This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

Finding an employee
« on: April 07, 2021, 05:00:32 pm »
Im looking for an employee for 1-2 days a week.

Where's a good place to find someone?

Cheers

NWH

Re: Finding an employee
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 05:11:55 pm »
Depends the best person you’ll find will be looking back at you in the mirror.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 05:15:04 pm »
At the end of the rainbow !  ;D

Ask yourself this - what sort of person are you going to get for 1 or 2 days a week ?

Then ask why do they want only 1 or 2 days a week ?

For those hours you really are (if you want reliable) someone who is over 55 and semi- retired

We always get a good response from indeed - I would specify that they do you a CV and covering letter - if they can't do this don't even think about an interview

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 05:15:55 pm »
Depends the best person you’ll find will be looking back at you in the mirror.

Back talking about your crack again Nigel ?

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

jay moley

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 05:20:33 pm »

Ask yourself this - what sort of person are you going to get for 1 or 2 days a week ?

For those hours you really are (if you want reliable) someone who is over 55 and semi- retired

We always get a good response from indeed - I would specify that they do you a CV and covering letter - if they can't do this don't even think about an interview

Darran

To be honest I want someone that is young, 20's - early 30's.

I don't think window cleaning is that suitable for older people in the long run. Had a late 40's bloke before and he was slow. He was also fat.

I eventually want him to get up to 5 days a week.

jay moley

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 05:21:50 pm »

Darran

What are indeed's fees Darran?

deeege

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 05:44:42 pm »
They’ll be queuing up to work for you 1-2 days per week  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 06:25:07 pm »
Jay it’s not window cleaning like it used to be m8 is it you are pushing a pole about the place,if you can walk without the need of a Zimmer frame you can clean windows with a pole physically.
Although it sounds easy it takes time to learn how to clean effectively,I wouldn’t take anyone on with a lard arse you’ll have trouble holding a pole with something beige like a sausage roll in one hand.

jay moley

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 06:43:53 pm »
Jay it’s not window cleaning like it used to be m8 is it you are pushing a pole about the place,if you can walk without the need of a Zimmer frame you can clean windows with a pole physically.
Although it sounds easy it takes time to learn how to clean effectively,I wouldn’t take anyone on with a lard arse you’ll have trouble holding a pole with something beige like a sausage roll in one hand.

I agree its not a killer like scaffolding or plastering but I just think a young person would be good if physically fit and hopefully more mouldable than someone older. I could be wrong of course.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 06:54:01 pm »
When someone first starts using a pole they will ache like they’ve been run over it takes some getting used to,you need to get someone that has bills to pay.
The people who look for the young ones are just looking to  pay little they are easier to mould but they are unreliable and couldn’t give a toss if they let you down when you have a big day on,you can tell if they are fools after the first couple of hours the vast majority are so it won’t take long m8 if they can’t stop looking at their phone just go round to their door and let them out 👍.

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 09:04:11 pm »
saw this advert posted on a facebook group ages back and screen shot it for such an occasion.....

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 09:24:01 pm »
Yeah and that would apply to about 95 out of 100 applicants lol,that just about summed it up that advert.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2021, 11:39:05 pm »
When someone first starts using a pole they will ache like they’ve been run over it takes some getting used to,you need to get someone that has bills to pay.
The people who look for the young ones are just looking to  pay little they are easier to mould but they are unreliable and couldn’t give a toss if they let you down when you have a big day on,you can tell if they are fools after the first couple of hours the vast majority are so it won’t take long m8 if they can’t stop looking at their phone just go round to their door and let them out 👍.
Someone with bills to pay will be looking for more than the 1-2 days work per week on offer tho.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 06:57:12 am »
I use indeed and get plenty of applicants

Darren’s spot in about thinking about the reason why someone would want to work two days a week

I think you sound muddled as to what you want

You want a person who is young, is happy to work 1 or 2 days a week, but also wants to work 5 days a week.

Realistically you ll get one or the other

Have a clearer idea what the position you need filling is and then advertise clearly for it.

So if it’s 1-2 days a week don’t start talking about possibly 5 days in the future...
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 08:06:39 am »
You’ll get more offers of better people with 2 days a week and more often than not they’ll be older,I’ve had a few in their mid 50s wanting work a couple of days a week that are due their pension N. Power and British Gas workers.
Anyone young will or should want full time work.

TomCrowther

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 12:31:29 pm »
Nothing wrong with a bit of fat and slow.
As previously said, Indeed is a good source and you need to be prepared to kiss a few frogs.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 01:39:35 pm »
It takes no more than a couple of hours to know in some cases 5 minutes what you want is someone that starts telling you how to to it the first morning they turn up,far better to have help at hand when you need it for larger jobs tbh.
If you employ these days you need to do it properly pay them what they are worth nearly always it’s not more than £3-50 an hour lol.

Don Kee

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 03:20:35 pm »
It takes no more than a couple of hours to know in some cases 5 minutes what you want is someone that starts telling you how to to it the first morning they turn up,far better to have help at hand when you need it for larger jobs tbh.
If you employ these days you need to do it properly pay them what they are worth nearly always it’s not more than £3-50 an hour lol.

How did you find the guys you have working for you, mate?

NWH

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 03:45:57 pm »
My Rich Mrs found em for me page 3 of the Watchtower I don’t think this site is moderated very well seeing that you still have that line about me every time you post,mind you saying that I suppose it’s better than having things written about me on the walls of the gents toilets 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2021, 04:01:04 pm »
My Rich Mrs found em for me page 3 of the Watchtower I don’t think this site is moderated very well seeing that you still have that line about me every time you post,mind you saying that I suppose it’s better than having things written about me on the walls of the gents toilets 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You're the one who wrote what he is quoting. 🤣
It's a game of three halves!