This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tlwcs

Re: Crazy customer
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2021, 04:37:13 pm »
Or change career. Maybe one where you peel bananas with your feet.

But definitely not counselling  ;D

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2021, 06:31:59 pm »
I think in this crazy world it’s very easy to lose your cool. I don’t think previous comments were meant to offend but I do agree it is unprofessional. 15 years ago when I was trad I had a non payer (3 cleans @£7.50 each) and they just refused to pay with no reason. I lost it and applicated all the windows. I just wouldn’t do that now.

I do understand the utter frustration with rude/annoying customers but in your shoes I would take some very good advice on here and apologise to the customer. I don’t personally think you need to buy flowers also as a little OTT but you could reclean the windows and apologise. (Just say you have been under some severe stress or something)

Good luck 🤞

james peters

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2021, 07:02:31 pm »
About 15 years ago.   An extremely toffy nosed rude customer owed me money. he  had moved without telling me but still was going back and forth to the house to do maintenance  and collect post.
I accepted I wasnt going to get paid, and whilst it was a tad annoying it wasnt a big deal.

however whilst I was cleaning the neighbours... they happen to mention that he had openly told them he had no intention of paying me ... his words were , " he is just a window cleaner" 

I was really cross.    my first job  was working for a sign company where I learnt to do poster sign writing the old traditional way.
so I popped to the local art store , got some luminous paper about 3ft by 3ft. and did a proffesionaly written poster
it said
shame on you mr x
pay your bills
and I put it on his door

Later that afternoon my phone rang
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM
I AM A PILOT AND A CAPTAIN
i AM WEALTHY AND LIVE IN A NICE HOUSE.

I just replied , I am a window cleaner and I need paying to feed my children , then I hung up.
A few days later a cheque arrived.....
I didnt pay it in , I put it in the bin.

I do chuckle to myself when I look back.
I certainly wouldnt react like that now.... however back then I had a young family and money was tighter. ;D ;D ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2021, 08:31:06 pm »
That’s a terrible thing for someone to say to you,I also do a Captain and Pilot he’s a lovely human being.