van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tristan76

Cladding cleaning price
« on: March 31, 2021, 05:22:48 pm »
Hi everyone.
This is my second post, have been a member for a while but have lurked in the background. 🤭😀
Have been window cleaning about 2 years now, and have done add on’s etc.
Have just been asked to do this cladding clean job. Has anyone got any ideas on pricing.
As I say I have done these jobs before but I feel I always price under cause I’m pretty shattered after lol.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.
T.

Smudger

Re: Cladding cleaning price
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 05:26:33 pm »
around the 650 mark - done well within a day - you may still feel knackered tho.

spray with TFR or better still TFR and Hypo then scrub

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Tristan76

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 05:31:34 pm »
Thanks Darren for the quick reply.
👍🏻

james peters

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 05:37:01 pm »
around the 650 mark - done well within a day - you may still feel knackered tho.

spray with TFR or better still TFR and Hypo then scrub

Darran
thats interesting
I have never used the 2 together. Do you add the tfr to the hypo mix? or put the tfr on your brush?
I would have said just a week hypo mix

NWH

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 05:42:17 pm »
Now Tristan do you want a proper price or a Coronation street house price it’s you’re call m8 lol.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 05:42:56 pm »
Hot water.

Bungle

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 05:50:52 pm »
Now Tristan do you want a proper price or a Coronation street house price it’s you’re call m8 lol.

Give us your price then, with and without VAT 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

Don Kee

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 06:07:59 pm »

Give us your price then, with and without VAT 👍

NWH can’t spell “VAT”...

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 06:35:40 pm »
That job is no more than 4 hours work .....I wouldnt be going anywhere else after cleaning it though so I'd put a  day rate on it....plus I'd drain most of my 500L tank....

For me I'd go in at £300 and fully expect not to get the job...

£650 is ridiculously expensive..not many people will say yes to that IMO....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 07:17:23 pm »
I looked at this product when it first came out and thought it’s an improvement but it’s the opposite in reality it’s dreadful stuff,you can get the smooth and the grained effect I can see it’s the grained effect as it’s held on to all the dirt.
I’ve done a few of these that job with hot water would be easy but to the customer it looks a lot of hard work,450-600 is about right it would take me no more than 3 hours with the heat up if you don’t use a chemical to prevent it coming back it’ll be in the same condition in 2-2-1/2 years time.

simon w

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 07:28:00 pm »
Not going to say what we'd charge but easy effortless work  using  the right equipment and a mild softwash mix. We'd use customers outside tap so only pure water would be to put the windows right at the end. Wouldn't be spending anywhere near a day on this and would be going off to do other work when this was finished.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 07:37:44 pm »
The hardest part is going to be the gable end, if you don’t get access to the neighbours garden you may require physiotherapy afterwards!

the king

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 07:41:10 pm »
I would be more inclined to soft wash it with bio if its just green ive cleaned a few over the years with hot water and tfr very hard work

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2021, 07:41:50 pm »
stay with hypo first allow 10 mins then TFR - I wouldn't soft wash without a scrub as I have found you still have a build up of crud in the grooves

Hypo to kill off the organic material ( applied via back pack or pressure washer ) then the same for TFR - scrub and rinse

The above method is done for the holiday caravans but as smooth flat surface don't need a scrub just rinse - we do approx 350 of the 3 weeks before easter

is your water hot enough to sterilise the surface my little hot angel ? (NWH) what temp kills off the algae so it won't return?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Bungle

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2021, 07:45:15 pm »
I looked at this product when it first came out and thought it’s an improvement but it’s the opposite in reality it’s dreadful stuff,you can get the smooth and the grained effect I can see it’s the grained effect as it’s held on to all the dirt.
I’ve done a few of these that job with hot water would be easy but to the customer it looks a lot of hard work,450-600 is about right it would take me no more than 3 hours with the heat up if you don’t use a chemical to prevent it coming back it’ll be in the same condition in 2-2-1/2 years time.

Or we?

200 notes an hour is nothing to be sniffed at 😂
We look at them, they look through them.

Tristan76

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 08:05:14 pm »
Thanks for the reply’s guys.
A lot to consider. 😀👍🏻

NWH

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2021, 08:13:39 pm »
Easy money and the gables are easily cleaned with the mini flocked brush as far as it coming back it definitely does come back,all the chemicals do is delay the time it takes but it does return.
I will be having to quote about 10 houses with this stuff on later this year I’ll probably only have to do a 1/4 of it,as long as I’m getting 15 notes an hour I’ll be more than happy 🤣🤣🤣

swanson

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2021, 08:19:19 pm »
I would charge £250-300
5 hours work max
£650 is ridiculous and you probably wouldn’t get the job.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2021, 08:19:24 pm »
More and more houses have got this stuff now all new builds that I see have it dreadful stuff you’d think they’d open their minds a bit on the drawing board,timber house rubbish covered in plastic very nice.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2021, 08:19:48 pm »
I would charge £250-300
5 hours work max
£650 is ridiculous and you probably wouldn’t get the job.

Yeah I hope not that’s the idea m8.

Splash & dash

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2021, 09:10:39 pm »
Softwash mix then light scrub with wfp rinse with  garden hose take about 2 .5 hours and £350

zesty

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2021, 09:23:10 pm »
Id be softwashing that, no scrubbing involved, I’d be happy with £300. With softwash it’s an hours work.

I do these hardie board cleans all the time with my softwash kit, always comes up like new with a 3% mix of hypo, water and soap.

Always shining

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2021, 09:35:13 pm »
£300 for an hours work!! So much rubbish chatted on here sometimes. £300 a day is more than enough for bog  standard cladding cleaning. No fancy chemicals, no hot water etc etc
Just elbow grease needs. Come on!!!

zesty

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2021, 10:14:09 pm »
£300 for an hours work!! So much rubbish chatted on here sometimes. £300 a day is more than enough for bog  standard cladding cleaning. No fancy chemicals, no hot water etc etc

Erm, it’s not rubbish mate. It’s reality.

I’d be laughing if I did softwash jobs everyday. It is so fast and easy.

I average around 5 or 6 a month this time of year.

And it’s not ‘fancy’ chemicals. It’s a basically bleach and fairy mixed with water.

You then buy a good quality softwash machine from Ben at Rutland pumps. In my case a p40 machine, and voila. You’re away.

And yes. It really does only take an hour with jobs like this.

Render can take longer. But this house is small and simple.

And of course you can do it with ‘just elbow grease’ but why would you when softwashing is so fast and easy.

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2021, 10:47:50 pm »
I do love these threads - everyone works a different way and expects to be paid differently

I get my price more often than not - so take it or leave it.......

Darran

NWH

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2021, 11:18:34 pm »

Some people undersell thereselves that’s not good money for a job like that imo I always base it on what I can do elsewhere with no hassle.

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2021, 12:06:55 am »

Some people undersell thereselves that’s not good money for a job like that imo I always base it on what I can do elsewhere with no hassle.

can't say fairer than that

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2021, 08:55:05 am »
ive quoted a few cladding jobs like these over the years and ive only ever got a couple of jobs out of around 20 enquiries.....even at £250-£300...people usually say no....they just think its too expensive and your trying to rip them off.... ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2021, 09:29:52 am »
There’s plenty more fruit on the tree Daz it’s dirty and it needs cleaning and if they want me to do it they’ll pay what I want for cleaning it,they can always have a go at doing it thereselves and I’ll watch A&E and see the husband recovering in hospital when he falls off a ladder,
I’ll keep saying it why would you do a job like this if you can get more or the same cleaning windows I’m not going out everyday to do people favours,things in this life cost money equipment etc and I’m not going to be the one to pay for it the customer is.

Smudger

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2021, 10:59:51 am »
One off works should always be better priced than standard regular cleaning work

Darran

NWH

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2021, 11:33:42 am »
I’ll tell you why window cleaning has been stuck in the dark ages forever  and why people have the opinion that they do it’s down to the actual window cleaners themselves,would you expect someone to turn out to you’re property for 10 quid for example I know I wouldn’t my chimney sweep charges a minimum of 45 notes no matter how clean it may still be from 1 winter burning fuel.
People don’t factor in expenses into their day that’s obvious to me,you go out and clean 200 quid worth of work you need to wake up because you won’t end up with 200 in you’re pocket the time deductions have happened will you lol.
If
You want 200 a day go out and earn 300 you might get somewhere close to making what you want after expenses.

the king

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2021, 06:43:02 pm »

And it’s not ‘fancy’ chemicals. It’s a basically bleach and fairy mixed with water.

You then buy a good quality softwash machine from Ben at Rutland pumps. In my case a p40 machine, and voila. You’re away.

And of course you can do it with ‘just elbow grease’ but why would you when softwashing is so fast and easy.
fairy is a no no m8  :-\ ide stick with clever wash or a surfactant designed for hypo

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2021, 12:09:27 am »

fairy is a no no m8 :-\ ide stick with clever wash or a surfactant designed for hypo

interesting answer - please explain

Darran

H2GoKent

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2021, 12:18:39 pm »
I’ll tell you why window cleaning has been stuck in the dark ages forever  and why people have the opinion that they do it’s down to the actual window cleaners themselves,would you expect someone to turn out to you’re property for 10 quid for example I know I wouldn’t my chimney sweep charges a minimum of 45 notes no matter how clean it may still be from 1 winter burning fuel.
People don’t factor in expenses into their day that’s obvious to me,you go out and clean 200 quid worth of work you need to wake up because you won’t end up with 200 in you’re pocket the time deductions have happened will you lol.
If
You want 200 a day go out and earn 300 you might get somewhere close to making what you want after expenses.

I've not always agreed with NWH but he's absolutely right here. Work out what you want to earn and go and charge accordingly don't be a busy fool.
Do what you say you're going to and charge enough to do a good job.
Always do an honest job, but damn well charge for it
Why work yourself half to death for these people, your loyalty is to yourself and your family.
If you get every job you price then you are way too cheap.
The only time you should be cheap is when you're desperate and if you've been doing this for more than 6 months you shouldn't be desperate.
Lecture over, sorry got carried away  ;D
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

zesty

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2021, 12:39:38 pm »

fairy is a no no m8  :-\ ide stick with clever wash or a surfactant designed for hypo

I think you’re fooled by some marketing there mate.

I’ve done all the research, years ago when first started softwashing. I even rang clover chemicals to ask them about fairy and bleach. They said it would not be a problem.

There is a lot of conflicting info online on the subject.

Given that fairy is PH8 so alkaline in nature, it is safe with Hypo. There really isn’t anything in fairy thats a cause for concern. Not unless you’re one of those really ott health and safety nut jobs. You know, the type that want to ban log burners and anything that’s mildly polluting.

Smudger

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2021, 02:04:20 pm »
zesty - I wanted to see why "the King" said no fairy - and you gave the answer away in the fact its also alkaline and therefore ok with hypo

Darran

the king

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2021, 03:58:34 pm »
Put me strate if im wrong but i was under the impression mixing fairy with hypo was illegal  ??? Ive always used clever wash as its been designed for the use with hypo some people over the years have had a moan its expensive but 250mill per 20l goes long way i won't use anything else  :)

Smudger

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2021, 05:15:11 pm »
Impression it's "illegal"  I don't think so - but happy to be pointed to the correct legislation on it

It's a bit like ladders are illegal  - it's more of a health and safety recommendation  - like a lot of things too many half truths an hidden agendas spouted on the internet mainly by those wanting to sell you something more expensive

With hypo you need to retreat it with respect and don't ever mix anything on the acidic side of the ph scale

Darran

NWH

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2021, 09:12:58 pm »
If

I've not always agreed with NWH but he's absolutely right here. Work out what you want to earn and go and charge accordingly don't be a busy fool.
Do what you say you're going to and charge enough to do a good job.
Always do an honest job, but damn well charge for it
Why work yourself half to death for these people, your loyalty is to yourself and your family.
If you get every job you price then you are way too cheap.
The only time you should be cheap is when you're desperate and if you've been doing this for more than 6 months you shouldn't be desperate.
Lecture over, sorry got carried away  ;D

You won’t get through to some people you have to go through life excepting that if someone doesn’t value thereselves and what they do there’s no hope I’m afraid,look at how many people still clean windows from ladders they are only 2 kind of people they are either lazy to get setup or the 2nd which is more likely and that’s stupid.
The 2nd person earns a 200 a day and thinks I never have any money,how can you begin to help someone like that it’s like trying to get a square peg in a round hole with some people.

Splash & dash

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2021, 10:51:44 pm »
Impression it's "illegal"  I don't think so - but happy to be pointed to the correct legislation on it

It's a bit like ladders are illegal  - it's more of a health and safety recommendation  - like a lot of things too many half truths an hidden agendas spouted on the internet mainly by those wanting to sell you something more expensive

With hypo you need to retreat it with respect and don't ever mix anything on the acidic side of the ph scale

Darran

It’s nothing to do with the PH scale and mixing acids and alkaline it’s mixing washing up liquid or similar with hypo can cause carcinogenic substances  to be produced by mixing the two chemicals together such  things as chloromines  or halothormes  can be produced . Also washing up liquid doesn’t readily mix with hypo  it tends to curdled and sit at the bottom of the drum again this suggests that it’s not compatible with hypo . And  so Ime told by a chemist mixing stuff with hypo unless it’s designed to be added to it you are then producing a new chemical which unless it’s tested and approved is illegal , Ime just repeating what I have been told from several sources all of  which are qualified Industrial chemists , I know many will poo poo this but it’s what I have been told by unrelated sources , I did have the legislation  sent in an email by one of theses chemists to me stating all this but it was several years ago and unfortunately it has been date deleted from my files , I will try and see if I can get him to re send it  it’s very interesting reading . 

zesty

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2021, 07:48:23 am »
Lots of conflicting info splash.

I don’t see anything in fairy that will cause issues. When I spoke to clover chemicals, they were very sure it would not be a problem at all.

Mixing acid with bleach is the big no no. Or ammonia.

Smudger

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2021, 09:04:32 am »
Splash - just to point out I don't use fairy - its not a good enough sufficient for me but  research points to fairy being safe - esp since the ingredients have changed over the last couple of years to improve its "Green" credentials and being more biodegradable

I couldn't find any reference exactly to fairy and bleach (other than fairy has none) but lots of eco-warriors slamming the product and other just "guessing" that its dangerous has other cleaners like drain cleaner would have a reaction.

The best advice on the subject would be to use caution and find an approved sufficant

Darran

Splash & dash

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2021, 09:47:15 am »

I don’t see anything in fairy that will cause issues. When I spoke to clover chemicals, they were very sure it would not be a problem at all.

What’s conflicting ?????  Ime not a chemist and when offered  advice by ones who are I listen to what they say , if you are asked by a customer forRAMS and COSHH data fir the products being used how can you supply that if it’s a home made concoction?? We have done work for some clients who have said that they want a certain brand of hypo used as it’s an approved and authorised product .

Splash & dash

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2021, 09:49:38 am »
Splash - just to point out I don't use fairy - its not a good enough sufficient for me but  research points to fairy being safe - esp since the ingredients have changed over the last couple of years to improve its "Green" credentials and being more biodegradable

I couldn't find any reference exactly to fairy and bleach (other than fairy has none) but lots of eco-warriors slamming the product and other just "guessing" that its dangerous has other cleaners like drain cleaner would have a reaction.

The best advice on the subject would be to use caution and find an approved sufficant

Darran

Fairy is a brand name the general consensus is washing up liquid should not be added to hypo products , I totally agree about buying a branded and approved surfactant they are cheap and work well doesn’t cost any more than washing up liquid so why not use it .

zesty

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2021, 10:48:38 am »

What’s conflicting ?????  Ime not a chemist and when offered  advice by ones who are I listen to what they say , if you are asked by a customer forRAMS and COSHH data fir the products being used how can you supply that if it’s a home made concoction?? We have done work for some clients who have said that they want a certain brand of hypo used as it’s an approved and authorised product .

So why did clover chemicals, who make chemicals including Bleach, say is was fine?

Again, conflicting information.

I’m happy using it based on what clover Chemicals told me over the phone.

Splash & dash

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2021, 11:09:23 am »

So why did clover chemicals, who make chemicals including Bleach, say is was fine?

That’s fine but a phone conversation won’t stand up in court neither will it satisfy commercial customers coshh requrments 😂😂😂

zesty

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2021, 12:09:05 pm »

That’s fine but a phone conversation won’t stand up in court neither will it satisfy commercial customers coshh requrments 😂😂😂

Never had an issue with commercial customers. Ever.

I’ll do a bet with you. £10,000 it’s never an issue for me over the next 30 years. By which we’ll both be retired.

There is nothing in fairy that causes poisonous gas. Clover chemicals, who aren’t chemists, but chemical experts, have told me planinly.

I believe them over people who dispense Prozac and antibiotics.

Splash & dash

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2021, 01:12:50 pm »

Never had an issue with commercial customers. Ever.

I’ll do a bet with you. £10,000 it’s never an issue for me over the next 30 years. By which we’ll both be retired.

There is nothing in fairy that causes poisonous gas. Clover chemicals, who aren’t chemists, but chemical experts, have told me planinly.

I believe them over people who dispense Prozac and antibiotics.

It’s nothing to do with causing poison gas , and it’s washing up  liquid  as a whole not fairy as a brand , and if you read my post correctly I did say industrial chemist not pharmaceutical chemist , each to there own with what they choose do do and hopefully nothing will go wrong , but if it dies I want to know that ime coverd by my insurance and by using approved  products I am

zesty

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2021, 01:24:36 pm »
Pretty certain a few dabs of soap of any kind wouldn’t be a cause if for concern if it’s alkaline based.

I actaully use bookers own brand washing up soap. Less ingredients than fairy. Nothing on the tub says don’t mix with bleach.

Like you say, each to their own.