This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Amazin

Crazy customer
« on: February 21, 2021, 01:01:11 pm »
Cleaned a house on friday, front and back which took me ages. After she paid me she said she's already got a window cleaner but haven't seen him in a long time due to covid. She then said he was able to cleaned the front and back within 20mins and she couldn't get her shopping done because of me. I explained to her that this is a regular service and I don't do one offs, if she told me at the start then I wouldn't have bothered. She then went on and accused me of not telling her that from the start and I didn't clean her windows properly. I got annoyed and undid my work. Few mins later she came out the house and said what I did was an offence and she got my reg. What offence did I cause and how serious is it?

Simon Trapani

Re: Crazy customer
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 01:21:14 pm »
Not very professional of you imo but i understand why. You need to give them a 1st clean price in future to cover yourself.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 01:25:09 pm »
you cleaned the house and got paid?

you then decided to undo your work? by this I take it you spray the house with dirty water?

you have no right to "damage" the property - you were paid for services (when I say damages just the action is good enough as you could have put paint stripper- acid on the house)

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Amazin

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 01:36:26 pm »

you then decided to undo your work? by this I take it you spray the house with dirty water?

you have no right to "damage" the property - you were paid for services (when I say damages just the action is good enough as you could have put paint stripper- acid on the house)

Darran

I just used some soap water on her glass downstairs that's all. No "damage" was caused

dd

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 01:52:07 pm »
Best just to walk away. Waste of time trying to reason with unreasonable people. Sorry but stupid to "undo" your work, especially as you got paid.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 02:01:03 pm »

Darran

I just used some soap water on her glass downstairs that's all. No "damage" was caused

the point is you just can't throw stuff at someone property - the fact of damage caused is irrelevant, many years ago a friend of mine was "attacked" in a car park where he was sprayed with a substance - turned out to be water but could have been acid - bleach god knows what - anyway the police took it seriously enough to prosecute 

regardless of weather you feel justified - thats a pretty childish response and I would consider yourself lucky you don't end up all over Facebook

BTW - how old are you and how tall ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 03:53:07 pm »
I didn’t know him personally  but I knew of a bloke that if he didn’t get paid he would go out at night and throw stones at their windows 🤣🤣🤣 not a joke either,I would have just put that down to experience nothing to be gained by doing what you did at all really it would only ever look bad on you,it wouldn’t matter what you did she will say another thing to other people if you do something well 10 people will hear about it if you do something bad everyone will know.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 03:56:31 pm »
Good on you.

The amount of times ive wanted to do that but restrained myself, i have some non payers to this day i would love to exact revenge on but worried about them having cameras etc. I know its easy to say walk away but in some cases it eats away at you...

I think in your case you didnt commit a criminal act, you just arent very good at your job and left them soapy by accident....its not like you covered them in oil or something on purpose, it was just a  mistake as you thought you had cleaned the soap off.

Hope you enjoyed it  ;)

NWH

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 04:00:03 pm »
As far as her not wanting a one off did you not get that sorted at the start,I’m very intuitive when it comes to how people will be when I take a new one on.
Body language when you talk about price and frequency in the beginning  give it all away to me anyway.

robbo333

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 04:01:21 pm »
If the last cleaner did them in 20 mins...sounds like you need to speed up a bit   ;D

And always walk away, it's never worth it; don't lower yourself to other peoples' levels.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 04:07:07 pm »
Yeah 20 minutes is a lot of windows with the pole dirty or not.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 04:20:40 pm »
in OP's own words

SHE PAID !!!!

you have no recourse to then throw anything over the windows...

Darran

windowswashed

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2021, 04:24:17 pm »
Your own fault for not asking the right questions before you started the job.  Just make yourself look like an idiot being unprofessional, word of mouth and the internet travels quick these days ahead of your reputation if you do crazy acts of retaliation, silly chalk it down to experience and learn from it.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2021, 04:24:34 pm »
if you were paid and then made them dirty again after then that is most certainly wrong, you should walked away and put it down to experience

NWH

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2021, 04:45:56 pm »
She wouldn’t have even mentioned anything about one offs with me coz I don’t offer them,that’s the first thing I say it saves time talking about it further.
Even if you charge 3-4 times what you’d normally charge if you have enough good work you’ll still earn no more.

Ched

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2021, 04:49:00 pm »
Unfortunately you allowed yourself to get angry and did a stupid thing in 'undoing your work'. Legally she could report you to the police for property damage!!
Remember that the internet is a massively powerful thing these days. I know custys can be stupid and annoying but they hold the power.

If I were you I would go back, apologise big time, explain you were having a bad day, give her money back, maybe even a little bunch of flowers and offer to re clean all the windows - no charge.

The thing to do is learn that communication is very important. i.e. when she asked you to clean her windows your first question should be something like 'would you like a regular clean or a one off?' Then you both know what you are getting into. OK so not everyone will say one off as many know it will be more expensive, so they might try and trick you but that's life.

Above all learn that customers are important no matter what you think of them. They can all type on a keyboard or tell family and friends.

You do have the power to refuse work and drop custys but you have to be polite and professional at all times.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2021, 05:10:57 pm »
The customer is always right but in reality they hardly ever are.

bravo20

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2021, 06:15:35 pm »
if you were paid and then made them dirty again after then that is most certainly wrong, you should walked away and put it down to experience

Or in this case, lack of it

Amazin

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 08:09:48 pm »
Good on you.

The amount of times ive wanted to do that but restrained myself, i have some non payers to this day i would love to exact revenge on but worried about them having cameras etc. I know its easy to say walk away but in some cases it eats away at you...

some people just ain't right in the head. She was talking so much poop like I didn't clean them properly and i was taking too, also accusing me of missing the bathroom window. I felt insulted considering I've worked so hard on her windows. Her back windows was never cleaned so she was obviously talking poop.

I think in your case you didnt commit a criminal act, you just arent very good at your job and left them soapy by accident....its not like you covered them in oil or something on purpose, it was just a  mistake as you thought you had cleaned the soap off.

Hope you enjoyed it  ;)

lmao!

Bin Juice

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2021, 08:52:29 pm »
Really silly putting soap on your brush , dont see it much these days but if you went
to a job with eggs thrown at the house it was a sign to other window cleaners that the customer was a knocker
and to give it a miss