van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dry Clean

Re: Crazy customer
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2021, 09:47:45 pm »
There's always a chance that a promised regular service could end up as a one off clean, if you are unable to handle this sort of thing without losing the plot then charge a one off price for all first cleans.

Slacky

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2021, 10:30:40 pm »
Or change career. Maybe one where you peel bananas with your feet.

NBwcs

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 10:43:36 pm »
Really silly putting soap on your brush , dont see it much these days but if you went
to a job with eggs thrown at the house it was a sign to other window cleaners that the customer was a knocker
and to give it a miss

I know of window cleaners who have done this , when i started out nearly 20 yrs ago. Do that sort of thing or what the op did now and word spreads on the net  particularly in small towns/villages. Neighbourhood whatsapp groups seem to be taking the place of neighbourhood watch,word spreads quickly. Its not worth the risk to your own reputation, unfortunatly you v'e just gotta take it on the chin sometimes, I think nearly every business in the land has its share of pita customers. At least we're dealing in relatively small amounts of money, so whilst customers may make your blood boil from time to time, its not the end of the world.

RPCCS

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 10:49:11 pm »
I would certainly go back and apologise, and offer to re clean as someone else said. If I get a new customer I give them a price for first clean then every subsequent clean. If they say they just want a one  off ,I politely say no thanks I don't do one offs .
Cheers Rich

Don Kee

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2021, 09:18:54 am »
I got annoyed and undid my work.

This is brilliant  ;D ;D ;D

Lot’s of people talk a good game, I didn’t actually think someone was genuinely daft enough to actually do something like this though  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 09:37:59 am »
you cleaned the house and got paid?

you then decided to undo your work? by this I take it you spray the house with dirty water?

you have no right to "damage" the property - you were paid for services (when I say damages just the action is good enough as you could have put paint stripper- acid on the house)

Darran
  bang on once you had took the money your were at fault how ever its a different story if they dont pay

as you have the right  to put the muck back on the windows  undo your service  ,  as its a civil matter we do the same 14 houses this year so far have benn mucky up and there nothing the police will do ,

had them out at the unit 5 times  for a cup of tea and a laugh about it all over the years 

Bungle

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2021, 10:22:55 am »
you cleaned the house and got paid?

you then decided to undo your work? by this I take it you spray the house with dirty water?

you have no right to "damage" the property - you were paid for services (when I say damages just the action is good enough as you could have put paint stripper- acid on the house)

Darran
  bang on once you had took the money your were at fault how ever its a different story if they dont pay

as you have the right  to put the muck back on the windows  undo your service  ,  as its a civil matter we do the same 14 houses this year so far have benn mucky up and there nothing the police will do ,

had them out at the unit 5 times  for a cup of tea and a laugh about it all over the years

What does all of that even mean @Susan?
We look at them, they look through them.

Slacky

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2021, 02:18:21 pm »
It means they get loads of complaints.

NWH

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2021, 04:02:04 pm »

Lot’s of people talk a good game, I didn’t actually think someone was genuinely daft enough to actually do something like this though  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You may put that at the bottom of that post but let’s be honest there’s more people than you think that value my opinion like it or not lol,you must stop reading my posts whilst masturbating I can tell you’ve a soft-hard spot for me. 👌

Smudger

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2021, 04:33:26 pm »

???

how on earth did you connect a general statement like that to a personal attack ?

Darran

You may put that at the bottom of that post but let’s be honest there’s more people than you think that value my opinion like it or not lol,you must stop reading my posts whilst masturbating I can tell you’ve a soft-hard spot for me. 👌
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Don Kee

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2021, 06:29:01 pm »

You may put that at the bottom of that post but let’s be honest there’s more people than you think that value my opinion like it or not lol

I’m confused, it’s a direct quote, you said it  ;D

Bless...do you want me to get rid of it, I don’t want to give you hurty feelings...?

Don Kee

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2021, 06:29:25 pm »

???

how on earth did you connect a general statement like that to a personal attack ?

Darran

I think he likes the signature in my posts...

NWH

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2021, 06:38:17 pm »
All you are doing is reminding everyone about me when they read one of the pointless posts you put up I don’t mind please keep it,plenty of room for you in my queen sized bed 🛌 m8 no problem. 😉

Don Kee

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2021, 06:54:53 pm »
All you are doing is reminding everyone about me

I’ll reply to you with one of your own posts...

you must stop reading my posts whilst masturbating I can tell you’ve a soft-hard spot for me. 👌

All joking aside, I didn’t realise you were so precious mate. Sorry for hurting your feelings, I’ll delete the signature of your own post...
Please don’t get too upset...

NWH

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2021, 07:19:33 pm »
No m8 you won’t hurt my feelings skin like a 🦏 no problem. 👍

NWH

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2021, 07:20:04 pm »
🛌 still available though 😉

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2021, 09:55:55 am »
Remember that the internet is a massively powerful thing these days. I know custys can be stupid and annoying but they hold the power.

i dont agree with this statement in regards to window cleaning TBH.

some of the biggest businesses on here, making decent profit have mediocre to bad online reviews.. average ratings of 3/5 and some with very bad reviews spelled out by ex customers on google.

this doesn't mean i think you should argue with customers and throw dirty water on windows.

of course you shouldn't, and you must have been pretty wound up to do that.

like previous have said here, most of this can be avoided just by communicating clearly with enquiries when you first speak with them. however, some people are very difficult to deal with and are infuriating for sure.

saying that, most people are reasonable enough if you can calm the situation down, listen to them, and treat them with respect.

it sounds like you were having a bad day to be fair

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2021, 12:02:18 pm »
That’s the problem and the dilemma you face when deciding which route to go down,it’s a numbers game window cleaning and once you get silly busy and start pushing workers mistakes will happen and they will just end up running.
They won’t look at a job as far as quality goes it’ll be I need to get to that job for the 🏁 chequered flag,I’ve been there went on Holiday for a week came back 2/3rds only completed and Hi Nigel the windows weren’t that great last time,never a problem when I’m there as well though.
You’ll never get someone like you if you want to keep a good name stay smallish  and in touch you’ll still earn a great living. 

Ched

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2021, 01:05:08 pm »
Remember that the internet is a massively powerful thing these days. I know custys can be stupid and annoying but they hold the power.

i dont agree with this statement in regards to window cleaning TBH.

some of the biggest businesses on here, making decent profit have mediocre to bad online reviews.. average ratings of 3/5 and some with very bad reviews spelled out by ex customers on google.
The problem is that window cleaning hasn't been targeted by a leach company yet!!!! What I mean by that is year ago running a hotel required you to be in the local councils tourist brochure. Then the internet came along and it was easy to have your website on front page of google, then hotels.com, booking.com etc came along and ploughed millions into their leach company and now virtually the only way to get booking is via one of the leach companies charging 20% or there about! Then they targeted  takeaways and look how just eat, deliveroo etc are doing!! Plus Uber have started taking over taxi firms - OK so they have hickups.
So the danger is that a big venture capitalist sees Windy as a good target to leach from and starts targeting this market.

OK so I have probably blown this all out of proportion but each and every day the internet is getting more powerful. Ignore it at your peril.  ;)

NWH

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2021, 03:41:07 pm »
Yeah you have blown it out of proportion a bit m8 window cleaning has only just evolved from a Bycycle ,bucket 🪣 and ladders m8.
Go back 40 years and see where we were then it was like a different world literally people have only just within the last few years realised you can earn decent money,I don’t think this job is going like Uber anytime soon m8 lol.