This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

the king

pressure washing upgrade
« on: July 18, 2021, 08:55:23 pm »
hi im just wandering what pressure washers you lads are using im using a 15lpm 250 bar loncin from rutland pumps im looking at a up grade next year as the pressure washing has took off more than i thought now do i go big or do a small upgrade ie 21lmp 200 bar or 22lpm 250 bar . i only do domistic but some big ish jobs  or do i go 25lpm +  ???

Smudger

Re: pressure washing upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 09:10:26 am »
Ive never needed anything bigger than 21 LPM @ 200 BAR

and if your mainly domestics then this will be ideal

3 x Honda gx 390 - interpump ws202 - all going well over the last 7 yers

4 x Loncins of the equivalent to the above - ranging from 6 months to 3 years ( only the rutland pumps one have had issues )

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 03:20:43 pm »
I’ve had:

15lpm

21lpm

And now 23lpm, all 3000psi.

This is the seeey spot for me, but 21lpm is all that’s needed in reality.

I only have 23lpm for long use with the FSC and it does make a small difference. I had a giant block paved car park to do, so the extra 2 lpm helped (well it helped in my head  ;D)

Otherwise 21lpm is plenty.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 04:56:30 pm »
I’ve used every size pump as well from 15lt/min to the 40lt/min I use now.  I would never go back to using anything less than 40lt/min. But it has its drawbacks, you need a big water tank  in the van so you need a bigger van.  bigger machine clean quicker they run a FSC more effectively and rinse down quicker

But most peoples opinion of the best machine is often (coincidently) the machine they use, hence my view that 40lt/min is best, if I use a 21lt/min machine I bet I would be singing the praise of that set up
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 05:06:45 pm »
I have no doubt that a Thor machine would beat the Honda hands down, and if doing nothing but really heavy commercial/industrial thats what I would go for...

but the op is general/residential so no need for that great big 40 LPM

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 05:11:48 pm »
All I clean is domestic driveways and patios,  it make no difference if it’s concrete on a house drive or a gas terminal they still clean the same.

Bigger machine are quicker so you can do more work (if you have the work booked in) but also the big driveways on millionaire Row  aren’t as scary looking

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2021, 05:35:37 pm »
Of course there is a difference  ::)roll

That's like saying all stains are the same...

Your happy with your drain jetter - that's not a problem, trouble is you spend as much time waiting to fill up as doing the job, unless your plumbed into a hydrant....

Try not to be so abrasive mike, you take others opinions and experiences too personally

Darran

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2021, 05:41:56 pm »
Sorry if my comment sounded abrasive it was not my intention ;)

I tend to arrive with a full tank900lts so once I hook up to the customers tap I never have to wait, that why I stated earlier you need a big tank if you are going to use a bigger pump

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 05:48:24 pm »
You can't rely on customers pressure being good enough - 75% of our work is 2 man so running 42 ltr s a minute  even with 1000 ltr s start a third of the time we will be out of water after 45 mins to an hour - yes you've covered a large amount, but then kick your heels while waiting for water - I use a standpipe quite regularly to prevent this and at 21 ltr s you rarely have to stop so overall it can be quicker

Darran

the king

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2021, 07:15:28 am »
That's interesting you had issues with the loncin from Rutland pumps what problems did you have smudger

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2021, 02:00:08 pm »
Falling apart - crankcase nuts coming undone and dumping oil  both machines

Long story, and Rutland not very supportive is as much as I could return to them and wait to what loncin had to say as regards to fault.

I tracked it down to 2 things - undersized key in the drive shaft and the nyloc nuts that hold the p/w to the lower plate either coming undone or not being done up when assembled

I had both stripped down, checked and rebuilt and running ok now - I think next time I could build one myself  ;D

Darran

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2021, 02:30:30 pm »
Falling apart - crankcase nuts coming undone and dumping oil  both machines

Long story, and Rutland not very supportive is as much as I could return to them and wait to what loncin had to say as regards to fault.

I tracked it down to 2 things - undersized key in the drive shaft and the nyloc nuts that hold the p/w to the lower plate either coming undone or not being done up when assembled

I had both stripped down, checked and rebuilt and running ok now - I think next time I could build one myself  ;D

Darran

Hummmmm Ime surprised at that we get all our stuff  of Ben and always found him spot on and helpful although we don’t have loncin  engines .

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2021, 04:52:33 pm »
Always been good in the past - but not this time sadly

Darran

Matt.

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2021, 05:43:52 pm »
Exactly the same as darrans last post

the king

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2021, 05:59:50 pm »
Were do you recermend to order from ive had no issues with mine so far so not had to test Rutland pumps after care but im open to trying somewhere else with a good rep

Mike Halliday

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2021, 06:33:51 pm »
Where do you live? I think you can’t beat buying local,  so if you do have a problem you can  call in  and speak with them face to face

the king

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2021, 07:07:23 pm »
Im South Devon not a lot down this way i ordered from Rutland as i heard they were the place to go

zesty

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2021, 08:42:44 pm »
You can't rely on customers pressure being good enough - 75% of our work is 2 man so running 42 ltr s a minute  even with 1000 ltr s start a third of the time we will be out of water after 45 mins to an hour - yes you've covered a large amount, but then kick your heels while waiting for water - I use a standpipe quite regularly to prevent this and at 21 ltr s you rarely have to stop so overall it can be quicker

Darran

When you say a stand pipe Darran, are you taking water from a hydrant? If so did you get a license for that?

I’ve always wanted to take water from hydrants when pressure washing as water pressure is notoriously low round my way…

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2021, 10:34:53 pm »

Darran

When you say a stand pipe Darran, are you taking water from a hydrant? If so did you get a license for that?

I’ve always wanted to take water from hydrants when pressure washing as water pressure is notoriously low round my way…

Yes you get a stand pipe from the water company with a water meter fitted to it and they bill you , fire hydrants arnt normally allowed to be used its the service valves that are used , but it’s a good option if there are ones within a short distance of the job or doing stuff like supermarket car parks

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2021, 11:18:10 pm »
What he said  ;D

Basically any larger jobs I get a standpipe (after testing available supply) then add the cost to the customer

Darran