This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Re: Cladding cleaning price
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2021, 07:48:23 am »
Lots of conflicting info splash.

I don’t see anything in fairy that will cause issues. When I spoke to clover chemicals, they were very sure it would not be a problem at all.

Mixing acid with bleach is the big no no. Or ammonia.

Smudger

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2021, 09:04:32 am »
Splash - just to point out I don't use fairy - its not a good enough sufficient for me but  research points to fairy being safe - esp since the ingredients have changed over the last couple of years to improve its "Green" credentials and being more biodegradable

I couldn't find any reference exactly to fairy and bleach (other than fairy has none) but lots of eco-warriors slamming the product and other just "guessing" that its dangerous has other cleaners like drain cleaner would have a reaction.

The best advice on the subject would be to use caution and find an approved sufficant

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2021, 09:47:15 am »

I don’t see anything in fairy that will cause issues. When I spoke to clover chemicals, they were very sure it would not be a problem at all.

What’s conflicting ?????  Ime not a chemist and when offered  advice by ones who are I listen to what they say , if you are asked by a customer forRAMS and COSHH data fir the products being used how can you supply that if it’s a home made concoction?? We have done work for some clients who have said that they want a certain brand of hypo used as it’s an approved and authorised product .

Splash & dash

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2021, 09:49:38 am »
Splash - just to point out I don't use fairy - its not a good enough sufficient for me but  research points to fairy being safe - esp since the ingredients have changed over the last couple of years to improve its "Green" credentials and being more biodegradable

I couldn't find any reference exactly to fairy and bleach (other than fairy has none) but lots of eco-warriors slamming the product and other just "guessing" that its dangerous has other cleaners like drain cleaner would have a reaction.

The best advice on the subject would be to use caution and find an approved sufficant

Darran

Fairy is a brand name the general consensus is washing up liquid should not be added to hypo products , I totally agree about buying a branded and approved surfactant they are cheap and work well doesn’t cost any more than washing up liquid so why not use it .

zesty

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2021, 10:48:38 am »

What’s conflicting ?????  Ime not a chemist and when offered  advice by ones who are I listen to what they say , if you are asked by a customer forRAMS and COSHH data fir the products being used how can you supply that if it’s a home made concoction?? We have done work for some clients who have said that they want a certain brand of hypo used as it’s an approved and authorised product .

So why did clover chemicals, who make chemicals including Bleach, say is was fine?

Again, conflicting information.

I’m happy using it based on what clover Chemicals told me over the phone.

Splash & dash

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2021, 11:09:23 am »

So why did clover chemicals, who make chemicals including Bleach, say is was fine?

That’s fine but a phone conversation won’t stand up in court neither will it satisfy commercial customers coshh requrments 😂😂😂

zesty

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2021, 12:09:05 pm »

That’s fine but a phone conversation won’t stand up in court neither will it satisfy commercial customers coshh requrments 😂😂😂

Never had an issue with commercial customers. Ever.

I’ll do a bet with you. £10,000 it’s never an issue for me over the next 30 years. By which we’ll both be retired.

There is nothing in fairy that causes poisonous gas. Clover chemicals, who aren’t chemists, but chemical experts, have told me planinly.

I believe them over people who dispense Prozac and antibiotics.

Splash & dash

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2021, 01:12:50 pm »

Never had an issue with commercial customers. Ever.

I’ll do a bet with you. £10,000 it’s never an issue for me over the next 30 years. By which we’ll both be retired.

There is nothing in fairy that causes poisonous gas. Clover chemicals, who aren’t chemists, but chemical experts, have told me planinly.

I believe them over people who dispense Prozac and antibiotics.

It’s nothing to do with causing poison gas , and it’s washing up  liquid  as a whole not fairy as a brand , and if you read my post correctly I did say industrial chemist not pharmaceutical chemist , each to there own with what they choose do do and hopefully nothing will go wrong , but if it dies I want to know that ime coverd by my insurance and by using approved  products I am

zesty

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2021, 01:24:36 pm »
Pretty certain a few dabs of soap of any kind wouldn’t be a cause if for concern if it’s alkaline based.

I actaully use bookers own brand washing up soap. Less ingredients than fairy. Nothing on the tub says don’t mix with bleach.

Like you say, each to their own.