This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tristan76

Cladding cleaning price
« on: March 31, 2021, 05:22:48 pm »
Hi everyone.
This is my second post, have been a member for a while but have lurked in the background. 🤭😀
Have been window cleaning about 2 years now, and have done add on’s etc.
Have just been asked to do this cladding clean job. Has anyone got any ideas on pricing.
As I say I have done these jobs before but I feel I always price under cause I’m pretty shattered after lol.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.
T.

Smudger

Re: Cladding cleaning price
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 05:26:33 pm »
around the 650 mark - done well within a day - you may still feel knackered tho.

spray with TFR or better still TFR and Hypo then scrub

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Tristan76

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 05:31:34 pm »
Thanks Darren for the quick reply.
👍🏻

james peters

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 05:37:01 pm »
around the 650 mark - done well within a day - you may still feel knackered tho.

spray with TFR or better still TFR and Hypo then scrub

Darran
thats interesting
I have never used the 2 together. Do you add the tfr to the hypo mix? or put the tfr on your brush?
I would have said just a week hypo mix

NWH

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 05:42:17 pm »
Now Tristan do you want a proper price or a Coronation street house price it’s you’re call m8 lol.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 05:42:56 pm »
Hot water.

Bungle

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 05:50:52 pm »
Now Tristan do you want a proper price or a Coronation street house price it’s you’re call m8 lol.

Give us your price then, with and without VAT 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

Don Kee

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 06:07:59 pm »

Give us your price then, with and without VAT 👍

NWH can’t spell “VAT”...

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 06:35:40 pm »
That job is no more than 4 hours work .....I wouldnt be going anywhere else after cleaning it though so I'd put a  day rate on it....plus I'd drain most of my 500L tank....

For me I'd go in at £300 and fully expect not to get the job...

£650 is ridiculously expensive..not many people will say yes to that IMO....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 07:17:23 pm »
I looked at this product when it first came out and thought it’s an improvement but it’s the opposite in reality it’s dreadful stuff,you can get the smooth and the grained effect I can see it’s the grained effect as it’s held on to all the dirt.
I’ve done a few of these that job with hot water would be easy but to the customer it looks a lot of hard work,450-600 is about right it would take me no more than 3 hours with the heat up if you don’t use a chemical to prevent it coming back it’ll be in the same condition in 2-2-1/2 years time.

simon w

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 07:28:00 pm »
Not going to say what we'd charge but easy effortless work  using  the right equipment and a mild softwash mix. We'd use customers outside tap so only pure water would be to put the windows right at the end. Wouldn't be spending anywhere near a day on this and would be going off to do other work when this was finished.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 07:37:44 pm »
The hardest part is going to be the gable end, if you don’t get access to the neighbours garden you may require physiotherapy afterwards!

the king

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 07:41:10 pm »
I would be more inclined to soft wash it with bio if its just green ive cleaned a few over the years with hot water and tfr very hard work

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2021, 07:41:50 pm »
stay with hypo first allow 10 mins then TFR - I wouldn't soft wash without a scrub as I have found you still have a build up of crud in the grooves

Hypo to kill off the organic material ( applied via back pack or pressure washer ) then the same for TFR - scrub and rinse

The above method is done for the holiday caravans but as smooth flat surface don't need a scrub just rinse - we do approx 350 of the 3 weeks before easter

is your water hot enough to sterilise the surface my little hot angel ? (NWH) what temp kills off the algae so it won't return?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Bungle

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2021, 07:45:15 pm »
I looked at this product when it first came out and thought it’s an improvement but it’s the opposite in reality it’s dreadful stuff,you can get the smooth and the grained effect I can see it’s the grained effect as it’s held on to all the dirt.
I’ve done a few of these that job with hot water would be easy but to the customer it looks a lot of hard work,450-600 is about right it would take me no more than 3 hours with the heat up if you don’t use a chemical to prevent it coming back it’ll be in the same condition in 2-2-1/2 years time.

Or we?

200 notes an hour is nothing to be sniffed at 😂
We look at them, they look through them.

Tristan76

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 08:05:14 pm »
Thanks for the reply’s guys.
A lot to consider. 😀👍🏻

NWH

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2021, 08:13:39 pm »
Easy money and the gables are easily cleaned with the mini flocked brush as far as it coming back it definitely does come back,all the chemicals do is delay the time it takes but it does return.
I will be having to quote about 10 houses with this stuff on later this year I’ll probably only have to do a 1/4 of it,as long as I’m getting 15 notes an hour I’ll be more than happy 🤣🤣🤣

swanson

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2021, 08:19:19 pm »
I would charge £250-300
5 hours work max
£650 is ridiculous and you probably wouldn’t get the job.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2021, 08:19:24 pm »
More and more houses have got this stuff now all new builds that I see have it dreadful stuff you’d think they’d open their minds a bit on the drawing board,timber house rubbish covered in plastic very nice.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2021, 08:19:48 pm »
I would charge £250-300
5 hours work max
£650 is ridiculous and you probably wouldn’t get the job.

Yeah I hope not that’s the idea m8.