miles from where I started. 

Takes a long time, most of us won't have the patience for an employee to get there.

james peters

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2021, 07:22:56 pm »
Started wfp back in 2002 and no one else around was doing it so had a hard time trying to sell it to customers but commercial were fine with it. Figured out how to wfp by trial and error, even how to fix a van in tank all the other wfp  stuff to  learn with no videos on you tube or the clean it up forum haha.

great post . same here I had been trad for 13 years , and went wfp in 2005, it took me a while to suss it out, and sell it to my customers .
like you say , there was no cleanitup, no you tube and no othe wfp guys around.
I started by just doing the upstairs with the pole , but after a few months was doing everything wfp.
its far easier to learn than trad with the right help.

my daughter picked it up within a few weeks .
When she started I explained how it works whilst showing her, I explained about the frames needing to be done , I explained about the dirt in the vents , and explained about first cleans . I also told her not to worry about speed , but to concentrate on quality, and always getting it right.

those first few weeks  we went through water like it was going out of fashion. yes it was a little frustrating at first , but within  about a month she was up to speed , and doing a thorough job.
the customers also gave great feed back.

NWH

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2021, 04:08:39 pm »
The thing to do is to take people on regular cleans that don’t get too bad each clean before they have any idea what they are doing,if you are one of those cleaners that leave the top frame black each clean you’d have problems but not if you do everything each clean as there’s less dirt to run off the frame and onto the glass.

NWH

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2021, 04:13:35 pm »
I can’t say I’ve ever had a problem with vents tbh it’s all about doing them everytime you clean them eventually they shouldn’t cause grief.

Slacky

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2021, 06:21:30 pm »

Why lol at the end, is there a joke/punch line I’ve missed?

Smudger

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2021, 06:26:50 pm »
Just Nigels little world he thinks every post is comical - which it is but not the way he thinks

Darran

NWH

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2021, 07:55:12 pm »

The joke is in the fact that some people think they can train someone to WFP in the yard in 30 minutes to a paying standard,good luck with that but in the main it ain’t happening I see people that have been doing it years the wrong way but you can take a horse to water and all that.
Some days it reminds of blokes I used to watch blading every single window in sections,again waste of time telling fools the easy way to do things.

Dry Clean

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2021, 08:16:54 pm »

The joke is in the fact that some people think they can train someone to WFP in the yard in 30 minutes to a paying standard,good luck with that but in the main it ain’t happening I see people that have been doing it years the wrong way but you can take a horse to water and all that.
Some days it reminds of blokes I used to watch blading every single window in sections,again waste of time telling fools the easy way to do things.
;D